Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@nuinui933  Hehe, yup - super cute! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint - what a cute sloth mask!

@missy94612  Super cute, and I quite like sloths! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint  Super cute!! Rose is a tricky scent too strong and itโ€™s overpowering but the right amount is nice!! For the most part Iโ€™m a fan of the creme shop masks! 

@ather  There are so many different types of creme shop masks that I can hardly keep up with them all !! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint  I agree. For the most part I find them a good filler mask. 

Ohhh @PrettyPaint, that sloth is so cute! ๐Ÿ˜ It's one of The Creme Shop's printed masks that most closely resembles the illustration on the packaging!  I think you're right - I do feel like the "adjustments" I have to make with TCS animated animal masks are not more minor, well, except for the length at chin, which as you said kinda just hangs. 

@itsfi  Yep yep - they definitely seem smaller all around than some of the others. There was really no helping the chin issue, though. As many times as I tried to adjust, it just wound up hanging. 

@PrettyPaint  I definitely feel like the Animated masks have a better fit than the typical Creme Shop mask. Glad to hear you enjoyed this one! I remember liking this one too. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  I am glad that all of the animated ones fit better, because I think I have some more to try in my stash (CVS was having a sale at some point...haha). 

S for Sodium Hyaluronate, Soybean Phytoplacenta Extract

Brand: Skindom

Moisturizing 5 step facial sheet mask

HiDee21_0-1620084993474.png

• The best thing that ever happened to my skin! I am in my early 30s and have very dry skin to the point my skin will look like the Atacama desert (basically, a dry desert). Soโ€ฆ I really need some moisturizing power that works!

• Scent: Barely/mildly any scent which does not bother me and I am particular about smell.

• It is a moisturizing and hydrating mask and A LOT more. It comes in pouch of 5 step total skin care (face wash, toner, facial sheet mask, essence, and moisturizer). Basically, imagine an at-home-facial but easy enough to do it your own on one of your self-care days. I try to use it once a week and that alone makes a huge difference. The order goes from thin to thick and each is numbered so it is easy to follow. Each component has a lot to last me 2-3 days, except you can only use the facial sheet mask only once, of course.

• This is my secret and holy grail when it comes to pampering my skin. Not only do I look better with makeup, my makeup lasts longer, and my skin is not dry!  My friends also mention my skin is glowing! And that makes my day! Iโ€™m a happy girl!

• I would repurchase againโ€ฆand again..and again.. it is an incredibly convenient, near-weightless way to carry the bulk of your skincare. Each little piece of the routine can be torn off, per the perforated lines, and kept separately, if needed. You don't have to use all of the steps (saving the mask for another night, etc.).

@HiDee21  Awesome you love this mask!!! 5 part is a huge commitment!!

@HiDee21 Ugh 5 steps!? Sounds really nice though.

@Samtian  Right lol it sounds super sweet but 5 steps ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hahaha @Samtian! I chuckled at your 5-steps comment. ๐Ÿ˜‚ But, it could/would be your entire skincare routine, well, at least for the evening routine. 

@HiDee21  Oh this one sounds amazing! I have dry desert skin too, so this is definitely one I need to look up! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@HiDee21  Wow, thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great product - especially if you can notice a difference from using just once a week. 

@HiDee21, this mask pack sounds phenomenal! ๐Ÿ˜ My skin is dehydrated year round and varies from dry to combo depending on the season, so an at home facial that imparts moisture and hydration sounds excellent! 

A couple of quick catch-ups from the weekend, the first one fitting into the letter of the week for last week, with another R for root vegetable; this time in the form of burdock, which until now, was something I was familiar with in certain Korean and Japanese dishes. When it comes to its skincare benefits, burdock is touted for its anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging properties (well, that sure sounds like an ingredient to include in a mask when we return to "A" as the letter of the week), and is said to be helpful in soothing acne and eczema. 

R - root veggie - burdock.jpg

tl; dr: A thin-leaning, clear, clean-and-fresh, earthy-and-plant-like scented, slightly viscous ampoule drenched biodegradable microfiber sheet mask that tingled for a few minutes without causing any irritation and that, after half an hour of wear, gives off an initial tacky-to-the-touch dewy glow that once fully absorbed, leaves skin soothed and, thanks to its five forms of hyaluronic acid, well hydrated. 

