Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85, I think I picked it up at an Asian beauty boutique pre-pandemic. I went onto that store's website but they don't have it on there. I did, however, look up the brand and they have an US site - type in o calm sheet mask into your search engine and it should pull up the site. They have 20% off for first time orders and I saw that there is a set with one each of all of the masks in the collection.

Ohhhh nice to see a new mask that's worth trying more of!! @itsfi 

There are so many sheet mask brands out there @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It ensures our faces will

always have sheet masks! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

P is for prickly pear (aka cactus) ๐ŸŒต

P - prickly pear.jpg

Spoiler
Without being drippy or feeling weighed down, the soft, pliable cotton cupra of the SNP Jeju Cactus Mask ๐ŸŒต holds a lot of essence, which here, has a clear, lightweight, slightly viscous, light, fresh and somewhat herbal/plant scented consistency. The mask adheres beautifully and with a few incisions here and there, can yield a tailored fit. Results-wise, the mask lives up to its hydrating claims, leaving my skin feeling and looking refreshed, smooth and more plump. ๐Ÿ’š It also did a nice job of calming and reducing redness, making it a good fit any time of the day, including part of a morning skincare routine and in preparation for makeup application. Thank you @Shosh85  ๐Ÿค— for sending this one my way; it's definitely repurchase-worthy. ๐Ÿ‘

The Chesapeake Bay Candle Cactus Pear Home Scent has a clean, fresh, fruity-ish scent that is refreshing and the throw is pretty good. The scent is a nice one in the kitchen and bedroom; the throw doesn't quite fill up a larger space, like the family or living room.

I picked up a subtle mix of tart and fruity flavors from the Tazo Prickly Pear Cactus Herbal Tea๐Ÿต Not sure how folks feel about tartness in their teas; I didn't mind it at all, but it may not be for everyone. I do think this one might work well for an iced tea, maybe adding some honey infused ice cubes to it before serving. ๐Ÿ˜‹

The light tint from the Sonoran Rosie Prickly Pear Cactus Lip Balm is a hit with me. โ™ฅ๏ธ I've been keeping at my desk while working from home and this may be one of a few I keep at my work desk when it comes time to being there more regularly.

All of the prickly pear goodness in this photo is very appealing @itsfi! That mug is especially cute, what a clever design.

Thank you @eshoe. The mask was wonderful and it was fun to pull a few prickly pear items together to mask with. ๐ŸŒต

@itsfi  Soo happy you liked the sheet mask! It's been awhile since I tried it and I lost my notes on it, so it's good to hear your thoughts! 

Also, that cactus mug is the best ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŒต

Thank you again for sending this one to me @Shosh85! I really am finding SNP to be a solid brand for sheet masks. Ones like this cactus mask definitely raise its profile. The mug is a lot of fun; I sometimes just set it on a table and use it to hold my lipbalms or lip glosses. Ha! ๐ŸŒต

Yes for cactus!! @itsfi 

Itโ€™s got such good soothing and hydrating properties @lmaster; and rich in vitamins too! ๐ŸŒต 

@itsfi Ooh I love Prickly Pear!! I'm going to have to look these ones up.

@Samtian, the only prickly pear things I remember having are these jelly candies and a prickly pear margarita, though I didn't have them at the same time. I may have had it in a salad once but I just don't remember for certain. After using this mask, I am interested in actually trying prickly pear. ๐ŸŒต Will have to look for them around here and also for a recipe that I can't mess up. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oooh that mask sounds great @itsfi !!

It made for a very nice masking time @Kim888๐Ÿ˜ I've been impressed with the SNP sheet masks that I've used so far. 

s-l640

I'm sad I couldn't smell this one haha. This is just a filler mask for me. Nothing negative, but no results either.

@Samtian well that is a bummer to miss out on the scent on this one. No irritation is something I often forget to note when a mask is otherwise blah. You are a masking hero for always looking for the positive!

Awwwww @Samtian darn!! Wish there was some great scent that came thru for you!

Aw, I'm sorry you missed out on the scent for this one, @Samtian. That was one of the perks for this mask for me. And I agree with you on it being mostly a filler mask. Nothing wrong with having a few of those around!

@Samtian  Awww, I'm so sorry you couldn't smell it. It's been a long time since I used this one, but I think I recall it being nice but not incredible. But I do think I enjoyed the scent.

@PrettyPaint Thank you! I'll have to see what my mom thinks when she tries hers.

@Samtian, agree, this one isn't bad, but it's not a standout, other than the super cute packaging. I find a lot of The Creme Shop masks to fall in the filler mask category. I do like the scent on this one though - I am so sorry you haven't gotten your sense of smell back yet. 

1 Reply
testing