Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi ohh I love the laneige mask too!! Love the sound of hydration right about now ๐Ÿ˜†

Right @lmaster?!! I donโ€™t think my skin ever tires of hydrating masks. ๐Ÿ˜† Itโ€™s felt like a cooler, drier spring over here; donโ€™t know about for you. Hydrating, moisturizing, soothing - my skin needs it all! Toss in some dewy glowy skin while weโ€™re at it. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi Huh that cica mask sounds pretty cool!

@Samtian, it is! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I like that I can get both hyaluronic acid and centella asiatica in one product. The interactive โ€œchemistryโ€ part of it with pouring the solution onto the freeze dried hyaluronic acid ball is fun too! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi That sounds fun!

Gotta try to have a little fun with masking, right @Samtian? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Itโ€™s the closest Iโ€™ll come to being a chemist - thatโ€™s a good thing for everyone. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

So much masking @itsfi - the cica sleeping mask so so calming and hydrating for summer !

@Kim888, cica is such a great skincare ingredient, isn't it? Great for soothing and hydrating the skin! I think it just looks like a lot of masking since it's all in one post. It was one mask a day for Mon - Fri, with one day including the sleeping mask at night, which isn't that far off from my usual routine for the past couple of years for fall to most of spring. 

@itsfi  Ahhhh!!! I think I have that 23 years old mask. I am so glad I read this so I know about the no mouth hole. I've never experienced that before. Yikes. 

@PrettyPaint, get out your pair of mini scissors!!! You may be giving that sheet mask a bit of a face lift! ๐Ÿ˜‚ It's no joke how there's not an opening for the mouth. Not even a slit. ๐Ÿ˜ถ โฌ…๏ธ literally that!! 

Oh my, @Shosh85, there's an actual emoji for the 23 Years Old mask ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜ถ 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi @PrettyPaint  Right?! ๐Ÿ˜ถ It's perfect! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85  @itsfi   Haha that's hilarious. 

@Shosh85 @PrettyPaint, who knew the 23 Years Old mouthless mask was or would be so popular?!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ To have an emoji just for it! ๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‚ Well, it could be said that the maskers knew, right?! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi  What a fun variety of masks! Love all the W's!
 I've never seen that Wellage Kit either, but it definitely sounds like something I'd love - can't argue with those results!

Oh my goodness, the 23 Years Old mask brings back some memories! I got one in a subscription box before I ever got into masking. It was the first mask I ever tried and I had no idea it was something unique - I remember thinking, "how in the world can people do this on a daily basis?!" ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh my goodness @Shosh85, I wondered it if was you who first posted about the mouthless 23 Years Old masks! ๐Ÿค” I thought so but when I went to the OG mask thread, I got tired of going page by page and, well, I also kept getting distracted reading about masks folks were using then and their thoughts. Nostalgia. All I remember was reading in your post that it's designed to not have a mouth opening, because I think I saw a photo and thought "oh my word, she got a defective mask. It's smothered her entire face!!" I thought they just forgot to cut out a hole for the mouth. 

There are some 23 Years Old masks that are more like traditional sheet masks, right?! Or maybe one? I feel like there's at least one mask the brand puts out that has an opening for the mouth. Or, maybe that's the defective one as far as their brand goes. Hahaha!

The Wellage Kit (the cica version) is one I think I will incorporate into my skincare routine when it really warms up here, which will be more like fall for everyone else. I tend to do less daily masking in the summertime and use more essences then and I can see my skin liking this Wellage cica as a substitute for the essence step. We shall see. I say this now. The weather and my skin have acted out much differently since the whole stay at home so it may just be better to play it by ear. lol. Besides, that's a good 4 or 5 months away - I can get distracted by so many other sheet masks or skincare products between now and then. 

@itsfi Im not positive how many there are, but I do know there's more than one mask from this brand that do have mouth holes. 

Ready for this?๐Ÿ˜…

This was the first time I wore it: ๐Ÿ˜ถ

Spoiler
IMG_3434.JPG

โ€ƒ

...and this was the second time - I wanted to demonstrate how long it was: ๐Ÿ˜‚

Spoiler

IMG_3433.jpg

โ€ƒ

Hahaha! ๐Ÿคช Loooove!!! These are a trip down masking memory lane @Shosh85! Awww!! Nice job readying us for the big reveals! 

I think this mask will be my backup Halloween costume. Or at least one of the strongest contenders; Charlotte Tilbury Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask is also in the running. One of those masks and my hoodie sweatshirt ... scary just thinking about it. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ The 23 Years Old mask is more moisturizing so it has a slight lead. 

@itsfi  Haha! I've thought about answering the door to the trick-or-treaters with it on, but I think I'd probably give them some serious nightmares ๐Ÿ˜‚ The CT would be a great one! 

I have a unicorn mask and I think that pretty much describes my personality lol.

@Hyramlover  Fun! Unicorn masks are the best! ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Hyramlover, yay for unicorn masks!!! ๐Ÿฆ„ My favorite unicorn mask is The Crรจme Shopยฎ Clear Up Skin! Unicorn Face Mask with Clarifying Strawberry Milk - the illustration on the mask is adorable and my skin looks and feel softer, more smooth, clear and bright! 

4 Replies
testing