Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Targeted skin concern: needs firming ๐Ÿ˜†

IMG_20210414_082550380.jpg

• This is a thinner material sheet with lots of extra clear serum
  • Scent was cherry but seems a touch less potent than I remembered
  • Fit was good, could of been a touch wider at the cheek area
  • Wear time is 20 minutes
  • My skin absorbed about half the serum, then I massaged the remaining into my skin
  • Didn't notice any firming, I did see brighter skin a touch more hydrated, not too moisturizing, and no lasting tackiness
  • I do have a couple "spots" aka pimples that definitely felt like they were drying out after using it
  • I would absolutely repurchase these, especially to use to target blemishes, which was not my initial intention ๐Ÿ™ŒIMG_20210414_082555331.jpg

โ€ƒ

Oh @lmaster good to know this is for blemishes. 

I donโ€™t mean to jump on your post, but this reminded me that my daughter asked me if she could try this one that I had from @Shosh85 (thank you๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’–!). I told her only if she wrote a review, which she did.

Spoiler
โ€It smelled so good and delicious!! I wanted to eat it!

It was so cold and mildly tingly.

When I was wearing it, I pressed a dry towel to my face and it made the mask work wonders 10x more!!

The texture and consistency:

(10 is the highest and 0 is the lowest)

Mask slipperiness: 3.5

Serum slipperiness: 10

Tingling: 4

The mask is very porous, as it is like micro Swiss cheese with tiny holes everywhere.

When I took the mask off I basically used it as a towelette to rub in the serum and get it well-soaked in!

When I took it off it made my face itch a bit and my cheeks got a little red but overall - great mask! โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

P.S. My skin is now truly hydrated!! It feels so smooth!

Awwww @eshoe love her review!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster  I haven't gotten around to trying any of mine yet, but I've sure been hearing some great reviews! Glad you enjoyed this one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’

@Shosh85 yes, this one is a top favorite, blueberry might beat this one a smidge, both I love ๐Ÿ˜ I know you will too

Ohhh this sounds great @lmaster ! I love cherry scent !!

It's really good too @Kim888 

@lmaster  Oooo Iโ€™ve never seen the cherry ones before. Glad you liked it!

The scent is yummy!! @ather  ๐Ÿคค

is for Papaya enzymes:

IMG_20210414_232809_438.jpg

IMG_20210414_232809_487.jpg

@CookieGirl1, how disappointing that it only fizzled a little instead of foaming up. Sorry to hear that was your experience with this one. 

@itsfi oh well.  Slightly disappointing but there are plenty of others to try if I get the urge. 

@CookieGirl1   Looks really good!!

@CookieGirl1  Love your photos! I am glad you posted about this one, because I have almost purchased it multiple times. 

@PrettyPaint don't bother, lol. 

@CookieGirl1  Oh my goodness I love the pictures! You're the perfect masked model ๐Ÿ˜‰ Sorry to hear this was pretty unremarkable- I feel like I've heard that about a lot of their masks. The only Ulta sheet mask I've tried is their new banana one, and I actually really liked it. 

I love these photos!! @CookieGirl1 

Ahhh love your photos, @CookieGirl1

Did this mask bubble up quite a bit? On a (kind of) side note, Iโ€™ve wondered why oxygen foaming masks are always touted to be pore cleansing.  I just learned that oxygen kills bacteria (During the ABH Masterclass, no less) and I havenโ€™t been able to stop thinking about the science behind it. As in...does the bubbling action really help โ€˜openโ€™ the pores, so the oxygen can clean them out? These are the kind of things I need to know๐Ÿง! 

Ulta's got some fun masks to try out, @CookieGirl1! How did you end up liking this one?

@quspork @eshoe @lmaster this is what happens when I'm tired but I can't fall asleep at midnight, lol. Evidently I turn into some kind of masked Ninja ๐Ÿ˜ˆ. The mask itself was honestly quite unremarkable.  I haven't ever used one of the bubbling ones but this one didn't exactly impress me. It kind of sort of lightly fizzed and then it kind of fizzled out. I left it on for a good 15 to 20 minutes and there wasn't anything wrong with it but I didn't really see any benefit from using it, either. Maybe that one just wasn't designed to be very potent or there's always a chance that I just got a dud. Either way, it was the only one that I had in my collection and I wouldn't bother buying another one of those specific masks..

Thank you for the deets @CookieGirl1 

testing