Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 I guess the hint of grape makes it less appealing to me. Reminds me so much of childrenโ€™s pain medication! That being said, saying it is my least favorite of them all is a bit like saying milk chocolate is my least favorite of different types of chocolate. They are all good and i would have to be pretty hard-pressed to pass some up๐Ÿ˜‚

My favorite? I think the Ice Cream. Or the ๐Ÿฏ 

@eshoe  Haha! I love your milk chocolate analogy! .... you make an excellent point! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

The honey one was sooo good! - can't wait to try the ice cream one! ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฆ

Ha now I am making sure to add it to my July Buy list @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜‰ The vanilla ๐Ÿฆ was so yummy!

I went with an eye and nose mask last night. The SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Cucumber and SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Charcoal Nose Strip 1 Mask The eye mask says 5 minutes but I left it for 10 and it started to burn oops. The Nose mask took a lot of stuff out but left tacky residue behind.

186561558_1373028393060575_8754631332079863776_n.jpg

Yikes!! No burning eyes ๐Ÿ˜ฃ @Samtian I don't understand why there is any ingredients that would be for your under eye and burn .. no thank you

@lmaster Thanks! I'm weird and react to weird things lol.

@Samtian, Iโ€™m so impressed that you got the Sephora charcoal nose strips to work for you, even if thereโ€™s some residual tackiness. Biore strips seem to be the only ones that work well for me. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Ack! Not cool that the under eye masks started to burn!! Thatโ€™s such a delicate area. Is your under-eye area doing okay now? 

@itsfi They were fine after a little while, thank you for asking! I thought the strip was pretty cool I wanted to take a macro photo haha.

Sorry the eye mask didnโ€™t work out for you @Samtian ! I have pretty sensitive eyes and the Peace Out Puffy Under-Eye Patches 6x pairs work well for me without burning! 

@Kim888 Glad you found something that works for you!

@Samtian the shape of the nose strip is great, I like how it extends further out and covers more area than the Biorรฉ strips do. Iโ€™m not a fan of the sticky residue, though. The eye masks started to burn, ouch! Thatโ€™s unfortunate, especially for use in such a delicate area. I like the shape of them, very generously-sized. I just used the SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Mask - Cucumber - Anti-Puffiness 1 Pair the other day and they are much smaller than the clean version. 

@eshoe Oh nice! Yeah the nose mask is nicely sized!

@Samtian  Love the multi-masking! Too bad about the burning though! I feel like the clean line isn't as good as the originals. 

@Shosh85 @Samtian, thatโ€™s been my general experience as well. Guess that means we should stock up on the old versions now while theyโ€™re still around, and on sale! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi @Samtian  I'm just hoping Sephora realizes how much everyone likes the originals and decide to keep 'em! ๐Ÿคž

U is for Ultru

F9E1FB42-8D7A-416A-85C8-AE35898D6357.jpeg

Spoiler

Ultru I'm Sorry For My Skin Jelly Mask ~ Pore Care

Material:

Thin cotton that looked like tencel to me

Serum:

Clear, medium thickness jelly with quite a bit extra leftover

Scent:

Sort of a leafy-floral kind of scent. It was light and not too noticeable while the mask was on.

Fit:

Just a little too long at the chin. It was super comfortable and had great adherence.

Wear Time:

45 minutes

Tack:

Light tack that lasted about an hour

Results:

Soft and smooth, moisturized, slightly plumped with a nice glow.

Repurchase?

The results were great and I think it'd make a nice primer. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it, but I'd pick it up at Marshall's/TJ Maxx again if they had it again.

4FE4B9DB-CA03-43D5-8413-0C4EC645E2A8.jpeg

False advertising alert!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Shosh85 I want to smell that chocolate ice cream cone ๐Ÿ˜‰

@lmaster  Haha! Right?! Me too! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฆ

@Shosh85, this mask is making me want ice cream! I think @missjeanie would agree. Adding that to tonightโ€™s dinner menu. ๐Ÿจ 

Iโ€™ve like the masks Iโ€™ve tried from this brand; good but not necessarily standout, though there was one that was ultra hydrating that I liked a lot! ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  Agreed - these aren't stand-out masks, but the jelly serum and fun packaging make them worth it! 
I'm not sure I've tried the ultra hydrating one, but so far my favorite has been the 

pH5.5 Brightening one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, made a note about the pH brightening version. ๐Ÿ˜Š

testing