Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thanks so much @Shosh85 

@PrettyPaint @Interesting! I havenโ€™t heard of that brand before! Too bad it was a bit meh! 

@Kim888  Yeah, decent enough but not worth a repurchase probably ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint  Too bad it wasnโ€™t amazing. But good you found a great filler mask. 

I'm intrigued by the gel-cream serum in this mask, @PrettyPaint๐Ÿ˜ A good choice for mask-while-you-task week! Now, let's talk about your blue friend in the pic? I'm assuming that it did not come with the sheet mask? 

@itsfi  Hehe, nope my blue friend came from Target actually ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi @PrettyPaint  Yes!! Who is this blue masking buddy??? Sounds like an good mask, I love it when the serums are milky/creamy. 

Oooh I am happy to see this one here, @PrettyPaint! I remember seeing it on Facetory and going back and forth on it. The serum sounds...good? Gel and cream๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  That's probably where it came from (facetory). Yes, the consistency of the serum was pretty nice! ๐Ÿ™‚

I did my own challenge for March to use up a bunch of Creme Shop Masks.  I have confirmed that the brand has such a wide array of fits, serums, and such that I certainly ended up liking some way more than others.  After looking at how many I used in March, I'm going to continue with Creme Shop as my theme for April and then see where I am at the end of that.  I'll be honest here, a lot of these are older and were purchased in 2019 from TJ Maxx, Winners etc.  Those dang large packs for 5$ and under hooked me! 37 sheet masks used this month and I did double mask each day (normally use a wash off before I shower and then a sheet mask after.  Some days I ended up triple masking by adding in a sheet mask in the evening.  Top down from ones I enjoyed to ones that were less than stellar. 

4B9845B2-BB56-459A-BEE1-C4F5A03DC6D9.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
An Elfs Workshop Resveratrol Anti-Age & Plump -- This was my favourite of the bunch.  A bit longer in the chin and forehead but the material was such that I could easily just fold it, no cutting needed.  This is also one that is more suited to my extra dry (and fine... mature) skin these days.  There was a good amount of serum in the packet and I used the extra to cover my decollate and arms.  I recognize that they likely wouldn't come out with this again, but it's a good one and one that I'd re-purchase should I happen upon them.
A Snowman's Story Hyaluronic Acid Moisturize & Glow -- My second favourite of the bunch, same longer fit, easy to fold material, and extra serum as the Resveratrol.  This one didn't feel as moisturizing, but may have been more hydrating.  Again, I'd buy more if I came across them.
NICE Forever Young mask -- Another good one, a little less serum in the pouch than the ones above, but the sheet itself was still saturated, with the slightly thicker serum.  This one felt a little soothing on the skin with only a very very light floral scent to it that
dissipated after I had it on.  
NAUGHTY Energy Boost mask -- same fit as the NICE mask, maybe a bit more soothing and moisturizing.  Was perfect after a couple hours at work in a cotton mask.  Would buy again. 
Vitamin C infused mask - This mask was okay fit wise, however it had much less serum in the pouch and so the mask itself was much drier and didn't stay stuck to my face nearly 10 minutes.  I ended up using this, and all the others with the little fruits on the packages as 'quick' masks since they all had less serum in them.  Good for a quick something something before doing the rest of my skincare, but not nearly as nice as the ones above for soothing my dry skin and helping to nourish it back to health. 
Peach Infused mask - It did have a nice light peachy scent to it if you stuck your nose right up to the mask, but same as the Vitamin C, it was only a quick wear time before it started piping off my chin area.
Watermelon Infused -- Can join the party with Peach, super light scent, but nothing to write home about.
Pineapple Infused -- Same as the Vitamin C, Watermelon and Peach.  Meh, no harm, no foul, but I wouldn't buy from this line again.  Nothing noticeable to help my skin, but nothing aggravating either.
Dear Diary Peppermint Acne & Oil Control -- Okay, I'm not the target consumer here, lets get that out of the way.  I could use a bit of acne control at times (If I'm wearing a cotton non-medical mask more I'm finding small breakouts along my jaw line), but oil control.... I'd need oil to control.  This also had a super strong peppermint scent to it that I could feel in my eyes.  I used them, but they didn't stay on long as I was fearful they'd dry out any oil production that I did have.  These could be great for someone who was super oily, but this gal is gonna say no.  Side note... is peppermint oil okay for your skin?  I feel like that may be a no and it could be super sensitizing?  Same fit/serum as the others in this line.
Rose Infused -- Same fit and serum as the others in the line, but with a light rose scent, I'm not into rose/floral scents so this one ranked lower than the others in the line. 
Santa's List Charcoal Detox and Renew - Same fit/serum as the others in the line but again, not for my skin type.  There was peppermint oil in this one as well, though not as strong as the Deer Diary.  This was also a black material in lieu of the white of the others in the line.  
Clean Up, Skin Koala infused with Detoxifying Charcoal - This one is .... meh.  It's not a formula type made for my skin so I pretty much saw it as a fun selfie moment.  At least this one didn't have any peppermint in it.  The sheet material on most of these animal masks seems to be a bit harder to have it lay against my skin well so it only stays on for about 15 minutes before it starts to dry out and start to lift at the chin.  I wouldn't buy these again, but I could see them being nice for a girls night/teenagers who want the Instagram photo.  This falls into the just not for me category. 

Wow!!! I'm impressed with your dedication to the brand ๐Ÿ˜‰ @missjeanie I agree, some are definitely more stand out than others

Well the purchasing happened over a few years, so many so cheep at TJ's and Winners kept me wanting to try them all @lmaster .  When I saw how many I had just from them it was eye opening.  It's actually been easier to just put a handful of them out on my bathroom counter and only pick from them, feels more like working through them than being excited for a masking session, but I'm trying to do all the 'meh' masks first hopefully leaving myself with 'fun' ones by the end of the year. 

I'm using that same technique @missjeanie I'm grabbing a bunch that will fit theme and close to expiring and laying them on my bathroom counter, makes it so much easier ๐Ÿ™Œ

Glad to know I'm not the only one @lmaster !

@missjeanie  Dang! Nice work! I have tried all of these and I would totally agree on the ranking ๐Ÿ˜‰ I definitely know how hard it is to resist a box of masks from TJ Maxx ๐Ÿ˜†

The temptation is so real at TJ's @Shosh85 !  I can't actually get to mine right now and it's totally saved me from becoming a totally ridiculous mask hoarder lol

Holy cow, @missjeanie!  You managed to go through a lot of masks ๐Ÿ™‚

It's been a very conscious effort this year for sure @CookieGirl1 

Team Fruity Party, @missjeanie๐Ÿ˜ Great work in motoring through a good portion of your stash! How exciting, because..,new masks, yay!!!

@eshoe I may or may not have caved and included a couple masks with a sunscreen order the other day... oops!

It happens, @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜

1 Reply
testing