Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Hello, June! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅฅ๐ŸŒž We are nearly 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Rainbow ๐ŸŒˆ Week! Bring out the colorful masks in every hue - thank you to the vibrant @sonnydee for this weekโ€™s lively theme.

Letter of the Week:  Y

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  Wow, that tea mask sounds so wonderful. That's great that you are having less issues with pilling and that's interesting that it's possibly due to less exfoliation. I've been having major pilling (to the extent that foundation isn't working out so well). I was thinking that it was because I need to exfoliate more, but now I'm wondering whether the complete opposite may be true! 

@PrettyPaint I am so sorry to hear you have been dealing with the pilling problem too! Iโ€™ve been dealing with it for some time now, and it has only been in the past few months that I have been able to use the more finicky products ( Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g) without pilling. The biggest change I have made has been a less abrasive approach to my skincare routine. I have a few Dr. Barbara Sturm webinars to thank for that (thx for the heads up @SportyGirly125 !). 

Itโ€™s just skin changing with time and moving right along with it instead of fighting it๐Ÿ˜Š It took me a couple of years to discover that, so I am hoping your journey is much shorter!!

@eshoe I really appreciate the advice and I'm so glad I read this. It's been really frustrating and for some reason I assumed I needed to exfoliate more...whoops. I guess I'm making the problem worse. My skin has been behaving very oddly lately and I feel like I don't know what it needs! ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  What a great masking session! I'm so happy you're enjoying the Tea masks! I've tried 3 of them and so far the Hibiscus is my favorite! ๐Ÿ˜ƒI love that Mermaid mask too - definitely a special treat! ๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85  I love these two & three steppers, they are always good for some entertainment if nothing else๐Ÿ˜‚ I think the Green Tea was my favorite, but I still have the Chamomile so all bets are off!

You picked up the Mermaid Mask, yay! I really love that one, the scent is such a treat. One I could almost eat but Iโ€™m pretty sure it would be very gross if I tried๐Ÿ˜†

@eshoe, flowers and tea on their own make me happy so combining them sounds perfect to me. ๐ŸŒบ ๐Ÿต Thatโ€™s wonderful that this line has put out sheet masks that are loves for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The Innisfree balms are fabulous!! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Oh yes @itsfi, this line is like everything I love all rolled into one๐Ÿฅฐ I think I may need a coffee/caffeine one at some point, that would be fun! 

for too much serum lol. This Lapcos mask was drenched in serum, I tried to capture a photo showing it you should be able to see it on my neck. And it only got worse! My skin looked ok but this will still be a no. The caffeine mask helped a little but left some brown tinting behind.

Caf Mask.jpgCh Mask.jpgmakss.jpgshine.jpg

@Samtian I love your pictures but the effort to take a picture to show us the fault of the drippy serum is next level. And too bad about the eye mask leaving brown. Better masking next time!

@ShortErica Haha I try. 

@Samtian  I can tell just by the picture of you itโ€™s a hard pass!

@ather Oh yes lol.

@Samtian  Hmm, a brown tint with one and super drippy serum with the other sounds like a good time! ๐Ÿ˜†  I've gotten in the habit of squeezing the mask out a little as I pull it out of the package - and then I just add some back after, if needed. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ETA: just noticed after writing this that @lmaster pretty much said the same thing - great minds think alike! ๐Ÿ˜„

@Shosh85 Yep great minds think alike! 

Yes yes!! @Shosh85 @Samtian will too I'm sure, the more masking, it will come natural ๐Ÿ˜†

@Samtian  Haha, yes, I think I remember that one having a lot of excess serum. I especially do not enjoy a drippy mask when I'm feeling chilly. 

@PrettyPaint The mask being chilly doesn't help either lol.

Brown tinting on a eye mask.... hmmmm a look most of us are hoping the mask would fix not bolster.  Thanks for the heads up @Samtian 

@missjeanie Yep! Hopefully others have a better experience. 

@Samtian, love the theme tie in! ๐Ÿ˜† but so sorry to hear about it dripping everywhere. Iโ€™m all for having plenty of serum but not when it is running all over the place. 

@itsfi haha thank you. Same give me lots of serum left over if I like it lol.

1 Reply
Photos1,861
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg