Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Another Peach mask and a Papa Recipe mask I was gifted from the lovely @eshoe ๐Ÿ˜Š

3CF9C5C0-4DB7-450B-963F-5EE26B66879C.jpeg

Spoiler

The Creme Shop Peach Infused Face Mask

Material:

Medium thickness cotton

Serum:

Jelly serum but not much of it in the pouch or on the mask

Scent:

Sort of a combo of peach and floral, but peach is what stood out the most. It was light and not too noticeable while the mask on

Fit:

Classic Creme Shop fit - too long at the forehead and chin, too wide at the temples and the space between the eyes was a little too wide.

The adherence wasn't great, which isn't surprising considering how dry it started.

Wear Time:

This thing would not stay on, and I had to constantly pat it down. I managed to keep it on for 15 minutes

Tack:

Very light, lasted about 10 minutes

Results:

Soft and lightly hydrated skin with a nice glow. The results were pretty decent considering the short wear time and adherence issues

Repurchase?

Since this one was close to expiring, I think I would repurchase, but mostly because I want to see if a fresher mask makes a difference.

F0AD832C-F85C-4047-87C2-24B2B9318B76.jpeg

EF12A616-0C41-4972-8879-A7D75DBE22B5.jpeg

Spoiler
 Papa Recipe Real Centella Gauze Mask Pack

Material:

Medium thickness gauze

Serum:

Milky

Scent:

Sort of fresh & clean and leafy

Fit:

Just a little long at the chin

Wear Time:
Half hour

Tack:

Very light, stuck around for about 5 minutes

Results:

Refreshed, a smidge brighter, soft and comfortably hydrated skin with a nice glow

Repurchase?

Yes, definitely! I love how comfy the gauze is and I am always a sucker for milky serum ๐Ÿ˜ƒI'm not sure there's been anything from this brand I haven't liked!

3D730BA8-67E1-4D8C-87A5-EB785DAB9677.jpeg

I'm curious about the jelly mask!! @Shosh85 I really need to try the papa recipe mask too!! @eshoe maybe I'm hoarding it ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  The Peach mask wasn't bad, I just think it could've been a lot better if it wasn't so dry.

I loved the Papa Recipe mask - it's definitely going on the top of my repurchase list! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I just used this one again tonight, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ™‚ So happy it worked alright for your skin. The more you use a mask, the more you think about how it could be tweaked...a thinner gauze might be a nice lift to the Papa, but otherwise, yay for a nice skin treat!

@eshoe  This is such a nice one! Thanks so much again for sending it over - I didn't even know this one existed, so I was super happy to be able to try it out! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Another Papa Recipe winner! So hard to go wrong with those, @Shosh85. It's too bad about the adherence issues with the Creme Shop one. Maybe a "newer" one would be better, though I feel like I've had similar issues with ones from that line before. 

@quspork  Papa Recipe really is such a solid brand - I haven't been let down yet! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The Creme Shop on the other hand is not such a solid brand, lol, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's just how this mask is supposed to be ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gauze and milky serum @Shosh85?!! Not much more you needed to say about the Papa Recipe mask. ๐Ÿ˜‚ This is definitely on the list. Papa Recipe really has some solid sheet masks, donโ€™t they?

@itsfi  There's not much I didn't like about this one! I haven't been let down by this brand yet! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

P is for Premium and also a random all de janerio review. 

Spoiler
I tried out the premium cliv mask. This was a thin mask with clear gel like serum. It had the generic mask scent. The fit was fairly good. I was not super impressed with the results of the mask. The serum didnโ€™t really absorb all the way so even an hour later by skin felt tacky/sticky. I would not reuse. 

I also used up my sol de janerio sample. Of course I canโ€™t really tell after a few uses whether it would give brighter smoother skin so as more of a general review the scent is much more subtle than the original bum bum cream when used. Itโ€™s a very subtle floral that doesnโ€™t really stick around. The absorption was pretty good - I donโ€™t think quite as good as the original but better than a lot of moisturizers Iโ€™ve used! 

5FC73B2C-7C10-4350-8BAD-03916CB82793.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Ahhh the scent sounds...ok? @Kim888. I am really curious about that one and will probably try it come summer. I was expecting something fruity but it definitely doesnโ€™t sound like it! 

The cliv masks Iโ€™ve tried have always been very tacky, so I am not surprised you found this one to be so sticky.

That's just way too long to deal with tack, @Kim888 - I don't blame you for not being wow-ed by that one!

@Kim888, thatโ€™s too bad the mask didnโ€™t meet your expectations.

@Kim888  Well, it's too bad the sheet mask was unimpressive, but I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the SDJ! Sometimes there's just nothing better than the original though ๐Ÿ˜‰

That's too bad the sheet mask wasn't impressive @Kim888 I'm liking the sdj! 

Last night my husband and I did a foot mask! It came in a pack of 4 and we both remembered we didnโ€™t care for it last time. The booties very short on the foot and didnโ€™t stay on well. Last time my feet peeled a little his didnโ€™t at all. We will see how it works this time!

75913FC1-15AC-4BD6-9CC1-0B586B9E5B13.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Itโ€™s so great that he is willing to try out a mask or two with you, @ather! Whether itโ€™s a hit or not, the time together is rarely wasted โ˜บ๏ธ

@ather, hope this โ€œdo overโ€ produces better results ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi  Thanks!!!

@ather  Hope you get some better results this time around! Good luck! ๐Ÿคž

@Shosh85  Thanks! I left it on a few mins longer this time.

1 Reply
testing