Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85, Iโ€™m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on those two masks as well. The Super Aqua Ultra Hyaluron mask sounds like it will be beautifully hydrating and   it will be interesting to hear how the Time Revolution one performs. It seems like it might be like the sheet mask version of their popular Time Revolution ampoule.

The purple skincare line I mentioned is less mainstream than the Time Revolution line. This is the oil thatโ€™s part of the purple skincare line I was referring to; I feel like Iโ€™ve seen (granted it would have been maybe 3+ years ago now), a sheet mask from this line that resembles the mask in the pretty red packaging but the packet was purple and gold. 

A0355EFF-6779-44F9-93FA-801D4F8412EA.jpeg

Photo from stylevana

Busy night for me last night.  Nothing stood out. The chin mask has itty bitty little loop holes for your ears, they hurt my mom too much.

masks.jpgChin Mask.jpgTony Moly Cat eye.jpgItty bitty loop holes.jpg

@Samtian  Wow busy night. But looks pretty perfect if you ask me!

There's something about those chin masks that are cool though @Samtian but not if they are uncomfortable ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

That cat mask looks comfy, @Samtian - much unlike the chin one. Those kind hurt me, too.

@Samtian  Yikes - I've always been afraid to try those kind with the ear loops. I'm afraid it will mess up my helix piercings.

@Samtian  Sorry to hear these were all unimpressive! I've heard about the ear loops on those chin masks being uncomfortable- did they hurt your ears too?

I love the cat eye mask selfie - you look fabulous! ๐Ÿฑ

@Shosh85 Thank you! These didn't hurt mine, but my mom has really big ears. It did pull though.

@Samtian, that cat eye mask looks cool! ๐Ÿ˜Ž  How did your fur babies like that mask on you?

Ack, so sorry those ear loops were so painful for your mom. Did she happen to also try the cat eye mask? 

@itsfi They ignore me lol. No she didn't have a cat mask.

Too bad nothing really stood out, @Samtian but at least you've got your cat-eyed superhero look down! 

@quspork Thank you!!!

The last "mood" masks from last week were centered around coffee. โ˜• I don't think coffee is actually a mood, but I'm pretty sure it's a mood maker! And a good one at that! ๐Ÿ˜

W - mood = coffee (mood maker).jpg

Wash Off Mask:
Spoiler
I knew we were off to a good start when I opened The Body Shop Nicaraguan Coffee Intense Awakening Mask. It smells amazing - chocolate comes to mind initially and then the coffee comes through. It's a chocolate brown hue with a consistency that reminds me of chocolate syrup. See how it's all going really well so far?! 

The mask glides on smoothly and warms up during the 5 minutes I have on the mask. Instructions recommend 5 - 10 minutes but I tend to go for a shorter wear time with masks that warm up. Rinse off involves massaging the mask in circular motions with dampened finger pads which gives me some more exfoliation with the mask and then using a lukewarm washcloth to remove the rest. My skin feels refreshed and hydrated, and looks awake, clear, and more plump. This one's a keeper and will be a good mask to start off the mornings a couple of times per week.
Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
The Creme Shop Caffe Mocha Fusion Sheet Mask is no stranger to this thread. Fit of TCS masks are not ideal for my face shape, especially the material between the eyes, which is very large. That's not really a deal breaker for me; it's more about the mask's performance and results, and this one does well on both counts, leaving my skin hydrated with a lit-from-within glow after 30 minutes of wear. It also smells yummy - a mix of chocolate and coffee. I'd be fine if the coffee scent were a bit more prominent, but overall, it's a nice cafe mocha scent
Lip Care
Spoiler
The packaging of the Olio E Osso Coffee Lip Scrub makes it easy to glide on and use. The scrubbies are gentle and made of ground coffee beans and olive stones. It smells deliciously of coffee, too! โ˜•  This was also part of my monthly favorites for last month. The size, shape and design of this one really makes it easy to port around too which makes it a good reminder to exfoliate my lips. Tagging @missjeanie Who are we kidding though, the coffee scent plays a big role in it being a love for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Great theme @PrettyPaint๐Ÿ˜Š

@itsfi  You had me at coffee ๐Ÿ˜

Right @ather?!!! ๐Ÿ˜ Every time anyone here posts about a coffee mask, one of my first thoughts is "I wonder how many coffee sheet masks there are out there????!!" ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ The smell of fresh ground coffee beans is just the best thing! 

@itsfi  The smell of coffee actually makes me happy!

This is my kind of masking sesh!!! @itsfi the lip scrub looks so cool too

@lmaster, a good cup of coffee and some good coffee masks makes for some fantastic self care! โ™ฅ๏ธ 

@itsfi yum and an immediate 'add to list' for that wash-off mask! The mug is very cute and something I would say is a daily mood โค๏ธ

@eshoe, yeah, that mug sums up the perfect weekend. A perfect pairing! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  Coffee is a mood in my world! ๐Ÿ™‚ โ˜•

I've tried that TCS mask and like it, and I'll keep an eye out for that Body Shop mask. It looks so nice! 

testing