Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I hope it helps it โ€˜stickโ€™ @itsfi. I canโ€™t imagine the volume of pages and photos that have to make this transition! Hopefully everything smoothed out over time:)

@eshoe, it seems like we're getting there. Just hope we don't lose any posts or threads along the way, but I think with folks checking in, it should be fine.

@itsfi  I was on page 4 and it was from August 8 2020 I think the posts are still confused. 

lol @ather. If you were on August, then it's moving along. Initially I saw July, 2020, so it sounds like we're catching up. 

S is for single ingredient, and in this case, quince, an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial ingredient that helps skin heal and retain moisture. For some self-care, I paired the mask with a quince ginger green tea and a light and pleasantly scented Japanese quince candle.

Ingredient spotlight: QuinceIngredient spotlight: Quince

I was first introduced to the brand Dewytree by @sonnydee  (thank you!!) and have found their masks to fall anywhere between good and great, which is no small feat. They have a line of sheet masks, 4 total, made up of a single ingredient - cica, birch, hibiscus and this one, quince. If my memory is right, I think @quspork  may have used a mask from this line before, maybe even this quince one?

Spoiler
Material & EssenceDewytree Quince 100 Mask is a thin Eucalyptus sheet mask drenched (and dripping) in a clean, slightly viscous, runny essence that carries a light, sweet and slightly fruity scent that dissipates almost instantaneously, which is a shame as the scent was pleasantly refreshing. The mask, though thin, is not as soft as other Eucalyptus sheet masks I've tried; it's not what I would describe as rough or heavy, but I can definitely feel the material when I'm wearing it, which is not always the case. 

Fit & Adherence:  Fit, like most sheet masks, can be adjusted for a more tailored fit. Here, I made the usual incisions to the corners of the openings for the eyes and mouth, and cut off about 1" to 1-1/2" from the chin and jawline. Adherence was pretty good. 

Performance & Results:  I previously mentioned that the mask is dripping in essence - it dripped a lot when I pulled the mask out of the packet and there were more than a few occasions when I needed to wipe away the essence as it ran down my neck. Excessive drippiness aside, the mask felt refreshing while worn. It also felt like it was drying out much more rapidly than any other mask I've used. I'm not sure if that was due to the weather - it was a lot more warm than usual and slightly humid. I only had it on for maybe 10 minutes and when I removed the mask, there was the slightest bit of essence sitting atop my skin but that too, was fully absorbed very quickly, leaving my skin feeling lightly hydrated. 

Yes, I've tried both the Quince and Birch ones from this line, @itsfi and liked both for a boost of hydration. They do definitely come soaked in plenty of serum!

@quspork, my skin seems to always be on board for a boost of hydration! ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi  Oh, I forgot about these masks! The Quince sounds wonderful! I'd definitely love to try all of these, but especially the Cica one! Glad to hear you enjoyed this one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, the Cica and the birch ones caught my eye. ๐Ÿ˜ I donโ€™t see a lot of hibiscus ๐ŸŒบ sheet masks so that will be fun to try too!

Yay for being able to click on a photo, see the post and reply @itsfi ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

I have used the cica version of this and find it soothing for my skin but a bit ill-fitting. The chin wouldnโ€™t stay put, but that happens with a few masks ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

The candle sounds lovely!

Hahaha! It's the little things @eshoe! The migration and email notifications will sort themselves out - it's just funny how recent posts are finding themselves hidden between posts that are nearly 10 months old. The cica version sounds like it would be a nice one; actually, all the flavors in this line sound good! ๐Ÿ˜ 

Oh the scent on the candle is really nice. I don't know what quince fruit actually smells like but if the candle is true to the scent, I would buy quince in bulk. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi how cute is this!!! Can I ask how come the newest posts are not at the beginning of the thread??

Thank you @lmaster! ๐Ÿค— I think it has something to do with the migration to a new platform. I shared the issue with TeamBIC this morning and they have let the vendor know. It isnโ€™t just the masking thread; itโ€™s happening on other threads as well. ๐Ÿ˜” 

@itsfi that's what I was thinking, I hope they can get it fixed, thanks!!

Finally can post again yay!! My husband and I did the Sโ€ƒ for Sephora foot mask!! The last foot mask we did in my husbands words was to much work. Had to cut and paste to open and keep them closed. He said these are the best ones. They break open easy and were also easy to close. They were super comfortable on and my feet felt very moisturized after. I actually ordered another set of these!! 

DCBEFEB9-5420-43F3-9509-9992BBFF3ED6.jpeg

@ather  That's so awesome that you guys mask together, but even better you both enjoyed it! ๐Ÿฅฅ

Love that you and your husband did this together, @ather! I bought mine some foot masks for Fatherโ€™s Day one year and they generated zero interest ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

That's so sweet @ather couples that mask together... Lol ๐Ÿ˜‰

S is for Sorry for My Skin and Steambase

Spoiler
the CT Skin Goddess mask is a fave of mine. Just a great clay mask for those with dry skin. Scented heavily like baby powder

I tried out the Sorry for mu Skin Calendula mask. This mask had a fairly generic scent and was well saturated. Fit was better than average. My skin always loves Calendula products and this was no exception. My skin very super hydrated and calmed after I used it. There was no tacky feeling after use - I would definitely use again! 

I also tried out the Steambase eye mask from which I believe @eshoe sent. This was very interesting! Once on the little eye packets heated up kind of like one of the hot packets for your hands in the cold. But it was not too hot for the delicate eye area. It has ear pieces to secure it on but they were very comfortable and not right. The smell was a bit strong. Overall, these were super relaxing and I felt like my eyes looked less puffy after I used them! 

4821370A-6FDB-4A34-A09E-510E4E878DBF.jpeg

โ€ƒ

EAE8A26A-EBB5-4D08-B83D-29A6B3F038EA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888  Sounds like a great masking session! Love those eye masks, they're so relaxing! Glad you enjoyed everything! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Kim888 thank you for mentioning calendula, such a great ingredient and I forget to seek it out!

testing