Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  Love it when masks are loaded with serum! Tack has never bothered me, in fact I kinda like it - it makes a good primer for makeup and helps other skincare products 'stick' better! Thanks again! ๐Ÿ˜˜

Awww you are so welcome, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿค—

Hey maskers! Here are some Memorial Day sales on masks that y'all may be interested in. ๐Ÿ˜ 

MasksheetsMemorial Day Sale - Masksheets.JPG

This ๐Ÿ‘‡ had me cracking up, but so perfect! Yes, try one sheet mask before picking up a box! Have they been listening to our conversations?! โฌ‡๏ธ Trying not to tag folks who are working through their stash or are on a mask no-buy.  @Shosh85 @lmaster @PrettyPaint @Kim888 @emaisgr8 @quspork @emaisgr8 @SAlyFitz @Samtian If I'm missing someone or if folks who are on a no-buy would like to be tagged in the future, let me know.

Masksheets single sheet mask.JPG

@itsfi

Are there any sheet masks you would thinks are worth picking up at one of these sales? There's just so many to choose from; I don't know where to begin.

@missy94612, masksheets has a pretty good selection and its set up is a little easier to navigate than yesstyle. I tend to really like the following brands for sheet masks: Mediheal, Leaders, Papa Recipe, Etude House. The new Innisfree ones are nice too.

For ingredients, I go for honey / royal jelly / propolis, aloe, snail, hyaluronic acid (may be listed as sodium hyaluronate), green tea, catctus for hydration. Ceramides, olive oil, honey, milk, or milky creamy serums for nourishment. Centella asiatica (cica), chamomile, aloe and calendula, allantoin for soothing. Pearl, niacinamide, licorice root for brightening.

A lot of it is trial and error to see what your skin likes and doesn't like, either as a single ingredient or in combination with things. I've found it also helps to identify a few of the maskers here who have a similar skin type to yours to see what masks they rate highly. 

I generally like to pick out my sheet masks but there can be so many to choose from, as you said. Signing up for a subscription box can be helpful to get a variety of masks to try until you get to a place where you have a better idea of what works for your skin or what types of material or ingredients you like. I did Facetory for a time and many others here have as well, including @eshoe. If I were to do it again, I would just say to pick a sub box that allows you pick a subscription period, as opposed to being locked in for a year - most have 3 and 6 month plans. You'll get a good amount and variety with just one box. And if I pass on a lesson learned, it's keep an eye on how many sheet masks you have - they can pile up pretty quickly. lol.

@itsfi  

Thank you! You're always so helpful and knowledgeable. I followed your recommendation and checked out the masksheets store. You were right - there's a good selection. I picked up a few of the ones on the list you and @Shosh85 made for me. I don't use sheet masks as often as the two of you, so I only picked up a handful, enough for a few nights of masking with the husband.

Yay @missy94612! I hope you and your husband like the masks. Picking up a few is a really great way to go about it. Sheet masks can pile up pretty quickly! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi ooh nice! Thank you!

@Samtian, youโ€™re very welcome. I love that thereโ€™s usually a sheet mask sale somewhere! ๐Ÿ˜ Though thatโ€™s probably also the reason my sheet mask collection grew so quickly in the past. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Weโ€™ll focus on โ€œin the pastโ€ with that last statement. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi hahah good idea!

Oh I'm sure I will!! @itsfi I have not had much time to look at all the options, I'll probably start checking them out on Friday ๐Ÿ˜‰

@lmaster, youโ€™ve had a very full May!  Lots of good events and treasured family memories! ๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™ve no doubt you will find some great masks to haul! ๐Ÿ› 

๐Ÿ™ˆThanks for the tag, @itsfi! Are you picking anything up from the sales? 

@quspork, I picked up a box of the Mediheal Proatin - for me, it's probably a 1-2 times per month mask in the summer and a once every 7-10 days mask the rest of the year. It's a good deal and I had some points / rewards that I was able to apply to make it an even better deal for the pack. Ha! I also restocked some skincare (e.g., sunblock, moisturizer, etc.) and picked up single sheets of a couple of other Mediheal sheet masks - I forgot which line I liked so I'll figure it out this time. ๐Ÿ˜† 

I have a cart at the other sites too but am waiting to pull the trigger on those. I have a feeling there may be more sales announcements from other sites that may come out later this week and there are also some other beauty and non-beauty related things I'm waiting to see if they go on sale this weekend. 

Thanks for the tag!! @itsfi ๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster, youโ€™re welcome. Will you be picking up any masks during the Memorial Day sales?

Sigh @itsfi. At least the next time sales are listed, I will be list in hand๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Come on, July 4th!!! 

Thank you for sharing these, the โ€˜try one before you buy 10โ€™ speaks to me, too.

@eshoe, lol! I think โ€œtry one before you buy 10โ€ will be my goal for mask hauls from now on. Though I may pick up 2, just to have a back up. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi  Haha. I got that email too and can totally relate. ๐Ÿ˜…   

You've been so good with using up your masks, though, that it sounds like you can treat yourself to some sales! 

@PrettyPaint, I started cackling when I saw that and kept thinking, which one(s) of us are they talking to?!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

I've held out for these Memorial Day weekend sales. Will try not to go too crazy! I want my lesson learned to stick. No more triple digit sheet mask stash. Let's see if I can keep to that. Eeek! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Are you planning any mask hauls this week? There are some great sales, including the ones below! โฌ‡๏ธ

@itsfi  I shouldn't, but I may...haha. I have a stash of masks to work through, but a lot of them are indeed masks that I don't really love. The Rael masks look pretty nice, though. If I get anything, I'll need to do some research to make sure they have far off expiration dates I think. 

testing