Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Hahaha @Shosh85! I had a feeling the Swedish fishies would be a hit here. ๐Ÿ˜† Iโ€™m pleased all these masks worked out well, but it sure makes it hard to keep the โ€œto repurchaseโ€ list from getting too long. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thatโ€™s not a bad problem to have though. 

@Shosh85 @itsfi you know those swedish fish are guaranteed to be a hit here!! ๐Ÿคฃ Ahhhhh food and masking they just go together... Right?? ๐Ÿ˜†

Definitely @lmaster; you get me! ๐Ÿค— Food and masking; a winning pair! @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi  Wow! You did such a great job at the letter S!! Looks like you tried some great masks!!! Any peeling yet on the foot mask?

@ather, thank you. ๐Ÿ˜€ No peeling yet. I keep checking but nada. I bet it will start peeling when I'd really rather my feet not be peeling. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  The boards did not want me to heart this post. It took many tries! But you have been busy, busy with the masking. Everything in your Swedish session looks lovely, especially that Verso mask. You knew you'd be asked about the gummies ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep us updated on the foot mask. I don't really recognize that one. I still haven't found a foot mask that will legit peel off my skin (my feet apparently are impermeable to acids?), but hopefully this one will eventually start working for you.

Hahaha! I think I'd be concerned if someone here didn't wonder about the gummies @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜† Like, what's going on with my peeps?! ๐Ÿ˜‚ They are good; if it's possible, it tastes 'healthier' than most gummies. Or, maybe it's just me. Don't take my word for it; everyone should try for themselves. ๐Ÿ˜†

Swedish fish.jpg

Awww @PrettyPaint, you kept trying!! ๐Ÿค— Thank you so much; that was very good of you! Must have something to do with migrating over posts / pics between the platforms?! It took a while and a few tries for me to get the post up, as well. This is probably an indicator that I should post closer in time to when I used these masks last week. ๐Ÿ˜† Maybe something to work on next week. Hahaha! 

I was cracking up when I read about the superpower strength of your feet to resist the effects of a peel. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Have you tried the Baby Foot Peel? That's been the one that's given me the best results, so far. And lemme tell you, it had better as it's a pretty penny! Lots of pennies actually at $25.๐Ÿคฃ Ulta now carries it so I've made a mental note to use my points to pick one up. I'll keep folks posted on progress but with my luck, they'll start to peel at the most inopportune time. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Baby Foot Peel.JPG

T for too much behind and itโ€™s Time to do something about it! This is actually from last week, for S week.  S for @Shosh85 who shared this Tea mask with meโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿซ–

08A6F885-D9CE-4758-A38D-B976F2414CF7.jpeg

Spoiler
I have been masking more regularly again, which my skin is thanking me for. Something I noticed today, in comparison to the past couple of years: I donโ€™t notice as much pilling anymore with moisturizers, primers, etc. I think after scaling back on exfoliating, enzymes and acids, my skin is responding by allowing more products to settle happily and at home on it. Yay for that!

So quick rundown, because most are re-re-runs. The innisfree My Lip Balm will be a repurchase, love the tinted matte finish and medium longevity. The Leahlani Mermaid Mask will also be a repurchase. My masking sidekick (thank you for the challenge, @Alphaboo!!!) took this photo for me to try and show its texture:7C973902-7085-43C2-8116-192CF9F7DB6B.jpeg

This smells soooo good, light, almost like Fruity Pebbles. And yes - Superfood! For the skin ๐Ÿ˜Œ

The derma roller is always fun to use as it causes sneeze fits when used on my forehead. But it feels so good on my skin and is supposed to help serums penetrate the skin barrier. I use with caution once every 1-2 months.

Finally-the Holika Holika Hibiscus Firming Mask for Dry Skin@Shosh85 knew I loved the Green Tea version, and made my little masking heart happy by sending this one to try! It sat of course, for way too long, for a special occasion. It is so hard to break out of that mentality-today is special! 

I removed the little tea bag and set it inside the mask packet, moving it around to let it โ€˜steepโ€™ in the serum. After a good massage, I removed it and applied to my face. It fit well, in addition to having a bright fuschia tie-dye sheet mask which was pretty cool!

I left it on around 25 minutes before removing. I did not notice a distinct floral scent. No major tackiness either, another plus for this one. I have one more to try from this line, a chamomile, but as of right now, would use every one in this line again, 10/10! 

@eshoe - that hibiscus mask sounds lovely.

It is a fun and enjoyable mask to use, @missy94612. Holika Holika has quite a few gems, this mask line is one of them for me๐Ÿฅฐ

Have you tried anything from the brand? I would love to hear if you have a yay or a nay!

@eshoe   

I just started using sheet masks somewhat regularly, I wouldn't say it was regularly, but before I just used the wash off ones. Have been learning so much about them from this thread.The tie in with tea caught my eye and hibiscus; the flower reminds me of Hawaii. ๐Ÿ˜

Hibiscus flowers are so pretty, @missy94612! The leaves are also delicious in tea ๐ŸŒบ 

This has been a great place to learn, I agree! Everyone has been so helpful along my own masking journey. Plus, Iโ€™ve discovered so many beloved masks that I never would have on my own!

That's very high praise ๐Ÿ™Œ @eshoe love love that line of masks, it's actually fun to steep 

@eshoe  Sounds like a perfect mask!! I also have that micro needling thing. What are your thoughts on it?

I would use it every day if my skin could take it and I had the time to spare @ather ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am very careful and donโ€™t apply too much pressure. I canโ€™t say that I notice a huge difference as I only use it sparingly, but it is something I will continue to use because it is just a treat and feels good. I really should pay more attention to how my serums/moisturizer absorb after use but I doubt that will happen!

@eshoe  Wow, that tea mask sounds so wonderful. That's great that you are having less issues with pilling and that's interesting that it's possibly due to less exfoliation. I've been having major pilling (to the extent that foundation isn't working out so well). I was thinking that it was because I need to exfoliate more, but now I'm wondering whether the complete opposite may be true! 

@PrettyPaint I am so sorry to hear you have been dealing with the pilling problem too! Iโ€™ve been dealing with it for some time now, and it has only been in the past few months that I have been able to use the more finicky products ( Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g) without pilling. The biggest change I have made has been a less abrasive approach to my skincare routine. I have a few Dr. Barbara Sturm webinars to thank for that (thx for the heads up @SportyGirly125 !). 

Itโ€™s just skin changing with time and moving right along with it instead of fighting it๐Ÿ˜Š It took me a couple of years to discover that, so I am hoping your journey is much shorter!!

@eshoe I really appreciate the advice and I'm so glad I read this. It's been really frustrating and for some reason I assumed I needed to exfoliate more...whoops. I guess I'm making the problem worse. My skin has been behaving very oddly lately and I feel like I don't know what it needs! ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  What a great masking session! I'm so happy you're enjoying the Tea masks! I've tried 3 of them and so far the Hibiscus is my favorite! ๐Ÿ˜ƒI love that Mermaid mask too - definitely a special treat! ๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85  I love these two & three steppers, they are always good for some entertainment if nothing else๐Ÿ˜‚ I think the Green Tea was my favorite, but I still have the Chamomile so all bets are off!

You picked up the Mermaid Mask, yay! I really love that one, the scent is such a treat. One I could almost eat but Iโ€™m pretty sure it would be very gross if I tried๐Ÿ˜†

14 Replies
testing