Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Smellavision needs to be a thing @Shosh85

That print on the mask and the packaging make this one totally giftable/selfieable @itsfi . 2021... where I just make up words lol. 

hahaha! Those are great words @missjeanie! They're both words that people can relate to. I will aim to drop them in Zoom meeting this week. The more we use them, the more they'll become a part of everyone's vocab, right? It'll be a lot easier than trying to drop antipolluaging in a sentence and making it seem like there's nothing strange about me using that word in everyday conversation. "Giftable" and "selfie-able"? Those words I can use without drawing too many questionable looks. 

I just had to google that @itsfi , but now that I know what it is... mission for this week to use it in conversation is accepted!

lol @missjeanie! I know you can do it. I shall wait patiently to hear the story of how it all went down! ๐Ÿ˜ You got this! ๐Ÿ‘Š

Super cute filler mask! @itsfi 

They really draw you in with the cute packaging @lmaster๐Ÿ˜

N for Nice thoughts, (Over) night mask, Nordic Berries, Nurturing, and Nupore (whew!):

numask.jpg

Spoiler
There has been less masking and more tasking this week. A special little thank you to @missjeanie for the cute Softlips Hello Kitty Lip Balm that puts a smile on my face every time I use it! This OH Berry Nurturing Mask is my third or fourth jar. It smells nothing like berries, but a good dose of lavender. The Nupore Character Face Masks Panda Mask is hibiscus-infused and for a cutsie-style mask, fit well. 
nupan.jpg
The clear serum was thin, and didn't stand out in terms of scent. It wore well for 15 or so minutes, and after removing, my skin felt a little tacky but not much. The Alpyn Beauty Hydrating Sleeping Mask with Melatonin & Wild Dandelion 2.0 oz/ 59 mL always clears up any residual tackiness, which I appreciate before heading to bed. I finished this bottle and immediately broke into my backup. This will likely continue to be a repurchase for me despite the strong scent; it just works really well for my skin!

Nupore Ingredients:
Spoiler
D4099B33-961A-4466-BC8F-BF5EFC534C6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

How adorable is that panda mask, @eshoe?! The Alpyn sleeping mask sounds really nice as well. You mention a strong scent with it- what kind of scent is it? 

@eshoe, the panda mask is very cute, and looks exactly like a panda!

@eshoe  Third or fourth jar? Sounds like you're loving that OH! What do you like about it?

The sheet mask is super cute, but I'm a sucker for anything panda related ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿผ

Tasking while masking ๐Ÿ˜‰ @eshoe that's my life ๐Ÿ˜†

N is for Niacinamide which is the number one ingredient in this mask, placenta is third.  itโ€™s a nice stretchy black mask with thick clear slimy serum.   super hydrating and brightening if you use them back to back.  Itโ€™s a little long under the mouth but folds nicely and doesnโ€™t droop.  

D889F515-692B-4AA5-9AEB-3A40AB9B5AEA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

This one looks like a pretty decent fit- sounds like good results too, @heartsmyface!

@heartsmyface  This mask looks and sounds wonderful! I love that niacinamide and placenta  are 1st and 3rd in the ingredients! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜

@heartsmyface that's great the best ingredients are so high up!

Oh this sounds lovely @heartsmyface .  I never mind a mask being longer in the chin so long as it sticks under, the droop is where I get frustrated. 

This one sounds and looks good @heartsmyface! ๐Ÿ˜ I have a couple of placenta masks left in the stash. I need to get the reverse side translated for the inci list. If they are similar enough, I may compare them. Who makes your mask? 

@itsfi   The google translate ap is wonderful for auto translating in real time.  Love it!  
ooops, here I thought I was being clever saving myself the time of taking multiple photos and Iโ€™ve ripped the brand off the top.  Itโ€™s by The Shiny.  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Thank you @heartsmyface๐Ÿ˜ I translated the inci from the rosemary masks and will have to sort through the list to see if there's any ingredient I know I'm sensitive to. ๐Ÿค” I have a few other masks that will benefit from the translation app. ๐Ÿ‘

Google translate is funny because it changes the translation as you tilt it, @heartsmyface - usually good for a laugh ๐Ÿ™‚

testing