Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

That's too bad about the mask, @itsfi. I've tried a different one from this line and don't remember a specific issue with lack of serum, but I do recall that mask not being particularly wowing either so... there's that ๐Ÿ˜‚ But YAY for gummy bears! 

@quspork, yes, a bit of a bummer but experiences with good masks have far outweighed those with bad ones. And, no bad reaction with this one. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Gummy bears all the way! ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi  Sooo cute!.. but so odd that it was that dry! It sounds like it would've been a pretty great mask otherwise! 

@Shosh85, definitely odd. ๐Ÿค”  Havenโ€™t had anything like that happen before this. I may pick up another of these if I run across it, to give it a fair shake. 

@itsfi  Itโ€™s too bad the mask wasnโ€™t moist enough. Maybe a defect? Love your review on the gummy bears!

@ather, I'm leaning towards it being a defect because there was so little serum in that mask and nothin' in the packet. I just haaad to get in that gummy bear review. Had to. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  I wonder if there was a tiny hole in the package 

@ather, I hadnโ€™t thought of that.  I didnโ€™t notice any serum on the masks that this one was sandwiched between but itโ€™s a possibility. ๐Ÿค” 

This is off theme, but I just really wanted to try this one ๐Ÿ˜‰

57089AA6-22A0-488E-83E0-920F78354454.jpeg

Spoiler

OTZI Dough Therapy Pore Treatment Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL 

This white-colored, clay mask has a very interesting texture- sort of like a cross between dough and jelly. It is firm but also bouncy/jiggly at the same time. If you press your finger on top of it, it doesn't even make a dent, it just bounces back to its original form.

The scent is a little hard for me to explain - it was kind of a fresh scent that was maybe like a mix of clay and cornstarch? It was light enough that I could barely smell it while it was on my face.

I scooped a small chunk of it out, pressed it against my face and just smeared it all over. It smoothed down very nicely.

The directions say to leave it on for 5 minutes, but I left it on for more like 8. It didn't take long for it to dry - it was soft and flexible and not uncomfortable at all. Removal was easy and kind of turned into a milky consistency when I rinsed with warm water.

My face looked a little brighter and less dull, felt super soft and smooth and even had a bit of a glow. My skin did feel a touch dry, but for me that's to be expected with any kind of clay mask.

I've never used anything like this before, and I have to say, I really love it! It did everything it said it'd do! I can see this jar lasting a long time, but I'll definitely be repurchasing when I'm out!

163A77DF-6CD4-4CAE-B57B-385E1BB25D43.jpeg

76384EE8-EFBF-43D5-8CAA-B842A4C05CA1.jpeg

@Shosh85 this sounds so intriguing. It looks like this includes Jobโ€™s tears, the seed and shell extract as well as the seed water, very interesting indeed! *into cart*

@eshoe  Hmmm, I didn't even notice that. I'm pretty happy I picked it up! It's a fun and unique mask! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 the name sounds really interesting!! Thanks for sharing!! Glad you love it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks @lmaster!! The name is what first got my attention ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 @That sounds so interesting - thank you for sharing !!

@Kim888  I love the uniqueness of it! It's one of the impulse buys I don't regret ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85  Iโ€™m happy it worked out for you. Iโ€™ve been growing to love clay masks more lately. 

@ather  It was wonderful! It wasn't like a typical clay mask, and I think that, with the great results is why I loved it so much! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That sounds like a really interesting mask, @Shosh85. That texture seems like it'd be fun to use, plus the results sound great!

@quspork  The unique texture and great results definitely surprised me! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

A bouncy / jiggly clay mask @Shosh85?!! That alone has piqued my curiosity! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿค” Those are some mighty nice results too! Did you happen to notice any detoxing / clarifying / unclogging pores action from the clay? 

Ummm, youโ€™re so on theme - X for Xanthan Gum! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi  The texture was nothing like I've ever experienced before! I love it! It has definitely made it into my list of top favorites!

Fortunately, my pores have always been in pretty good shape - but it did make my skin did look noticeably smoother. My face felt clean, but not stripped.

Oh, yes, Xanthan Gum. I always forget about that one ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Reply
testing