Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Morning Masking to get up and Glow, Glow, Glow!!πŸ’–

Letter of the Week:  P

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

It looks so cool though!! @itsfi I'm so interested in trying some form of it

@itsfi  

I've not seen or heard of this. Now I'm curious, what's it taste like?

@missy94612, it's not a common vegetable that you'd find in most grocery stores. If it's braised or used in stir fry, it has a slightly crunchy texture. I've heard it compared to that of celery, but I'm not seeing that entirely. It has a sorta starchy veggie quality to it that keeps me from saying it's really crunchy, like celery. If it's braised, it generally is more soft and takes on the flavor of the liquid or sauce in which it is being braised. @lmaster 

Very interesting!! @itsfi I'm so so curious about this 

@itsfi I can’t help but think in my head...

Spoiler
62868718-1F93-4823-B50E-C0700A32787D.gif

Skinfood? Innisfree? Skinfood? Innisfree?

Both sound like must tries. I found myself swayed back and forth throughout your review. Both serums are intriguing! 

@eshoe, Iron Chef America??!!! Looove that show! I wanted to be on it ... as a judge. πŸ˜† Both the serums on these sheet masks were good. My skin just craves the extra moisture. It’ll be interesting to see how the other serums in this Skinfood collection compare with each other. I have one more serum type from the Innisfree line to try. 

Ooooh that show was so good, @itsfi! The judges were always so interesting, too-I loved how they profiled them, and always felt a tad of envy. What a glorious gigπŸ˜‚

I wish Skinfood would bring that cranberry mask back. It was so good! Actually I would just be happy with about any fruity-gel mask they decide to make;)

@eshoe, is the Skinfood cranberry mask seasonal?

The judges on Iron Chef America were so accomplished. My profile would say β€œand she’s good at eating and ordering food.” Hahaha! πŸ˜‰ 

@itsfi I don’t believe it was seasonal;  noticed it on the shelves at TJ Maxx for a few months and then it wasn’t available anywhere. I wish I would have picked up another, it was just a refreshing, fruity gel mask. 

β€œshe’s good at eating and ordering food.” πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Well at least it is a fun thing to excel at!!!

@eshoe, hmmm... 🀨 Hopefully it’s something they put out seasonally. 🀞🏼 I only see one non-exfoliating gel mask on their site - it’s a new one, lavender. I forget, are you okay with lavender scents? Or as an ingredient in skincare?

Lavender is ok, @itsfi. It is one of those scents that you kind of have to be...prepared for. If I am ready for it, it can be lovely. But unprepared, it can seem overly botanical. Mood has so much to do with this one!

For anyone interested, Skinfood is having a sale on its masks this weekend, sheet masks and rinse off masks (including the yummy and fabulous strawberry scrub mask). Buy One, Get One free. With code MDAY21. Thru 11:59pm Pacific Time on Monday, May 31.

skinfood memorial day sale.JPG

@itsfi  I bought that whole line of Innisfree masks, so I'm glad that one came out the winner!

I'm curious what the Skinfood mask has to do with a sous vide.... I mean, is the serum made with a sous vide or something? πŸ€”

@Shosh85, excellent question! I looked it up on the site, and for each mask, the benefits from the star ingredient is "extracted from through the French sous vide method to preserve all the (skincare) goodness (from the star ingredient) under precise temperature and vacuum seal". It's the process they use to get the good stuff from the vegetable to include in the serum. 

@itsfi  Ahhh, that's kinda what I thought... pretty cool! πŸ˜ƒπŸ™Œ

@Shosh85, it is cool, isn't it?! πŸ˜Ž 

A loooong time ago, I went to a dinner where we were seated at the chef's table and had the opportunity to watch them work. I was mesmerized!!! They had a sous vide machine in the back corner and they had a bucket with all the food in the water bath. I have that visual in my mind with all the veggies from this line of Skinfood sheet masks. Hahaha! I have a few other sous vide masks but I don't think I'll get to them before the BOGO on Skinfood masks is over. So many sales!!! 

@itsfi  My husband and I bought a Sous Vide a while back, but have probably only used it a few times, mostly because we're lazy! Haha! I think putting it in bags and vacuum sealing it was too much for us πŸ˜….... the food turned out great though! 

Ooooh, a sous vide machine, @Shosh85?! Fuuuun! I completely understand the lazy part. I have so many cooking tools that I never use anymore. I'm sure at one point there was a good reason why I haaaad to have a flavor injector, so much so that I asked to be gifted it for Christmas one year. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ It ranks right up there with a number of other cooking items. πŸ™„

@itsfi  Right?! I looove kitchen gadgets. My husband has to physically pull me away when I start migrating toward the kitchen section at the store πŸ˜‚

Hahahaha! But you're just looking right, @Shosh85?!! Just looking. πŸ˜‚

@itsfi I'm glad that one won. The root next to it looks much better lol.

7 Replies