Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

It must be really bad @itsfi for you to say a reformulation ๐Ÿ˜–

@lmaster, think 

Spoiler
Swiftlets nests

great, now I feel like I've ruined both our days by telling you. Sorry, doll! 

@itsfi ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I knew it was bad

Yeah @lmaster. ๐Ÿ˜• I was happy about the results and then decided to write up my thoughts and in so doing, did a little Google-translating of ingredients and โ€œroyal jelly ... โ€œ then I saw it and big sigh. A deflating moment. ๐Ÿ˜ž I donโ€™t think I have anymore among the masks left in my bin. 

For M week

IMG_20210324_121755195.jpg

• A lovely gift from the lovely @WinglessOne 
  • This was a thin / medium thickness sheet that adhered excellent to my skin and stayed put the entire 20 minutes of wearing
  • Clear bubbly serum with extra in the package
  • The scent was more on the floral side but not overwhelming
  • After removing I felt no lasting tackiness
  • The results from this mask are wonderful, this was definitely a standout mask and one that I would love to purchase

My skin felt perfectly hydrated perfectly moisturized and had a lovely glow to it, thank you so much for introducing me to this line!!IMG_20210324_121800815.jpg

โ€ƒNext up is M for moisturizing and Milk

IMG_20210404_194609384.jpg

• This is the first time I've used the coconut version of this mask
  • It didn't have any sort of a coconut scent in my opinion, maybe more of a light sweet scent
  • Now this one was close to expiring so it wasn't saturated completely with the serum so I had to use my hand and spread what was in the package over my face first, and then apply the sheet on my face
  • I left this mask on for 15 minutes, after removing my skin did feel a touch hydrated lightly moisturized nothing major
  • I'm not going to be too hard on this mask because like I said it it was close to expiring so if I had used it you know a few months before I don't know if I would have had different results, but with that said it seemed mediocre at best 

N for Nice and the claims on this one are funny!

IMG_20210405_115954202.jpg

• I have to laugh that it says smoothens wrinkles, restore skins vitality and another funny one, repairs worn skin ๐Ÿ˜†
  • The scent on this one seemed like a typical sheet mask fresh scent
  • It was a thicker material it did not stay in place very well even though it was nicely saturated
  • The fit was decent and there was extra clear serum in the package
  • I would say this is a cute packaged mask but definitely not one I would intentionally seek out, if it wasn't the holidays ๐Ÿ˜ฃ a meh mask at best

O is for OM! IMG_20210406_095907881.jpg

• I received this from Masks on the move
  • It is actually a clay mask that you apply with your fingers
  • I liked the scent it was not as earthy as I thought it would be, hard to describe but the scent was very pleasant
  • Seem like a white leaning towards like a mint green in color
  • Left it on for 10 minutes, after removing my skin did feel clean and not stripped, more softer to the touch as well
  • A pleasant surprise and one I would use again if I came across itIMG_20210406_095913781.jpg

โ€ƒ

Nice variety of masks @lmaster! I'm with @Shosh85, the A'Pieu Banana Milk mask is the best of the bunch.

FYI . . . looks like any reference to A'Pieu has been removed off of the Missha US site - theyโ€™ve done an overhaul of their web design, but there's no link for A'Pieu. @quspork 

@itsfi ughhhhh I hope they don't discontinue these

Let's say that again @lmasterughhhhh! ๐Ÿ˜‚ The optimistic part of me says, maybe they are choosing to give A'Pieu its own site; make it separate from Missha and they're working on a rebrand. ๐Ÿคž The other part of me thinks "uh oh, this does not look good, Fi." ๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster  Ahh, that Orchid Flower mask sounds so nice! I'd buy it just based on the adorable packaging! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜

I wasn't too fond of the Coconut Milk either. The scent was disappointing, but I liked the milky serum and the results were decent. The Banana one is definitely my favorite from the line! ๐ŸŒ

Glad you enjoyed the OM! Mask! I was pretty surprised at how much I liked that one too!

Great job masking! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

See I didn't even know the coconut milk mask had milky serum ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Shosh85 it must have absorbed so much into the mask, and it was like a week before expiration, I wasn't trying to be too harsh on it due to that

@lmaster  Haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Actually, all of the Milk masks have milky serum...... I think that's why they have the name "Milk" ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 note to self ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lmaster  I always kinda laugh to myself when a clay/wash off mask looks like a sheet mask and I'm taken by surprise.  Sounds like a pretty decent masking week for sure!

@missjeanie yep!! That was totally me ๐Ÿ˜‚

@lmaster the orchid flower one has th cutest packaging!!! no tackiness and moisturizing- totally sounds like a winner!

@Kim888 the orchid flower is hands down an incredible sheet!! It's a 5โญ in my opinion

Last nightโ€™s mask for this weekโ€™s Outrageous Mask Claims:

8410A545-BC7A-4DC0-B609-2D1EC539B704.jpeg

Spoiler
For โ€œO,โ€ the last bit of the OLEHENRIKSEN Cold Plunge Pore Mask 3 oz/ 90 mL convinced me to add it to my repurchase list. The cool mint-like scent and sensation are so enjoyable. I am also a sucker for the bright, jewel-toned shade๐ŸงŠ The Pat McGrath Lust Luxe Lip Balm (๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ @SportyGirly125 love this!) is extra smoothing and lasts while masking. It is scentless and easy to apply. The little tin feels a bit nostalgic, which I think is a sweet touch.

Finally, the Purclair Cocktail Cinderella Aqua Mask for Most Outrageous Claims (great theme, @ShortErica!). It moistens, calms, and promotes healthy and clear skin. It reminds me of those commercials...โ€but wait, thereโ€™s more!โ€
1ED39700-EE1B-4206-8617-684711CD2FDD.jpeg

โ€œLike Cinderella, the queen of luck, brings good luck to your skin.โ€

Good luck for my skin?
Ok, you got me! Now I am curious. Time will tell, but in the meantime, letโ€™s see what the mask itself is like.

The scent was a mix of sunscreen and something fruity. I noted pineapple and orange extracts, and after sticking my nose inside again, I could distinguish the pineapple. It was more sunscreen, though-not my cup of tea but it was manageable. The fit was surprisingly good-I really enjoyed it! It was also comfy; not quite charcoal mask level, but unexpectedly soft. The serum was slightly thicker than water, with enough in the packet to reapply to my cheeks. It wore quite well for 20 minutes, and began to dry in a few places. I was very pleased with this one, which I originally had planned to use for @PrettyPaintโ€™s โ€˜Masks that could be a band nameโ€™ challenge. 

As far as that claim, so far today, my skin has been...neutral on luck. I will give it a few days and report back;)

@eshoe  The Cinderella mask sounds nice! I hope your skin received some good luck from it ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ€

I really like that OH mask! It feels so refreshing! I especially love to use it in conjunction with the OH Sauna Scrub ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Okay this sounds like a great sheet mask @eshoe !  A bit on the thicker side with the serum, a sunscreen scent (I'm one of the weirdo's who loooooove a good Hawaiian Tropic moment) with a touch of pineapple AND Good Luck!!!  I hope it brought you fortune!

Please bring my skin good luck,,, or just bring me good luck in general ๐Ÿ˜‚ @eshoe 

@eshoe lucky skin is totally an outrageous claim haha! Sounds like it was good overall! and fun packaging as well!

testing