Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masks that Make You Hungry ๐Ÿ˜‹Is it the scent..or the packaging? Which masks make you crave a yummy treat? It is no surprise that this weekโ€™s delicious theme is brought to you by none other than @itsfi! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿต

Letter of the Week:  U

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  There's not much I didn't like about this one! I haven't been let down by this brand yet! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Targeted skin concern: needs firming ๐Ÿ˜†

IMG_20210414_082550380.jpg

• This is a thinner material sheet with lots of extra clear serum
  • Scent was cherry but seems a touch less potent than I remembered
  • Fit was good, could of been a touch wider at the cheek area
  • Wear time is 20 minutes
  • My skin absorbed about half the serum, then I massaged the remaining into my skin
  • Didn't notice any firming, I did see brighter skin a touch more hydrated, not too moisturizing, and no lasting tackiness
  • I do have a couple "spots" aka pimples that definitely felt like they were drying out after using it
  • I would absolutely repurchase these, especially to use to target blemishes, which was not my initial intention ๐Ÿ™ŒIMG_20210414_082555331.jpg

โ€ƒ

Oh @lmaster good to know this is for blemishes. 

I donโ€™t mean to jump on your post, but this reminded me that my daughter asked me if she could try this one that I had from @Shosh85 (thank you๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’–!). I told her only if she wrote a review, which she did.

Spoiler
โ€It smelled so good and delicious!! I wanted to eat it!

It was so cold and mildly tingly.

When I was wearing it, I pressed a dry towel to my face and it made the mask work wonders 10x more!!

The texture and consistency:

(10 is the highest and 0 is the lowest)

Mask slipperiness: 3.5

Serum slipperiness: 10

Tingling: 4

The mask is very porous, as it is like micro Swiss cheese with tiny holes everywhere.

When I took the mask off I basically used it as a towelette to rub in the serum and get it well-soaked in!

When I took it off it made my face itch a bit and my cheeks got a little red but overall - great mask! โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

P.S. My skin is now truly hydrated!! It feels so smooth!

Awwww @eshoe love her review!! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster  I haven't gotten around to trying any of mine yet, but I've sure been hearing some great reviews! Glad you enjoyed this one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’

@Shosh85 yes, this one is a top favorite, blueberry might beat this one a smidge, both I love ๐Ÿ˜ I know you will too

Ohhh this sounds great @lmaster ! I love cherry scent !!

It's really good too @Kim888 

@lmaster  Oooo Iโ€™ve never seen the cherry ones before. Glad you liked it!

The scent is yummy!! @ather  ๐Ÿคค

An accidental mask-while-you-task yesterday morning, thanks to a double-duty cleanser:)

7CCA3188-3EA5-4876-9B9B-60F854A26BEC.jpeg

Spoiler
My skin needed a gentle cleansing, but I wanted to do a quick hydrating mask. I remembered @WinglessOne sharing that the The INKEY List Oat Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL can be used as a mask, yay! I used to use the Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm 1.7 oz/ 50 mL in the same way, and love cleansing balms in general to give my skin a little extra love when time is limited. I wore the ILIA Balmy Gloss Tinted Lip Oil which is not too sticky/icky, but lasts longer than other thin lip oils Iโ€™ve tried. This shade is a little drab on me, but I will have no problem finishing it since it wears so well. Finally, a little under eye masking with the Elisha Coy Snail Hydrogel Eye Patches. These little gels stick pretty well despite their snaily-slippery-goodness!

It was fun to discover a few ways to fill in the gap, and to get in a little extra care, even when I didnโ€™t have more time to devote to masking. Thank you @l8totheparty for a much-needed and appreciated theme!

@eshoe Ohhhhh I have that Inky list balm waiting in the wings.  How do you find it as a cleanser?  Or is it better as a mask?

@eshoe sounds like a nice and soothing sesh

The Inkey List Cleansing Balm makes for a nice first cleanser @eshoe. ๐Ÿ˜€ Good for all skin types but especially dry or sensitive skin. 

It is very gentle, @itsfi. I canโ€™t help but think of oats and chicken pox together, though. Childhood memories like that make a lasting impression; oats = comfort โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Sounds like a nice masking session! Glad to hear you're enjoying the cleansing balm - that's something I was planning on picking up soon ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The first few times I tried to snag it, it was OOS @Shosh85. I definitely use it more as a quick hydrating mask than as a cleanser, now that I know ๐Ÿ˜Š Mine has a slight โ€˜oilโ€™ scent; not too strong, but enough that I donโ€™t reach for it daily. @WinglessOne didnโ€™t notice a scent so it could just be me๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I would be curious to hear about your thoughts if you try it!

I love the idea of the cleansing balm as a mask @eshoe .  I have one just waiting to be cracked into when I finish my current oil.  I want to say I used to use the Sunday Riley cleanser as a mask at one point too?  How do you find this one compares to other cleansing balms for you?

@eshoe  Glad you got to have a little extra mask time! I need to order this cleanser! 

N is for Niacinamide which is the number one ingredient in this mask, placenta is third.  itโ€™s a nice stretchy black mask with thick clear slimy serum.   super hydrating and brightening if you use them back to back.  Itโ€™s a little long under the mouth but folds nicely and doesnโ€™t droop.  

D889F515-692B-4AA5-9AEB-3A40AB9B5AEA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

This one looks like a pretty decent fit- sounds like good results too, @heartsmyface!

Photos1,727
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg