Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

W is for Watermelon, finishing up last week

Spoiler
I think a lot of people have tried the Sephora brand watermelon mask by now. This is the perfect after sun mask which is how I used It with all the hot weather we are having here in the north east! Itโ€™s super comfortable and cooling. 

also, I just wanted to share my thoughts on the Augustinus Bader Rich cream gwp. So I was pretty blown away by this. Itโ€™s super luxe feeling and absorbs so well and overall over the few uses I got out of the sample my skin felt really hydrated. I canโ€™t justify close to $300 for a moisturizer regularly, but this is the first super luxe face cream to make we want to. When Iโ€™ve tried others (like la mer or dr strum) I was always sort of left saying this is isnโ€™t better than  high end like $60-100 range. But this one totally hit differently 

60F3D440-4B82-4727-98D5-0E59426D2787.jpeg

โ€ƒ

F4BD36D6-FCE3-4B98-9A56-A64E630E6020.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I actually have not tried the SC watermelon mask yet @Kim888 I do have it in my loves list though ๐Ÿ˜‰

I will take your word for it that the AB is amazing, @Kim888 - sounds like something I don't even want to try ๐Ÿ˜„

@Kim888  Mmmmm....that cream sounds amazing! 

That watermelon mask is so good, @Kim888!

@Kim888, is that the original version of the Sephora watermelon mask? 

Interesting on the AB cream. I have both it and the Dr Barbara Sturm which has been a favorite. Iโ€™ll have to get out my AB cream and compare them. 

@itsfi It is the og version! It still on sale for $3 and in stock 

@Kim888, thanks. I have a couple of the older ones and one of the new ones. Was planning on comparing the two but it seems that from what I've read, the original version of that one, and others, performs better. ๐Ÿ‰

I have one of each, @itsfi, which I have been saving for a duel, too. It's been awhile since I have used the original, so it will feel new to me again. @Kim888  

@Kim888  That watermelon mask is great! So refreshing, especially on warm days! ๐Ÿ‰โ˜€๏ธ

Thanks so much for your review of the AB Cream! I got the GWP too and am so excited to try it!..... I agree, not sure I could spend that much on the FS!

I love the packaging on this line of masks - it's what lured me in and made me want to buy them ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿง‡

456C50C4-61CE-4225-A8B5-69FAD917D740.jpeg

Spoiler

Kokostar Waffle Mask ~ Maple

Material:

Medium thickness waffle weaved cotton, that was comfortable and breathable

Serum:

Medium thickness slimy jelly. There was a lot extra in the pouch

Scent:

I was really hoping for a yummy maple syrup kind of scent, but instead it had a light floral scent.

Fit:
Just a smidge too wide at the forehead and a little too long at the chin.

Wear Time:

40 minutes

Tack:

Light, and stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

Soft and smooth, a little bouncy, comfortably moisturized skin with a nice dewy glow. I didn't really notice any brightening like the mask claims.

Repurchase?

Probably not. The results were about the same as the Honey version I tried from this line, but the Honey one had a much better scent. If this one didn't have a floral scent but instead had a nice maple scent, I would've probably liked it a lot more.

3BB329CA-55A5-4EFA-BCA2-381B23F4C9C9.jpeg

@Shosh85 I'm very curious what a maple scented mask would really smell like,,, would of been nice to find out ๐Ÿคค

@lmaster  I don't know if you've ever tried the Maple Bite lip mask, but I imagined it being similar to that ๐Ÿง‡๐Ÿ๐Ÿ˜‹

Yes yes! Love that too @Shosh85 I would love to try a mask that smelled like that!!

Oooooh, big mistake in having a floral scent, @Shosh85! I wish I remembered this one more. Have you tried the strawberry one yet? I think that one has more of a strawberry scent.

@eshoe  No, so far I've only tried this and the Honey one, but I've heard some of the others have better scents! I guess I was hoping this would have a similar scent/flavor that the Bite lip mask had. 

@Shosh85  The results sound really nice, though I agree that maple scent would be better! 

@PrettyPaint  The results were great, so that kind of made up for the lack of maple scent - but I guess I just kinda got my hopes up! 

@Shosh85  The results sound really nice, though I agree that maple scent would be better! 

You're right, @Shosh85, the packaging on the waffle masks is so fun! And I agree, a nice light maple syrup scent would have been really nice with this one. 

@quspork  I really liked the Bite lip mask that had a Maple flavor and I guess I was just hoping it'd be similar to that ๐Ÿคทโ€ Oh well 

testing