Spoiler
This new line of Innisfree sheet masks consists of three different types of essences - water, ampoule and cream. I picked up one of each and used the water one earlier this week. Yesterday, I reached for the Innisfree Jeju Root Energy Mask (Burdock), an ampoule drenched biodegradable microfiber sheet mask said to clear and soothe the skin. This mask, like all of the masks in the Innisfree Jeju Root Energy line, contains 5 different forms of hyaluronic acid and holds itself out as being vegan certified. Not only friendly to the environment, it's friendly on the wallet too, coming in at $2 per sheet (and you can probably find these mask for less than that during a sale).

Like the carrot mask, this burdock sheet mask was dripping with essence when I removed it from the packet. Also like its carrot counterpart, the dripping was a non-issue by the time I placed the mask on my face. Not sure how that happens, but I was pleased I did not have the essence running all over me. Also like the carrot mask, this had a clean, fresh, earthy and plant-like scent to it. I have a feeling that may be the signature scent for this Jeju Root Energy line of masks, which leads me to believe that it may be more from the added fragrance in this line (appears in the bottom half of the inci list) than from the extracts in the masks themselves. 

This burdock mask has an ampoule style essence, which was slightly more viscous than the water essence in the carrot sheet mask. That also made for a noticeable difference when I removed the mask after 30 minutes of wear. Whereas the watery essence of the carrot sheet mask absorbed into my skin almost immediately and with a few pats there and there, this burdock mask left my skin looking dewier than the carrot mask and the ampoule essence took a longer time to fully absorb. There was also a more noticeable tacky-to-the-touch feel to this mask - not in a bad or inconvenient sort of way, but just in that it was more prominent. Interestingly, I felt some mild tingling from this mask that I did not experience with the carrot mask; it was noticeable but went away after a few minutes and did not irritate my skin.

Adherence was good and fit could be made to work with what are my typical sheet mask adjustments - at the chin/jawline and to the corners of the openings for the eyes and mouth. I had used a nose strip a couple of days prior to this mask so hard to say whether this mask cleared up my pores, but my skin felt wonderfully hydrated and soothed - I have some acne spots that are healing and they seemed to look more faded in color.  Another good mask from Innisfree. I would be happy to use this one again and plan to try out the other ampoule essence masks from this line. 

Overall, I am liking the masks from this Innisfree Jeju Root Energy line. I have a cream essence mask from the line to use next and am looking forward to seeing how it compares to this burdock mask and the carrot mask from the collection. Stay tuned! 

Ingredients:

from Innisfree US site

Spoiler
WATER / AQUA / EAU, GLYCERIN, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERETH26, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYGLYCERYL-10 LAURATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, XANTHAN GUM, BETAINE, TREHALOSE, PANTHENOL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, ARGININE, CARBOMER, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, ALLANTOIN, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, *SODIUM HYALURONATE, GLYCERYL ACRYLATE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, PAEONIA SUFFRUTICOSA ROOT EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, DISODIUM EDTA, PVM/MA COPOLYMER, PROPANEDIOL, FRAGRANCE / PARFUM, DIETHYLHEXYL SODIUM SULFOSUCCINATE, *SODIUM HYALURONATE CROSSPOLYMER, ARCTIUM LAPPA ROOT EXTRACT, *HYDROLYZED GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS, BENZYL GLYCOL, *HYDROLYZED HYALURONIC ACID, *HYALURONIC ACID, RASPBERRY KETONE

@itsfi  Iโ€™ve actually never heard or seen this root vegetable before. This mask sounds amazing. 

@ather, it's not a common root vegetable in North America. I've had it before in Korean and Japanese dishes, but didn't really know much about it until I started delving more into various food matters during the shelter in place last year. Gotta find ways to occupy time, right?! ๐Ÿคฃ

I've been happy so far with the two masks from this new Innisfree line that I've tried. ๐Ÿ‘ Next up from this line will be a cream based serum sheet mask - my dry skin just perks up hearing that - "cream based". I am hopeful it'll be a good one for those of us dry / drier skin types. I'll keep you posted on that one. 

testing