Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe, I think you'd like the earthy scent on this one. It's not earthy in the herbaceous or medicinal sense that one might expect of a sheet mask. Likening it to plants or gardening is what my nose thinks of when I take in the scent on the masks from this range. 

@itsfi  Oh, this one sounds wonderful! I actually only bought the milky ones first, then after that I decided I may as well buy them all. Haha ๐Ÿ˜† 

Great job getting through your masks! I've been pretty slack about masking, so you've given me some motivation! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ahhh!!! ๐Ÿ’ก You're smart @Shosh85! I will take a cue from you and first go for the milky / creamy ones from new sheet masks lines. Adding to my notes. . . ๐Ÿ“”

@itsfi   Thanks for the recommendation.  Iโ€™ll have to take a look for this.  I WAS on a no buy but decided instead to have a mask culling the other night and gave more than 150 of my masks away.  Cleaning my moms home out has encouraged me to simplify and purge my own excess so my kids arenโ€™t left cleaning my hoard one day.  
Thereโ€™s now room to buy the more highly recommended items without wondering when Iโ€™ll ever get around to them. mini victory.  

@heartsmyface oh I so hear you on this. My Mom has been periodically shipping boxes of things to me that she thinks I might want/need while she works on thinning out her stuff, for that very reason. And yet, there  is still so, so much. I helped clean out my grandmaโ€™s home years ago and appreciated just how little she had held on to. You are wise to begin simplifying!

Hurrah for mini victories @heartsmyface

small victory dance.gif

A mask culling party?! You always have the best ideas, hearts! ๐Ÿค— I'm really aiming to not have a pile of masks like before but if I do, I'm going to throw a mask culling party! That sounds fabulous!! 

@itsfi I'm so glad you tagged me in this!  I don't know why but Innisfree has been a brand that I've never really gravitated towards, nothing big and flashy about it to grab my attention maybe?  My skin is so dry with allergy season (I can't help but wipe away around my eyes when they're watery) and wearing cloth masks whenever I'm in to work.  I'm totally one of the people who 'should' be on a mask no buy... but we're just gonna accept reality and call it a low buy.  

Big time congrats on getting through your stash.  I'm super impressed and motivated when I hear about everyone succeeding in working through masks! 

Awww, that's so kind of you to say @missjeanie! The sentiments are mutual. I'm super impressed with how committed you have been to working through your packs of 10. I ordered a few multi-packs this go round, one new 5 sheet mask pack and a 10-pack of a mask I really like. I'm contemplating a new system / approach to using my sheet masks. Once they all get here and I figure out an initial plan, I may need to pick your brain about how you stay focused. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your allergies - they wreak havoc on everything, especially the skin around the eyes. And then with mask wearing, ugh! Are you finding that steam eye masks or under eye gel masks help a little? 

lol... it's cute that you think I'm focused on my masks... I feel anything but!  @itsfi I'm so impressed with how you and several other have whittled down their stashes... I keep trying to tell myself that if I can remove the suitcase of masks (as funny as it is) It'll make the floor in my spare room much more tidy!  

I have tried using some eye gels for the allergy ridden peepers, but I find I'm in a bit of a cycle right now where each time I leave the house for the grand out of doors I end up trying to play recovery the next few days.  It's gonna be time to pull out the big guns and not worry about Milia for a bit I think. 

I've seen your empties posts @missjeanie; you're definitely committed to your downsizing your mask stash!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ   

You'll get through all the ones in your suitcase; baby steps.

Last nightโ€™s masking was truly Vivid and otherworldly ๐Ÿ‘พ

A7C71748-EF83-491C-8E0E-A924941B4BAF.jpeg

Spoiler

Scrolling through my mask album, I realized this re:p Bio Fresh Mask was hiding out somewhere. I was elated to find it, as it is indeed a gentle, soothing mask that feels like a hydrating/clay hybrid. It never tightens, but looks and feels like other clay masks Iโ€™ve tried. It is flecked with real herbs and is always a sensory treat. I donโ€™t notice a huge difference in my skin afterwards, but it is enjoyable to wear for 20-30 minutes.

The Pacifica Cosmic Beauty Dose found its way to me from the lovely @lmaster (thank you lovely lady ๐Ÿค—). Besides the mesmerizing holo packaging, the mask itself was printed with vivid purple leaves, with heart cut-outs for the eyes ๐Ÿ˜

eshoe_0-1622341531158.jpeg

The fit was unexpectedly good; Iโ€™ve used other masks from this brand which have been very ill-fitting. The scent, hmmm. I did a โ€˜what does this remind you of?โ€™ test with my family, as I thought it has an earthy creamsicle-like scent. My husband said it reminded him of Poison, which I could detect after he mentioned it. The serum was clear and watery, with a bit remaining to pat-pat onto my cheeks. After removing, I was happy  with the results. Too bad I used an oil serum which completely obliterated the balancing results๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Ingredients: (Turmeric, ginger and ginseng, yum!)

Spoiler
eshoe_1-1622341531161.jpeg824D7D77-0740-4584-97EA-7EA54AD8861E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

The last out-of-this world mask I used was the Lip Bubble Choosy Mask. This is the last of the package @heartsmyface sent me and it has always been fun to use. It is a milky white gel-serum that begins foaming slowly after application. One thing I appreciate about it is that it doesnโ€™t go crazy; it is a slow, gentle bubbling, that at first feels funny, and always makes me smile. Thank you for the๐Ÿ’— medicine, hearts!!!

eshoe_2-1622341531166.jpeg

eshoe_3-1622341531167.jpeg

@Aaliaa, thank you for this challenge. You are greatly missed and appreciated! You did so much to put this thread into action. I hope you are doing well and know that you helped spur my love for masking ๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe @I love bubble masks and how they tickle.  I find them slightly more appropriate for oilier skin but enjoy the novelty of them.  Iโ€™m running low on a lot of Japanese favorites.  Hopefully the borders open up by fall cause thereโ€™s an ever growing list.  

I would think by fall time things are pretty much back to normal, @heartsmyface. I canโ€™t imagine the length of your list by now! 

I love wash-off bubbling/foaming masks, so these were really such a treat๐Ÿ˜

The bubbling lip mask looks like so much fun @eshoe !  While I'm not a big pot lover the packaging and printed leaves on the Pacifica are so bright and shiny they make me smile! Glad the fit was a win too, it can be such a good feeling when a mask just fits and lays nicely. 

At first glance I thought you meant โ€˜pot loverโ€™ as in masks in pots, @missjeanie, ha! I totally get it, and I think it would be a fun mask to try whether or not you love it. For those who do, itโ€™s kind of a must ๐Ÿ˜‰

lol @eshoe I do love some masks in pots.... lol. I'm still trying to decide if CBD oil in beauty products is for my skin.  I've only tried out a few things so I'm still on the fence. 

@eshoe @Great masking! I love hybrid clay masks! They are so great for dry skin! 

Then you might like this re:p mask, @Kim888 - it is so very soothing!

@eshoe, looks like we were bubbling lip mask twinsies with last weekโ€™s masking. The bubbling ones are fun though I find lip scrubs more effective. 

Yea indeed, @itsfi! I share your sentiments, and it was just what was needed to bring a little smile to my masking eveningโ˜บ๏ธ 

@eshoe @Shosh85 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I thought she meant like something that makes you sick like poisoning ๐Ÿ˜† phew!!!!

1 Reply
testing