Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Ohhhh nice to see a new mask that's worth trying more of!! @itsfi 

There are so many sheet mask brands out there @lmaster! πŸ˜ƒ It ensures our faces will

always have sheet masks! πŸ˜‚ 

P is for prickly pear (aka cactus) πŸŒ΅

P - prickly pear.jpg

Spoiler
Without being drippy or feeling weighed down, the soft, pliable cotton cupra of the SNP Jeju Cactus Mask πŸŒ΅ holds a lot of essence, which here, has a clear, lightweight, slightly viscous, light, fresh and somewhat herbal/plant scented consistency. The mask adheres beautifully and with a few incisions here and there, can yield a tailored fit. Results-wise, the mask lives up to its hydrating claims, leaving my skin feeling and looking refreshed, smooth and more plump. πŸ’š It also did a nice job of calming and reducing redness, making it a good fit any time of the day, including part of a morning skincare routine and in preparation for makeup application. Thank you @Shosh85  πŸ€— for sending this one my way; it's definitely repurchase-worthy. πŸ‘

The Chesapeake Bay Candle Cactus Pear Home Scent has a clean, fresh, fruity-ish scent that is refreshing and the throw is pretty good. The scent is a nice one in the kitchen and bedroom; the throw doesn't quite fill up a larger space, like the family or living room.

I picked up a subtle mix of tart and fruity flavors from the Tazo Prickly Pear Cactus Herbal Tea🍡 Not sure how folks feel about tartness in their teas; I didn't mind it at all, but it may not be for everyone. I do think this one might work well for an iced tea, maybe adding some honey infused ice cubes to it before serving. πŸ˜‹

The light tint from the Sonoran Rosie Prickly Pear Cactus Lip Balm is a hit with me. β™₯️ I've been keeping at my desk while working from home and this may be one of a few I keep at my work desk when it comes time to being there more regularly.

All of the prickly pear goodness in this photo is very appealing @itsfi! That mug is especially cute, what a clever design.

Thank you @eshoe. The mask was wonderful and it was fun to pull a few prickly pear items together to mask with. πŸŒ΅

@itsfi  Soo happy you liked the sheet mask! It's been awhile since I tried it and I lost my notes on it, so it's good to hear your thoughts! 

Also, that cactus mug is the best πŸ˜ƒπŸŒ΅

Thank you again for sending this one to me @Shosh85! I really am finding SNP to be a solid brand for sheet masks. Ones like this cactus mask definitely raise its profile. The mug is a lot of fun; I sometimes just set it on a table and use it to hold my lipbalms or lip glosses. Ha! πŸŒ΅

Yes for cactus!! @itsfi 

It’s got such good soothing and hydrating properties @lmaster; and rich in vitamins too! 🌡 

@itsfi Ooh I love Prickly Pear!! I'm going to have to look these ones up.

@Samtian, the only prickly pear things I remember having are these jelly candies and a prickly pear margarita, though I didn't have them at the same time. I may have had it in a salad once but I just don't remember for certain. After using this mask, I am interested in actually trying prickly pear. 🌡 Will have to look for them around here and also for a recipe that I can't mess up. πŸ˜‚

Oooh that mask sounds great @itsfi !!

It made for a very nice masking time @Kim888😁 I've been impressed with the SNP sheet masks that I've used so far. 

s-l640

I'm sad I couldn't smell this one haha. This is just a filler mask for me. Nothing negative, but no results either.

@Samtian well that is a bummer to miss out on the scent on this one. No irritation is something I often forget to note when a mask is otherwise blah. You are a masking hero for always looking for the positive!

Awwwww @Samtian darn!! Wish there was some great scent that came thru for you!

Aw, I'm sorry you missed out on the scent for this one, @Samtian. That was one of the perks for this mask for me. And I agree with you on it being mostly a filler mask. Nothing wrong with having a few of those around!

@Samtian  Awww, I'm so sorry you couldn't smell it. It's been a long time since I used this one, but I think I recall it being nice but not incredible. But I do think I enjoyed the scent.

@PrettyPaint Thank you! I'll have to see what my mom thinks when she tries hers.

@Samtian, agree, this one isn't bad, but it's not a standout, other than the super cute packaging. I find a lot of The Creme Shop masks to fall in the filler mask category. I do like the scent on this one though - I am so sorry you haven't gotten your sense of smell back yet. 

@itsfi Fillers are better than negative reactions lol so I'll take it.

1 Reply