Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Masks that Make You Hungry ๐Ÿ˜‹Is it the scent..or the packaging? Which masks make you crave a yummy treat? It is no surprise that this weekโ€™s delicious theme is brought to you by none other than @itsfi! ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿต

Letter of the Week:  U

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@HiDee21  Awesome you love this mask!!! 5 part is a huge commitment!!

@HiDee21 Ugh 5 steps!? Sounds really nice though.

@Samtian  Right lol it sounds super sweet but 5 steps ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hahaha @Samtian! I chuckled at your 5-steps comment. ๐Ÿ˜‚ But, it could/would be your entire skincare routine, well, at least for the evening routine. 

@HiDee21  Oh this one sounds amazing! I have dry desert skin too, so this is definitely one I need to look up! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@HiDee21  Wow, thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great product - especially if you can notice a difference from using just once a week. 

@HiDee21, this mask pack sounds phenomenal! ๐Ÿ˜ My skin is dehydrated year round and varies from dry to combo depending on the season, so an at home facial that imparts moisture and hydration sounds excellent! 

Thought I'd "Clean" out my pores tonight:

IMG_20210419_221259_195.jpg

I will look around for a sample of this one, @CookieGirl1 - like @lmaster, I am dealing with some masker too๐Ÿ˜ข

@CookieGirl1  Did it work well for you? Could always use a good pore cleaner-outer ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 Typically I don't like/wouldn't recommend Philosophy skincare but I actually LOVE this mask.  It's clay-based with very tiny exfoliating particles and I swear, my face looks and feels amazing after I rinse it off.

@CookieGirl1  Ooooh, sounds wonderful! ๐Ÿ™Œ

I've been on this kick this week @CookieGirl1 good ol maskne 

P is for Premium and also a random all de janerio review. 

Spoiler
I tried out the premium cliv mask. This was a thin mask with clear gel like serum. It had the generic mask scent. The fit was fairly good. I was not super impressed with the results of the mask. The serum didnโ€™t really absorb all the way so even an hour later by skin felt tacky/sticky. I would not reuse. 

I also used up my sol de janerio sample. Of course I canโ€™t really tell after a few uses whether it would give brighter smoother skin so as more of a general review the scent is much more subtle than the original bum bum cream when used. Itโ€™s a very subtle floral that doesnโ€™t really stick around. The absorption was pretty good - I donโ€™t think quite as good as the original but better than a lot of moisturizers Iโ€™ve used! 

5FC73B2C-7C10-4350-8BAD-03916CB82793.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Ahhh the scent sounds...ok? @Kim888. I am really curious about that one and will probably try it come summer. I was expecting something fruity but it definitely doesnโ€™t sound like it! 

The cliv masks Iโ€™ve tried have always been very tacky, so I am not surprised you found this one to be so sticky.

That's just way too long to deal with tack, @Kim888 - I don't blame you for not being wow-ed by that one!

@Kim888, thatโ€™s too bad the mask didnโ€™t meet your expectations.

@Kim888  Well, it's too bad the sheet mask was unimpressive, but I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the SDJ! Sometimes there's just nothing better than the original though ๐Ÿ˜‰

That's too bad the sheet mask wasn't impressive @Kim888 I'm liking the sdj! 

Last nightโ€™s mask for this weekโ€™s Outrageous Mask Claims:

8410A545-BC7A-4DC0-B609-2D1EC539B704.jpeg

Spoiler
For โ€œO,โ€ the last bit of the OLEHENRIKSEN Cold Plunge Pore Mask 3 oz/ 90 mL convinced me to add it to my repurchase list. The cool mint-like scent and sensation are so enjoyable. I am also a sucker for the bright, jewel-toned shade๐ŸงŠ The Pat McGrath Lust Luxe Lip Balm (๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ @SportyGirly125 love this!) is extra smoothing and lasts while masking. It is scentless and easy to apply. The little tin feels a bit nostalgic, which I think is a sweet touch.

Finally, the Purclair Cocktail Cinderella Aqua Mask for Most Outrageous Claims (great theme, @ShortErica!). It moistens, calms, and promotes healthy and clear skin. It reminds me of those commercials...โ€but wait, thereโ€™s more!โ€
1ED39700-EE1B-4206-8617-684711CD2FDD.jpeg

โ€œLike Cinderella, the queen of luck, brings good luck to your skin.โ€

Good luck for my skin?
Ok, you got me! Now I am curious. Time will tell, but in the meantime, letโ€™s see what the mask itself is like.

The scent was a mix of sunscreen and something fruity. I noted pineapple and orange extracts, and after sticking my nose inside again, I could distinguish the pineapple. It was more sunscreen, though-not my cup of tea but it was manageable. The fit was surprisingly good-I really enjoyed it! It was also comfy; not quite charcoal mask level, but unexpectedly soft. The serum was slightly thicker than water, with enough in the packet to reapply to my cheeks. It wore quite well for 20 minutes, and began to dry in a few places. I was very pleased with this one, which I originally had planned to use for @PrettyPaintโ€™s โ€˜Masks that could be a band nameโ€™ challenge. 

As far as that claim, so far today, my skin has been...neutral on luck. I will give it a few days and report back;)

@eshoe  The Cinderella mask sounds nice! I hope your skin received some good luck from it ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ€

I really like that OH mask! It feels so refreshing! I especially love to use it in conjunction with the OH Sauna Scrub ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

5 Replies
Photos1,727
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg