Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather  It was sooo good! Can't wait to buy more! 

@Shosh85  Iโ€™ll have to see if I can find it in Canada 

Love this one, @Shosh85! It's such a good spa-day, self-care mask. 

@quspork  Oh, yes, definitely! Happy to hear you love it too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒโค๏ธ

Beautiful packaging!! Great results,,, sounds great to me ๐Ÿ™Œ @Shosh85 

@lmaster  It was wonderful! Definitely repurchase-worthy! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@Shosh85 Missha seems to do no wrong when it comes to masks! You bring up a great observation on the stretchiness of the material. I always do a little happy dance inside when I open a packet to find the material is stretchy, it just forms so well to the face ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  Thickness doesn't really ever bother me, it's more the stiffness of it, but this one was certainly comfy ๐Ÿ˜‰ Missha does make some pretty nice masks! 

@Shosh85 @Wow that is lovely packaging! I agree with you, Iโ€™m not a big fan of super rose scented masks but sounds like the mask made up for it! 

@Kim888 The scent wasn't that bad, just not my most favorite- but the packaging and results definitely made up for it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Wow! That is some beautiful packaging! 

@PrettyPaint  It really is! I let it sit in my drawer for a long time because I wanted to admire the packaging for awhile ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85, this is such a good mask! The packaging is elegant and the mask itself performs well. ๐Ÿ˜ It's one of the Missha masks I like a lot! Another win from Missha! 

@itsfi  Yay! Glad to hear it's a winner for you too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, I liked the oil and serum from this Missha skincare line too. This one and there was a purple skincare line that was really good as well.  I feel like theyโ€™ve phased out some of the items in this line. Will have to follow up on that.

@itsfi  I have tried the eye cream form this line and also have two masks in my stash Im excited to try; Super Aqua Ultra Hyalron Biocellulose Mask, that has blue packaging and Time Revolution Night Repair Probiotic Ampoule Mask, that has purple packaging- I wonder if that's part of the purple skincare line you mentioned?

@Shosh85, Iโ€™m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on those two masks as well. The Super Aqua Ultra Hyaluron mask sounds like it will be beautifully hydrating and   it will be interesting to hear how the Time Revolution one performs. It seems like it might be like the sheet mask version of their popular Time Revolution ampoule.

The purple skincare line I mentioned is less mainstream than the Time Revolution line. This is the oil thatโ€™s part of the purple skincare line I was referring to; I feel like Iโ€™ve seen (granted it would have been maybe 3+ years ago now), a sheet mask from this line that resembles the mask in the pretty red packaging but the packet was purple and gold. 

A0355EFF-6779-44F9-93FA-801D4F8412EA.jpeg

Photo from stylevana

Busy night for me last night.  Nothing stood out. The chin mask has itty bitty little loop holes for your ears, they hurt my mom too much.

masks.jpgChin Mask.jpgTony Moly Cat eye.jpgItty bitty loop holes.jpg

@Samtian  Wow busy night. But looks pretty perfect if you ask me!

There's something about those chin masks that are cool though @Samtian but not if they are uncomfortable ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

That cat mask looks comfy, @Samtian - much unlike the chin one. Those kind hurt me, too.

testing