Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe, The Creme Shop seems to be revamping its sheet mask collections, clearing out some entirely, while some lines are having some of their original fusion masks replaced with new ones, but their animated animals series seems to be growing, along with their collaboration masks.  

Iโ€™ve noticed that, @itsfi! When I ordered a holiday set last year, there were quite a few dupes in terms of title/name, but the dupes had new packaging. The Peppermint Cocoa Clarifying mask was one of them. I believe (but would need to double-check) removing denatured alcohol was one thing I noticed.

"removing denatured alcohol was one thing I noticed." @eshoe, if TCS is reformulating their masks with better ingredients, I'm good with them revamping their sheet mask lineup. ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi I have used most of them, and of course this one did not have DA, but thought I would share a comparison anyway:

Spoiler
59AF556F-B194-460A-90CA-996CC8C8576F.jpeg
28381DE2-1644-4EB6-8D63-0F9F023322A9.jpeg

Omg this fits the theme so well @itsfi - glad to hear it worked nicely as well!

@Kim888, TCS animated sheet masks are really hit and miss for me so I was happy this one was a hit! ๐Ÿธ 

They sure do nail it with the cuteness factor!! @itsfi 

Yes they do @lmaster. Most of TCS animated masks that Iโ€™ve used have been high on the cuteness factor! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi  Oh my goodness this is such a cute one!...... love the "r for ribbit" ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜† 

I was confused about the Tea Tree thing too, so I looked it up and found out they are referring to the "Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract" that's in it ๐Ÿ‘‡

Spoiler
F701739A-9954-4701-9B50-4C7B2C3F10D4.jpeg

@Shosh85, good info!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Thank you!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I thought that ingredient was green tea (thatโ€™s how Iโ€™ve seen green tea listed on a lot of green tea sheet masks) which just further confused me, but it sounds like it can be a generic term for tea and tea tree in general, maybe? 

@itsfi  Yeah, it's super confusing! There's just so many different meanings to things. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

That's adorbs, @itsfi!

It is, isnโ€™t it @CookieGirl1?!! ๐Ÿธ Even better that it does a nice job too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Itโ€™s not one I would go out of my way to repurchase, but itโ€™s one Iโ€™d be happy to use again. 

@itsfi How cute!!

Cute and not a bad mask either @Samtian! ๐Ÿธ Happy birthday to you! ๐Ÿฅณ Iโ€™d leave a bunch of avocaDO emojis for you but I know youโ€™re trying to keep your โ€œyuckycadoโ€ act going ... hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

A little fun for @Shosh85โ€˜s โ€œCute Maskโ€ challenge ๐Ÿ˜Š

1EC7D443-F4C9-4D4E-A279-BABEB1849A70.jpeg

Spoiler

The Trader Joeโ€™s Pineapple Papaya Enzyme Mask is a clear, pink gel with very fine granules. It reminds me of the Vichy Mineral Double Glow Peel. The scent initially was soft and somewhat fruity. It has been over a year now and when I opened it the other night, it had notes of fine apple cider vinegar๐Ÿ˜• I wish I would have used this one more often, it is gentle and did not irritate or over-exfoliate my skin.

This amusing Crรจme Shop Aggretsuko Rage Before Beauty Mask was a gift from my very lovely Secret Santa, @tjffc ๐Ÿฅฐ Besides the cute print, this violet mask has a sweet, herbaceous mixed with grape scent. I looked through the ingredients, but didnโ€™t see what that could besides fragrance, which was listed last. It does have sea buckthorn, licorice root, honey and jasmine. The serum was clear, a water gel, with enough extra in the packet for me to re-apply a small amount to my cheeks and forehead. The fit was typical, a little big on the sides but the eye openings were just right.

090ABAB0-35A3-4E47-9DEE-91742C4DFB3E.jpeg

I noticed what almost felt like slight tingling. It dissipated quickly, but could be more noticeable to those with sensitive skin. I left it on a good 30 or so minutes before it began to dry a bit. After removing, my skin felt cool and soothed, with minimal tackiness. The scent was so โ€˜catchyโ€™ that it made me want to try this one again! Thank you very much, ttjcf, you are still bringing my heart joy months later!

Ingredients:

Spoiler
4751D78F-F8FE-4727-A359-BF6F0F4844EA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

The Dior Lip Glow Oil Holo Pink was a little surprise from @SportyGirly125 (thank you so much!) and it is one of my favorite luxe lip treats when masking. It is long-lasting, and gives my lips plenty of nourishing ingredients like sweet cherry seed oil and undaria pinnatifida extract, or brown algae, which also happens to be edible. I suppose that is a very good thing for something worn on the lips:) 

Oh my gosh!! I've not seen this one before, super cute @eshoe 

It was, @lmaster, and smiles are always appreciated around here ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@eshoe  Oh my goodness, what a fun mask from The Creme Shop! Glad to hear it turned out great! ๐Ÿ˜€

The Trader Joe's mask sounds nice too, but it's too bad the scent changed on you - your initial description of it sounds wonderful ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The sheet mask was great fun, I plan to pick up more of these in the future. 

The last time I was at TJ's, I checked their personal care section and there was not much new. I am hoping for something in the fall - another mask like this but with berries would be fantastic!

@eshoe, the illustrations on this mask look so fun. ๐Ÿ˜„ I have this one and am intrigued by the scent combination - thatโ€™s not a blend I would expect but it sounds like a nice one. 

testing