Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you @eshoe. The mask was wonderful and it was fun to pull a few prickly pear items together to mask with. ๐ŸŒต

@itsfi  Soo happy you liked the sheet mask! It's been awhile since I tried it and I lost my notes on it, so it's good to hear your thoughts! 

Also, that cactus mug is the best ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŒต

Thank you again for sending this one to me @Shosh85! I really am finding SNP to be a solid brand for sheet masks. Ones like this cactus mask definitely raise its profile. The mug is a lot of fun; I sometimes just set it on a table and use it to hold my lipbalms or lip glosses. Ha! ๐ŸŒต

Yes for cactus!! @itsfi 

Itโ€™s got such good soothing and hydrating properties @lmaster; and rich in vitamins too! ๐ŸŒต 

@itsfi Ooh I love Prickly Pear!! I'm going to have to look these ones up.

@Samtian, the only prickly pear things I remember having are these jelly candies and a prickly pear margarita, though I didn't have them at the same time. I may have had it in a salad once but I just don't remember for certain. After using this mask, I am interested in actually trying prickly pear. ๐ŸŒต Will have to look for them around here and also for a recipe that I can't mess up. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oooh that mask sounds great @itsfi !!

It made for a very nice masking time @Kim888๐Ÿ˜ I've been impressed with the SNP sheet masks that I've used so far. 

s-l640

I'm sad I couldn't smell this one haha. This is just a filler mask for me. Nothing negative, but no results either.

@Samtian well that is a bummer to miss out on the scent on this one. No irritation is something I often forget to note when a mask is otherwise blah. You are a masking hero for always looking for the positive!

Awwwww @Samtian darn!! Wish there was some great scent that came thru for you!

Aw, I'm sorry you missed out on the scent for this one, @Samtian. That was one of the perks for this mask for me. And I agree with you on it being mostly a filler mask. Nothing wrong with having a few of those around!

@Samtian  Awww, I'm so sorry you couldn't smell it. It's been a long time since I used this one, but I think I recall it being nice but not incredible. But I do think I enjoyed the scent.

@PrettyPaint Thank you! I'll have to see what my mom thinks when she tries hers.

@Samtian, agree, this one isn't bad, but it's not a standout, other than the super cute packaging. I find a lot of The Creme Shop masks to fall in the filler mask category. I do like the scent on this one though - I am so sorry you haven't gotten your sense of smell back yet. 

@itsfi Fillers are better than negative reactions lol so I'll take it.

@Samtian  Yeah, this was in the "filler mask" category for me too. These masks are all super cute though! I may be the only one here who feels this way, but I didn't really love the scent on this one.
Sorry to hear you're still having sniffer issues! ๐Ÿ˜ข

@Shosh85 Good to know I might not have missed anything than!

From last week's P / targeted masking themes:

P - pore purifying peel peach.jpg

P is for peel, pore purifying, peach, and PrettyPaint

Peel:

Spoiler
AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel is one of my favorite water-activated enzyme peels / exfoliants. A very finely milled powder with a very faint, almost imperceptible scent, this gentle, physical-and-chemical exfoliator gives me soft, clean, smooth, brighter skin every time I reach for it, which happens about 3 times per week in the mornings once the weather starts to warm up. It's a spendy product, but a little goes a long way. I've used other enzyme powders, but this is one of the ones I keep coming back to. It's a product I would happily splurge on if I ever needed to, but so far, I haven't needed to pick up a full size - I've picked up several DS over the years as a promo gwp, through the Rewards Bazaar, or in a set often during a sale. 

Wash Off Mask / Targeted Masking: Maskne + Acne:

Spoiler
I wasn't so sure about the Innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask with Super Volcanic Clusters the first time I reached for the foil sample. Kbeauty products tend be a lot more gentle and less concentrated in their formulation (though still effective), which is one of the things I love about Kbeauty, but with pore purifying and acne fighting products, I sometimes like things with a little more oomph! My skepticism was misplaced and this Korean skincare beauty has proven to be gentle and effective at both unclogging pores along my jawline that I've been experiencing more frequently from wearing a mask, and at spot treating the pesky little (and sometimes not so little) pimples that are the most unwelcome guests ever.

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
@PrettyPaint used this 2-step mask last week, I think it was last week? Like prettypaint, I have no idea where I picked up this Dr. Glowderm TABRX Whitening Mask. That means it might have been part of a subscription box I had years ago, so PrettyPaint, I think you are right that it was from a Facetory box. 

Based on the mask's ingredient list, it seems to be geared towards brightening and hydrating the skin, while also providing "anti-aging" benefits. Thanks to prettypaint's recommendation, I applied a light layer of the dry oil first, then applied the sheet mask to help seal in the nourishment to be had from the oil. Adherence was good; fit was fine, could be made to work. 

Results-wise, my skin did feel hydrated and moisturized, with a fresh faced glow to it. This would make for a nice skin prep before makeup. An one-time use is not going to provide me any insight into its "anti-aging" claims, but, as far as the brightening and hydrating go, this mask does measure up. Also, like P, I would very much like to see the packaging redesigned to market it as a brightening mask or giving skin a dewy glow rather than whitening. 

Lip Care:

Spoiler
Ulta Beauty Peach Lip Balm - meh.
I'll give it another go, but I don't anticipate being wowed by it, so it'll be repurposed as a base for a DIY lip scrub, the new fate for all my lip balms that don't make the cut. 

AMOREPACIFIC Mini Treatment Enzyme Peel 0.7 oz/ 20 g 

innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL 

@itsfi  Oooh I just got a chance to read this. Thanks for tagging me. I was going through my stash and realized I had another one of these. I tried it with the oil capsule beforehand, and it definitely worked out better for me. I think the oil afterwards was just too much for my skin. That's awesome that the innisfree is effective.

testing