Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Great choices for M masks @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜€ Ohhhh, those Peripera masks! And that mango smoothie one in particular - milky serum, mango scented and soft, smooth and hydrated skin?!! ๐Ÿ’› Why again are they no longer making these sheet masks?!!! Sigh. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ So sad to see the good ones go. โ˜น๏ธ

Those A'Pieu masks have such cute packaging! I keep referring to them as the A'Pieu popsicle masks! Did you know that Missha is "revamping" the A'Pieu or at least its "online presence"? I just read about it yesterday on the Missha website.  Not sure what that means, especially given that Missha titled the notice on its webpage as "Adieu A'Pieu". I suppose they could have just used "adieu" because it rhymes with A'Pieu, but the whole thing is making me think that A'Pieu will be no more, or at least A'Pieu as we know / knew it? Thought you might want to know in case you want to pick up more of those A'Pieu masks (and any other A'Pieu items) now.

Adieu A'Pieu.JPG

@Shosh85 @itsfi I contacted Missha about the updated site and lack of A'pieu and this was their response back:

Screenshot_20210415-102503.png

So, I guess the good news is the line isn't being discontinued. I'm hoping K-beauty retailers will continue to stock it though (and it looks like most of them have plenty of stock up right now). I find those pages easier to shop than Amazon if I'm just browsing. 

Ooh, thatโ€™s good news @quspork. Thank you! I too hope that their products will be available through other etailers, and that they continue to develop new products. @Shosh85 

@quspork  Oh nice! That's good to know! Thank you so much for reaching out to them! I would've been very sad if they were gone for good! 

@itsfi  Well, this makes me just slightly nervous...I'm still so mad about Peripera and TCFS! ๐Ÿ˜† I'll be interested to see where this goes and what this "revamping" means exactly. ๐Ÿค”

I just stare at that announcement @Shosh85  and think "what do you mean by revamping, Missha?!!" I'm really hoping they're not doing away with the entire A'Pieu line. We have a week until the end of the first quarter so fingers crossed we'll get good news. ๐Ÿคž 

Hmmm this is really interesting, @itsfi... The message sounds like some sort of re-vamp will be happening, but it's hard to tell if they mean just the shopping experience via the website or the products themselves. I hope they don't mess with too many of the formulations since A'pieu really has some great masks and other products already! It does say they're returning in the first quarter of 2021, so hopefully that's still on schedule and we'll be able to see what's going on soon. 

Agree @quspork, it'll be very interesting to see what we find out about this revamping of the line. I'm with you; I hope that there are not too many reformulations. I noticed that some of their most popular items stopped being restocked, on its site as well as third party online retailers. We shall wait and see . . .

I chose innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL as a recent GWP.  I've used it several times, and I keep being pleased with it.  I had previously been using The INKEY List Kaolin Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL but now that it has gotten warmer, I needed something with more oomph.

The innisfree is easy to apply.  It doesn't glide on like a creamy cream, but it's thick and I got good coverage from a little amount.  I feel like it's on the dry side texture-wise, but I didn't mind it at all.  Also, I could feel the grittiness as I applied it with my fingers, but I didn't notice anything tugging on my face.  It dried down quickly enough.  I will mention, though, that there was a weird stage when the top felt dry and the underneath felt wet.  I've been leaving it on for about 10 minutes, and that seems like enough time for it to do what it needs to.

I use clay masks because I find that they're helpful in managing the blackheads I get.  (With my routine, I find that I barely given them a second thought anymore - for the most part!)  This really made a difference for me.  Not only did it get rid of the trouble areas I had leftover from TIL Kaolin mask, but it made my nose look more clear.  I was impressed.  (I'm not saying it's a miracle worker, but it gave very good results.)  I will admit that I didn't do a deep dive into the ingredient list, which is strange for me.  For now, I will continue to use it happily.  

And I really like the price!  

This sounds like a good experience with the Innisfree, @greeneyedgirl107!

@quspork It exceeded expectations - how often does that happen?!  And the funny thing is, I almost didn't choose that as a GWP.  I was holding off for something more expensive!

That innisfree mask is such a gentle clay mask, @greeneyedgirl107! I havenโ€™t tried the IL, it sounds like it might be lighter than the innisfree ๐Ÿค” 

@eshoe TIL is definitely lighter in my opinion.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I've not tried the inkey list mask @greeneyedgirl107 however, the innisfree is a top favorite of mine ๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster Any other clay masks that you rec?

@lmaster I've been wondering about the Origins one for ages.  I think that will be the next one I try!  Glad it has your endorsement ๐Ÿ™‚

@greeneyedgirl107 this is one I've repurchased many times ๐Ÿ˜Š

@greeneyedgirl107  So glad to hear the Innisfree mask is working out so well for you! I'm not sure if you've had a chance to look up the ingredients, but when I was skimming through reviews I read that some people aren't happy about it containing Walnut Shell Powder - do you know anything about that ingredient? 

@Shosh85 I don't know anything about walnut shell powder.  The only thing I can think of is how back in the day companies apparently used to make their scrubs with ground walnut shells and apparently they were really abrasive.  I don't have an issue with it in the mask thus far, especially since I'm not using it as a scrub.  

Side note: I wish scrubs were grittier.  For me, what aggravates my skin isn't the abrasiveness, but rather the fragrance/other irritants when paired with a scrub.  I think companies are attacking things from the wrong angle in some regards.

@greeneyedgirl107  I remember a lot people complaining when the Origins Dragonfruit mask came out because of the walnut pieces in it. I didn't have any opinion about it, except for that I prefer grittiness over chunkiness. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh, and don't get me started on fragrance! It's super annoying how many products there are that are just overwhelmed with fragrance (I can't stand anything floral) ๐Ÿ˜ I can totally see how the combo of abrasiveness + fragrance could be a major irritant. 
All that aside, I'm happy to hear this one worked out so well for you! I know I've heard plenty others here who have liked it as well. I'll definitely have to try it out soon! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

testing