Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Oh how cute!! @itsfi filler masks still get the job done πŸ˜‰

Yes they do @lmaster! And this one did it with style and a fabulous fruity scent! πŸ˜ƒ

@itsfi  Mmm, I love asian pears!! πŸ˜‹

This mask and it's packaging sure are super cute!!! Those results sound wonderful too! Definitely a winner - and one I'll have to track down sometime! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, me too. Crispy, juicy, refreshing! Asian pears are delish! πŸ˜‹ I was happy with the results and the scent!! The design is an added bonus! πŸ‘πŸΌ I’ve spotted the mask online at oo35mm - I’ve ordered from them before and it’s been great! πŸ›’ 

@itsfi a quick scroll-by and this looked like a box of Crayola crayons! It is cute, inside and out. Once I started reading your review, I thought, mmm-hmm, yes, yes, like that, yes - and then:

"I could see myself seeking out another of this mask, or one of the other masks in the limited edition Funassyi Pear set."

Why is everything that is really good, magically LE? πŸ˜„

@eshoe, how great would it be if there was a pear-scented crayon?!! 😍 Yeah, LE masks ... discontinued masks ... hard to source masks ... a masker’s struggle is real! πŸ˜† 

Ooooh yes, @itsfi - how is it possible this is not yet a thing? There are scented markers, and pens...why not crayons? Besides masking, the struggle to keep stationary under control is a struggle, tooπŸ˜‰

@eshoe @itsfi  Ummm, you guys, scented crayons do exist! Both Crayola and Mr. Sketch make them. Though, I don't think there's a pear-scented one. 

066A8E0F-6F67-40AA-9A93-FB746181A6A8.jpeg

You would know, @Shosh85! I had those twistables in the car at one time and they drove me bananas. The lead always fell out and chaos ensued. I thought they would be great car companions but they turned out to be more of a pain. They weren’t scented though-these sound so much better!

@eshoe  Haha! Yeah, they are kind of a pain! My boys like to purposely pull them out! πŸ˜‚ I sure love how that smell! I use to really love the Mr. Sketch markers when I was little, though there weren't as many scents as there are now!

Yep @Shosh85; knew about scented crayons but haven't found a pear one . . . yet. I didn't know that Crayola made scented crayons though, which, what rock have I been under for all this time?!!! πŸ˜‚ Long ago, I think I may have had a scented mini pen set with a light pear scent but alas, it's no longer with me. Now, I feel compelled to try to find a pear scented crayon. @eshoe 

ETA: both those sets seem like they could end up in my shopping cart . . . πŸ˜‚

@itsfi  I've bought both of them for my boys. I should write to both companies and request a pear-scented one πŸ˜‚πŸ

If you started a petition, I would sign it @Shosh85! πŸ˜‚ I'd love an Asian pear scented one but am down with any pear scent. This is now making me want to create a list of scents I'd like to see and find.

Hmmm a pear-patchouli-vanilla candle would be nice in the meantime, @itsfi @Shosh85 πŸ˜—

@eshoe Kiln&oak, a Canadian brand, has a candle with exactly those notes. @Shosh85 

Of course there is, @itsfi - and you happened to know about it, which is even better @Shosh85 πŸ˜‚

Lol @eshoe. I have this feeling that there are many struggles for at least a few of us. πŸ˜‚ 

Oh wow that mask has such fun packaging @itsfi @and pear scent sounds awesome! Sounds like I need to add this to my list ! 

@Kim888, I haven’t come across many Asian pear masks, or any pears really, so I was really excited to try this one out. Would love to hear your thoughts on it if you end up purchasing it. πŸ› 

@itsfi Oh my gosh, this is one of the cutest masks I've ever seen. And I'm so glad it smelled like pears too. I've never seen this brand around - where do you purchase it from? 

@PrettyPaint, I am sure I picked it up because of the packaging; super cute! 😊 I found this one in one of the local boutiques, but I’ve found it at the oo35mm online store. They’re based in NY and I’ve ordered from them before. Good customer service! πŸ‘πŸΌ