Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe @Glad you are loving the PMG lip balm. 

Not really on theme.  I blindly grabbed a mask today.  I like that this one is red and foily.  It warmed up on my face and felt nice although it wasnโ€™t the best fit and was drippy.  Lots of extra lightly floral scented serum in the package.  I didnโ€™t notice anything special.  Minimum hydration.  meh, good for photos not for results.  

DBAC1E22-2D5B-4F86-822C-70E663B19EEA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

5D3526E2-FD42-4111-87F1-C248AA3A4970.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Super cute photo op, but total bummer about the drippyness and meh efficacy @heartsmyface .

@heartsmyface total bummer!! Foil masks sure are beautiful though

@heartsmyface  Oh I love it! I've had this one for a while now but haven't had the heart to use it yet because it's my son's favorite ๐Ÿ˜‚ It's too bad the results were unimpressive, but it definitely gives you a fabulous selfie! ๐Ÿ˜

@heartsmyface foil masks in general are pretty but donโ€™t perform as well as they look., why๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Thanks for sharing @heartsmyface  - I think I have this floating around as well. Too bad it wasnโ€™t anything special !

You look awesome @heartsmyface!  This mask totally fits with the theme. O is for off theme! ๐Ÿ˜† I may have a few of those myself this week! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi   Haha, that works.  I suppose I can do consistent Overnight masks this week:). But Iโ€™m down for the opportunity to do off theme:). 

You look like a superhero! Bummer it's not super hydrating though ๐Ÿ˜•

@Mcakes   At least I still got to enjoy some me time:)

N is for Natto

Last week's plans for Takeout Tuesday ended up happening over the weekend, and I decided that Sushi Saturday: The Takeout Edition sounded worthwhile. This was the first time I've had natto maki. It was fine; I'm glad I tried it and, really, the only reason I did was because I was intrigued by the star ingredient in this mask and the mask hearts used earlier this week. I'd eat it again, but not sure it's something I would crave or order myself.Last week's plans for Takeout Tuesday ended up happening over the weekend, and I decided that Sushi Saturday: The Takeout Edition sounded worthwhile. This was the first time I've had natto maki. It was fine; I'm glad I tried it and, really, the only reason I did was because I was intrigued by the star ingredient in this mask and the mask hearts used earlier this week. I'd eat it again, but not sure it's something I would crave or order myself.

tl;dr: The softly floral scented milky serum pairs beautifully with the super soft, ultra thin Tencel material to create a luxuriously comfortable feel over the face. Skin feels soft, moisturized and bouncy after an half hour of wear, even as there's a slight tacky-to-the-touch feel that lingers for some time after the mask is removed and the serum has been completely absorbed.

Spoiler
Skin Type / Condition: Dehydrated, dry. Sensitive, dark spots from acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Mask: My Beauty Diary Natto Fermented Moisturizing Sheet Mask

Claim(s): Intense hydration and hydrating resilience, per the reverse side of the packet.

Material: Super soft, ultra thin Tencel

Adherence: Wonderful, like you're not wearing a mask at all. Love the second-skin feel of this mask.

Fit: Almost perfect. Only adjustments I made were to take off about 1 - 1-1/2 inches from the chin and to make the slightest of incisions to the lower inner corner of the opening for the eyes to help the material covering the nose bridge to lay flat against the skin. 

Essence: A beautiful, viscous milky emulsion having a soft, pleasant, slightly floral scent. There's extra, too, in the packet. โ™ฅ๏ธ

Performance & Results: Taiwanese sheet masks tend to fit the size, shape and features of my face really well and this MBD Natto mask was no exception. The material and the milky essence just melt into my skin, which felt soothed and nourished immediately after I applied the mask. An half hour with the mask yielded soft, moisturized, bouncy skin that had a tacky-to-the-touch feel lasting at least an half hour after I removed the mask. 

Best Suited For: those with normal, normal-to-dry or dry skin would like this year-round. Those with oily or combination skin (leaning oily) could be happy with this in the cooler months, especially winter.

Will I Repurchase?: Yes, but I may first try the Mediheal natto mask that @heartsmyface used earlier this week to see which performs better for me. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from glowieco dot com:

Water(Aqua), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Isopropyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyglutamic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Polyisobutene, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/CP Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Cistrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Saccharide Isomerate, Triethanolamine, Codiu Tomentosum Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Carbomer, Lactobacillus/Rice Ferment, Fragrance(Parfum), Polysorbate 80, Glyceryl Glucoside, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Glycosphingolipids, Tocopheryl Acetate

@itsfi love it when you showcase your food ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคค living where I do,,,I don't see much of these exciting options that are offered in other areas!! 

Thank you @lmaster! That's really kind of you to say. I am spoiled with being surrounded by yummy treats! ๐Ÿ˜‹

I think there are hidden gems everywhere, in every town, city, community - just waiting to be found! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Ahh, a tencel mask with milky emulsion sounds wonderful! I would be super curious to know how this one compares to the mediheal one ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85, the combination of the Tencel material and the milky serum were just a perfect pairing for me! ๐Ÿ’– So good for dry skin. ๐Ÿ˜ I will definitely let you know my thoughts on how this one compares to the Mediheal natto mask. 

โ€œThere's extra, too, in the packet.โ€

Some of the best words to hear after learning the essence is that good, @itsfiโ˜บ๏ธAt first glance I thought your takeout might be tako. The Natto certainly looks good, though!

@eshoe, itโ€™s always nice treat to have extra of a good serum! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ The natto was okay; just not my favorite. I think I prefer my soybeans in Japanese food in a different form, like miso soup, ๐Ÿฅฃ or edamame, though the latter is a different form of soybean. 

@itsfi  Love this picture!! Sorry the sushi wasnโ€™t over the top amazing. But glad you tried it!! 

Aww, thank you @ather! ๐Ÿค— Iโ€™m glad I tried - the mask and the natto sushi. Itโ€™s alright that this roll wasnโ€™t my favorite; I had some yummy sashimi too. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹ 

ETA 4/6/21: @ather, I'm not sure where your post that I'm responding to here went. โ˜น๏ธ It was here for me to respond to yesterday. I've reported it on the feedback thread and hopefully your post will pop back up soon. ๐Ÿคž

@itsfi  Interesting. I was having issues posting yesterday but I thought it was my internet. Thanks for reporting it. 

testing