Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Kim888  Yup, I definitely got a mouthful. I already knew I didn't like lip masks (the patch kind), so this definitely wasn't any fun either. 

@PrettyPaint ๐Ÿ˜‚ I've not had the pleasure of trying a mouthless mask,,, thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜‰

@lmaster  Please share if you ever try one - it's quite the experience. 

@PrettyPaint  Oh my goodness, I love the Stormtrooper comparison! ๐Ÿ˜‚ These masks really are terrifying aren't they?! Props to you for trying it out! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

@Shosh85  I'm glad I got it over with. ๐Ÿ˜‚  I probably should have cut a mouth hole, but I figured I had better go for the full experience. 

@PrettyPaint, I'd go with the Stormtrooper mask. Hands down. No questions.

ETA: if you experienced some itching, I wonder if you might be allergic to the form of seaweed / algae used in the mask. 

@itsfi  It was not a relaxing or enjoyable experience! 

I know I have some type of sensitivity or allergy to some type of sea-related ingredient. This was enough itchiness to make me a bit nervous, though I don't think I'm going to have a severe reaction or anything. I used an eye cream several years back with some form of algae or marine type ingredient, and I broke out in severe hives and my eyes were swollen shut. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the product because I'm ridiculous. 

for White Fox lol. I liked this one a lot.

197306245_191724389396427_2226119849105580424_n.jpg192587252_1710472985811541_6499295799855622936_n.jpg

This looks adorable, @Samtian - sometimes it's good just to have a good mask ๐Ÿ™‚

@Samtian perfect summer mask for sure!

@lmaster Yes for sure!

@Samtian  This looks fantastic for a summer day!

@PrettyPaint Definitely!

@Samtian  What a cute lil' fox ๐ŸฆŠ Happy to hear you liked this one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Thank you!

@Samtian, I agree; this was a nice one! ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸฆŠ The cooling feel; the hydration! ๐Ÿ’– The illustration is also very cute! I picked one up online and received one as a gift from @lmaster. I'm going to try to hold off on using my last one of it until it gets really warm here. We'll see if I can hold out that long. 

@itsfi Haha good luck!!

Mask that best describes my mood this weekend (lazy egg) and W (for egg whites):

The Creme Shop Gudetama Tighter and Brighter. 
-Overall, I liked this mask. The fit wasn't wonderful, but it was quite refreshing and my skin felt nice and clean after wearing it. It smelled mostly like lemon to me, and I think this one is so cute. 

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

@PrettyPaint - love your little props; so fun!

@nuinui933  Thank you so very much!

@PrettyPaint I did this mask Saturday in your honor, too! I haven't posted it (yet). Love the little figurine, too. Glad to know someone else has been feeling the 'meh's' lately ๐Ÿ˜‰

testing