Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I love these photos!! @CookieGirl1 

Ahhh love your photos, @CookieGirl1

Did this mask bubble up quite a bit? On a (kind of) side note, Iโ€™ve wondered why oxygen foaming masks are always touted to be pore cleansing.  I just learned that oxygen kills bacteria (During the ABH Masterclass, no less) and I havenโ€™t been able to stop thinking about the science behind it. As in...does the bubbling action really help โ€˜openโ€™ the pores, so the oxygen can clean them out? These are the kind of things I need to know๐Ÿง! 

Ulta's got some fun masks to try out, @CookieGirl1! How did you end up liking this one?

@quspork @eshoe @lmaster this is what happens when I'm tired but I can't fall asleep at midnight, lol. Evidently I turn into some kind of masked Ninja ๐Ÿ˜ˆ. The mask itself was honestly quite unremarkable.  I haven't ever used one of the bubbling ones but this one didn't exactly impress me. It kind of sort of lightly fizzed and then it kind of fizzled out. I left it on for a good 15 to 20 minutes and there wasn't anything wrong with it but I didn't really see any benefit from using it, either. Maybe that one just wasn't designed to be very potent or there's always a chance that I just got a dud. Either way, it was the only one that I had in my collection and I wouldn't bother buying another one of those specific masks..

Thank you for the deets @CookieGirl1 

From last week, O is for The Oozoo and The Orchid Skin

more o masks.jpg

The Orchid Skin 21 Clear Mask:

Spoiler
I love the ultra-thin biocellulose material of The Orchid Skin 21 Clear Mask๐Ÿ’– I also love that the essence in this mask is one that I can feel once I remove the mask from the packet as well as see the results of after having the mask on for half an hour. Oftentimes, it doesn't feel like there's any essence in a bio-cellulose mask, though the hydration from it can be felt after the mask has been removed. That's not the case here.

Adherence was wonderful, as to be expected from a bio-cellulose mask. Fit was great, too - zero adjustments required. Zero. ๐Ÿ˜ The mask feels cooling and soothing on the skin. The scent on this one, like most sheet masks I've used, dissipates almost immediately. When the scent is present, it's fresh and has a slight floral bouquet feel to it. Results-wise, my skin feels hydrated and bouncy and looks fresh and refreshed after using this mask.

The Oozoo Face Gold Foilayer Mask:

Spoiler
The Oozoo Face Gold Foilayer Mask Gold Moist Repair is a 2-piece gold foil mask that is saturated in a thin, runny but not dripping, milky essence that, initially upon opening the packet, gave off a subtle slightly floral lotion scent. The consistency of the liquid resembles an essence more so than a serum; there's extra in the packet - not enough for the entire body, but the neck, shoulders and arms can get some extra attention. 

Thanks to the 2-pieces, adherence was good, as was fit - my mini-scissors had a day off. Instructions call for keeping the mask on for 10-20 minutes. I went with 25. I probably could have kept it on for another 10 minutes. The essence that remains after removing the mask absorbs easily and my skin feels hydrated and moisturized.

The Orchid Skin Hand Mask & The Orchid Skin Foot Mask:

Spoiler
How cute is the packaging?! ๐Ÿ˜ The Oozoo Skin Hand Mask and The Orchid Skin Foot Mask are your typical hand and foot masks. For the foot mask, it's best to wear socks over them so you don't slip while wearing them around the house. I left the masks on for a little more than 20 minutes and the serum was almost fully absorbed by the time I removed the masks. My hands and feet feel soft and moisturized, but these are definitely something that would yield better results if used regularly. Adding that to my list of things to do. These masks by The Orchid Skin are ones I'd use again if I had them, but since they perform similarly to other hand and foot masks I've used in the past, I don't feel the need to seek out these particular masks for future masking.

@itsfi  Those Orchid hand and foot masks sure do have some cute packaging! They sound nice, but it's too bad they weren't anything too special.

I'm not a big fan of foil masks, but I do think that Oozoo mask is one of the better ones.... and the C3PO effect is a nice plus! ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Orchid face mask sounds great - love that it's biocellulose ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes, the CP3O effect @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I knew there were folks here who have used this mask but for some reason my mind drew a blank and I couldnโ€™t remember who. I should have known one would be you. This and the honey / royal jelly interactive mask ate probably my favorites from the brand. Oh my goodness, I was so surprised by the Bio-cellulose mask. Itโ€™s been fun seeing how bio-cellulose masks have changed from when I first started sheet-masking (yes, letโ€™s make it a verb) until now. 

@itsfi  Iโ€™ve tried the orchid foot mask before and I agree totally with your thoughts it wasnโ€™t bad but not overly awesome!!! Iโ€™ll have to keep my eyes out for the hand mask tho!

@ather, my favorites remain the Mediheal paraffin foot mask and the foot mask from Aveeno. 

@itsfi  Iโ€™ve never tried that one. I do like the aveeno one tho. I think my fav is the dr. Jart ones. I think those were also my husbands fav too. 

Good to know @ather! I think I have one of the Dr Jart masks, or maybe itโ€™s the hand mask? Iโ€™ll have to check my bin. I donโ€™t see it on the Sephora site anymore. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi  I didnโ€™t see it on there either. Maybe itโ€™s discontinued? 

@ather, good masks being discontinued seem to be happening far too often of late. Ugh. Well, I'll definitely have to look for it this weekend and then savor it when I do use it. 

@itsfi  I believe it actually warms up too. Which is nice for a cool evening!! 

@ather, I think I remember you mentioning that in your review of it. That sounds so nice. I wonder if thatโ€™s a reason it seems to be OOS everywhere - maybe there were issues with it warming up? Hmm ๐Ÿค” Iโ€™ll keep an eye out for it coming back. Sounds like a nice one! 

@itsfi  What a lovely selection of masks - I have never seen any of these before. The Orchid Skin sounds really, really nice. And that's good that the foil mask was two pieces. Most of my foil mask experiences have been single piece masks with unworkable fits!

Thank you @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿค— The Orchid Skin masks were "pre-pandemic" purchases - this is now how I reference back my sheet mask purchases, since I was mostly on a sheet mask no buy for all of the shelter in place. I don't think the store I picked them up from carries them anymore, but the next time I go in, I'm going to ask and maybe also see if it might be something they'd consider bringing back when they next make their order. I have seen a few of their sheet masks on yesstyle dot com.

2-piece masks make for such a better fit, for me, at least. It's clear that my mug is not the face model for most one-piece sheet masks. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi every one of these masks sound great

Thank you @lmaster. They were all very nice.

The Orchid Skin mask sounds very cozy, @itsfi. Thin biocell masks are a standout, and looks like this one is another to add to my growing list of recommendations from everyone here!

testing