Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Oh that Bite Maple is so good, @Shosh85 - it also reminds me of brown sugar, yum!

@Shosh85, waffle masks are great! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ As are waffles. ๐Ÿง‡๐Ÿ˜‚ I donโ€™t understand why they went with a rose scent? Even if they couldnโ€™t go with a maple scent, why rose? Looking at the inci list, there were other good options too; like pineapple! ๐Ÿ 

@itsfi  It didn't even smell specifically like rose to me - I actually don't mind a fresh rose kind of scent, but this just smelled like a mix of floral. Seriously, why? I wouldn't have minded pineapple, but of course it just had to be floral! Good thing the results made up for it ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿง‡

@Shosh85, the one good thing about it not smelling like maple or maple syrup is that I'm less inclined to want to eat a waffle. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It sounds like the results of all the masks in this collection that you've used have been excellent! That's fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Besides this one I've only used the Honey one so far - but I've heard good things about the others! 

@Shosh85 @Yum that packaging looks delicious ! Too bad it did not have the waffle scent, but the texture sounds like it was nice !

@Kim888  It was a really great mask, with great results, so I can't complain too much! I think because the Honey one smelled like honey, I got my hopes up that this would smell like maple ๐Ÿ 

W is for white flowers

W - white flowers.jpg

Like the other sheet masks from this line, the Etude House 0.2 mm Air Therapy Sheet Mask White Flowers is a very light, ultra soft, super thin cotton mask. Despite its delicate feel, this mask holds quite a bit of the floral-scented, viscous, almost goopy, ampoule essence.  In fact, I'd say it was dripping in it when I removed the sheet from the packet. The floral scent from this mask comes from a blend of Damask rose oil and extracts of chamomile, lotus flower, edelweiss, freesia, and cabbage rose. White florals tend to have a heavier, sometimes heady scent, but that was not the case here. The scent, while discernible, was light, not overpoweringbut if floral scents are not your thing (ahem, @Shosh85), you might want to pass on this one. 

This particular sheet mask aims to brighten and moisturize skin. My complexion has a dewy glow to it, but it's not necessarily that much brighter than what can be expected with most sheet masks. As for its moisturizing claim, it did pretty well. Because of the viscosity of the ampoule essence, there's a noticeable tack that remains after removing the mask and pressing / patting the ampoule essence into the skin. Alcohol is high up on the inci list here (fifth listed ingredient @lmaster), but even so, my skin did not feel dry or tight. Once the ampoule essence is fully absorbed, my skin feels well nourished, moisturized. The ampoule essence masks within this line are great - of the various types of essences in this collection, I feel like the ampoule essence masks work best with my skin in the transition months, late-spring to early summer and the fall months when my skin leans more dehydrated-combo. These ampoule essence masks are definitely ones I would happily use again.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from masksheets:
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Niacinamide, Alcohol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed oil, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Beta-Glucan, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum Extract, Freesia Refracta Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sucrose Palmitate, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Arginine, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citronellol, Linalool, Geraniol, Eugenol, Farnesol, Citral

This is a really lovely image, @itsfi. I am with @quspork, the entire set is a must, what a fantastic line!  

@eshoe, thank you! Love flowers! ๐Ÿ’ They definitely brighten up a desk!  This Etude House line is just fabulous all around! โ™ฅ๏ธ So many great โ€œflavorsโ€. @quspork 

Love this line, @itsfi! You've reminded me that I want to pick up the whole line and really do a good comparison of all the masks. I have tried all of them before, but it's been AGES for some of them and even then, I used them haphazardly. So, it'd be great to do a more concentrated trial and compare/contrast all the masks. 

@quspork, Iโ€™ve been finding that I really have such a love for sheet masks from what Iโ€™ll fondly call old school Kbeauty brands, like Etude House and this line in particular. Donโ€™t get me wrong, I have many a fave sheet mask from newer brands as well but thereโ€™s something about the brands that have been around for awhile and that were among the first sheet masks I used that really make my skin happy! โ™ฅ๏ธ 

If you do a compare / contrast with all the masks in this line, I would love to know your thoughts! If you choose to do it, Iโ€™d actually be interested in joining you in that experiment! ๐Ÿงช๐Ÿงซ๐Ÿ”ฌ 

Oh nice! @itsfi I'm not as scared to use masks or products with alcohol like I was before, as long as it's not on a daily or weekly basis and my skin is nicely hydrated ๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster, you might like this one. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ I love the material in the EH 0.2mm mask line; it feels so comfortable and the masks are very reasonably priced. โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Yep, there's a few masks in this line I've purposely avoided because of the possibility of a floral scent... but this one does sound really nice!  I love a good ampoule essence too ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85, smart to avoid them. I havenโ€™t tried all of the sheet masks in this line but from what I have tried, it seems like theyโ€™re all good and it will largely come down to preference for type of essence, scent, and main ingredient. 

This masking session was inspired by @itsfi @Shosh85  Thanks!!!!

Trying to fit this with the present week's theme. We'll go with W for "What the ?!?!?!"

23 Years Old Seaweed Silky Mask, a mask with no mouth hole. This was my first experience with this variety of mask. It was slightly cooling at first, but then it started to become a bit itchy towards the end of the experience. It was kind of like wearing a slimy COVID face mask and was quite claustrophobic. Will I repurchase? No.

1.jpg2.jpgTerrifying!!!Terrifying!!!The mask reminds me of this.The mask reminds me of this.

@PrettyPaint I laughed (good thing I wasn't eating!) out loud at this comparison! It's perfect for such a terrifying mask.

834189c83e7e11722223e80a47115759

HA! It's too bad about this one, @PrettyPaint, but I can't definitely see what you're saying about the lack of a mouth hole getting a touch claustrophobic! 

@quspork  I am pretty claustrophobic naturally, so this mask was not the best fit for me. But at least it was an experience. 

@PrettyPaint @lol at that picture! The mouthless

masks are always so weird! It seems like a good idea at first but then you canโ€™t help but end up tasting the mask 

testing