Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

Right @missjeanie?!!! I just think a honey shampoo and conditioner would be an excellent choice for the brand; the mask has already performed well. We cannot be the only ones who consider a honey shampoo and conditioner to be a winning next product!! I guess we will just have to wait patiently, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels that the honey bear hair mask should have siblings added to the family in the form of shampoo and conditioner. πŸ˜‰

@itsfi @Shosh85 You guys I just broke into my last jar of the Amika yesterday!  I miss TJ Maxx!!!! lol  I was just trying to contemplate today if I should be looking at picking up another hair mask before next sale.  I assume I won't get to a TJ's this year, but a Winners will likely be possible this summer!  Do you guys like the regular Briogio?  I wasn't huge on the Fructis ones I tried, but maybe I'll need to look into testing some more.  

@missjeanie, at first I read your post as "I just broke...my last jar of the Amika" and not "broke into" and there was a deep intake of breath and an "oh nooo!" Then I reread it and was quite relieved...well, more relieved than when I thought your last jar fell apart. 

I'm a big fan of the original Briogeo. From that brand, my favorite is the LE honey bear one (please, oh please, come back for the holidays like last year . . . and maybe in the summer too, if I can be so greedy to ask?! πŸ˜‰) But for that honey version, my next fave from Briogeo would be their original hair mask. I'm curious about the new Olaplex one. I have a promo DS size that I've yet to open - I'm being good and going to first finish up this full size hair maksk that is close to being done. 

@Shosh85 

@itsfi @Shosh85 I agree, I quite liked the Honey version and would have picked that up without even second guessing.  I do go through a lot of hair mask (my hair goes down to my hips and has quite dry ends), so the low volume on the Olaplex one had me wondering if there would be enough to make it worth it. 

@itsfi  I almost always have drink it up in stock!! The sheet mask looks amazing for the dry months!!

@ather, I used the Drink It Up mask as my moisturizer today. πŸ˜ Held up well through mask wearing too. Well, so far at least. Yes, this sheet mask was very nourishing. 

@itsfi Haha definitely not. The packaging on the one looks like a butt from the thumbnail. 

Hahaha @Samtian! πŸ˜† That's funny. Fret not mods, I am not posting in violation of the rules. lol. 

Whenever I use an avocado mask, what runs through my mind is which maskers here might really love it and, of course, I think "oh. this will not be a mask samtian likes." 

@itsfi That makes me happy! Whenever I see yuckycado stuff while shopping I think of you guys lol.

My mask this week the Azure Rose & Collagen face mask. This was ok, but left my skin tacky even the next day, I don't like that feeling.

Azure_Rose_SheetMask_box_Shadow

@Samtian yeah that's too long for tackiness to remain, sorry to hear that

@Samtian  Dang, that's some long lasting tack. Sorry to hear this didn't work out so well for you! 

Wow, that is some serious tack, @Samtian! I can definitely understand not being in a hurry to use that particular mask again. 

@Samtian  Darn that it left your skin tacky! 

@Samtian  Yikes, that's some long-term tack. 

@PrettyPaint I was surprised haha. 

@Samtian, I'm so sorry that your skin and your mom's stayed tacky overnight. I completely understand not liking that feeling!! I'm wondering if it is the niacinamide in the mask. It's the third ingredient listed so that suggests there would be a higher volume of it in the mask. Looking through the inci list, that seems to be the ingredient that is more likely to be tacky and take longer to be absorbed. Interesting. 

@itsfi I'll have to keep an eye out for that, thank you!

Your skin was tacky the next day, @Samtian? Did you moisturize afterwards? Yikes, no thank you! 

@eshoe Yes I did. My mom's was tacky too and she didn't.

This kind of fits this week's challenge by a bit of a stretch. 

It's the Dr. Gloderm TABRX Whitening Mask. I'm not sure where I got this from - I think it probably came in a facetory box. I will put it out there that I'm uncomfortable with the mask label because even if it's not the intention, I do think it suggests a singular ideal of beauty...

Anyhow, it came with an oil capsule, so that's where the O will come from. I really am unsure of the majority of its claims. The Glutathione in the mask is probably meant to be the skin brightening agent. Upon just one use, I obviously can't tell a difference. The mask did adhere very well and it was nourishing. I applied the oil capsule afterwards, and I think I applied a bit too much as I'm quite oily now...haha. 

My skin is feeling very moisturized, though, I'll say! 

2 - Copy.png1 - Copy.png

Ingredients:

Spoiler

Mask

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Glycereth-26, Betaine, Xanthan Gum, 1,2-Hexanediol , Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Glutathione, Pearl Extract, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5

Oil

Capsule Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycerin, Ceramide 3, Phytosphingosine, Squalane, Phospholipids, Phytosterols