Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

How about N as in "No time like the present to try and get caught up on recent masking a little bit..." ๐Ÿ˜

First up, A'pieu Propolis Moisture 3 Step Mask

PXL_20210322_175530980.jpg

Propolis, honey, royal jelly, licorice root, green tea--- really what's not to love? This was a rare multi-step where I really liked all three steps. The cream may have been just touch heavier than I would normally prefer, but that's a slight quibble. Step one is a pre-soaked hydrating toner pad (actually there were two in the packet) that made application a breeze. Step two was a soft, cotton mask that adhered nicely, maybe a touch narrow in the fit, but overall left my skin hydrated and bouncy. Step three was a cream to seal in all the propolis goodness. There was a light honey scent to the mask (can't recall about the toner) and bit of a more perfumey fragrance to the cream. None of it was overwhelming though. I'm very glad I bought a multi-pack of these. 

Next, the Lovemore Hydrosol Brightening Mask

PXL_20210322_175441647.jpg

From time to time I've run out of Lovemore masks and tend to forget about them, but then when I repurchase I always think- why? Why did I eschew you, beloved Lovemore?? I've loved pretty much all of their masks mostly because they are just so comfy to have on. I love the Taiwanese masks for their softness, adherence, good fit, and overall comfort. These are pleasantly soaked in a thin essence that includes rose water, leaving it with a very slight floral scent. My skin looked brighter and felt nicely hydrated and soft after removal. Another that I'm glad to have purchased a 5 pack of. I'm not entirely sure if this is just a new packaging for the previous Rose Hybrida mask of theirs or if the ingredients have changed as I haven't found an English ingredient list yet, but either way, this is a lovely mask. 

Next, a gift from @eshoe - the Kina Cosmetics Peptide mask

PXL_20210322_175449151.jpg

I'm getting older and have got to start incorporating peptides more, but I digress. This mask was really great to use and I want to thank @eshoe for introducing me to the Kina brand because I've enjoyed all of the ones she sent. I'm sure it would take repeated and regular use of the mask to really see its claimed benefits of smoother, firmer skin but even as a stand-alone it's a good hydrating addition to the masking collection. I would happily use this again. 

And finally, the Elizavecca Honey Deep Power Ringer mask

PXL_20210322_175506463.jpg

This sheet was just soaked in clear, honeyed-essence goodness. The sheet was thin and fit nicely, with a sweet honey scent. There was a bit of tack after removal, but my skin felt nourished and hydrated so I wouldn't hesitate to use again. 

All four of these were winners in the end!

@quspork each and every mask has completely peaked my interest!!

All of these sound just great @quspork .  It's tempting me to buy a few! 

That's why this thread is both fun and dangerous, @missjeanie... my list of "Ohhh that looks nice, guess I need to try it" just keeps growing haha!

@quspork I LOVE how the Milky Piggy Power Ranger mask sounds!!! The tack doesnโ€™t even scare me, just added it to my list to try๐Ÿฅฐ

I've been pretty pleased with the Elizavecca products I've tried so far, @eshoe and I'm glad this was no exception. 

@quspork  Oh my goodness, these all really sound sooo great! Love a good honey/propolis mask! I have never seen that A'pieu multi-step mask, but now I think I'll have to hunt it down! I don't usually like all the steps in a multi-step mask either - so I'm glad to hear this one was an exception!

Love the sound of the sweet honey scent of the Elizavecca mask - another one I need to look out for! So happy these all turned out so great for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yes, that A-pieu was a nice surprise, @Shosh85. I usually love their masks so figured the 3-step was worth and try and it was definitely worth it!

@quspork, completely hear ya on the Lovemore masks; I really do enjoy them - the mask, the results. I pulled out a couple that I have left over in my stash and had a similar thought "why don't I use you more?" 

That Elizavecca mask looks good. ๐Ÿ˜ I have one or two masks from that same collection, but that honey one looks and sounds wonderful! My skin loves a good honey or propolis mask! ๐Ÿฏ

It's so hard to go wrong with those honey masks, @itsfi! I did also pick up the fruits deep and tea tree from that line recently so hopefully they're good performers as well. Which ones do you have waiting in the wings?

You speak the truth @quspork! Honey masks are wonderful! ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ

I have the milk, fruits and ginseng versions waiting. I havenโ€™t really tried many Elizavecca sheet masks so I was heartened to hear you liked this one. ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is the last of last week's M masks, with a chocolate-themed M for Mmmmm... 

M - best fitting - mmmm.jpg

Wash Off Mask:
Spoiler
The luxuriously thick Farmhouse Fresh Sundae Best Chocolate Softening Mask has a pudding like consistency, smells deliciously of chocolate, and is chock full of amazing skincare ingredients, including: 
  • 2 types of clay - kaolin and bentonite
  • hydrators and moisturizing oils - honey, coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, macadamia oil
  • antioxidants - cacao, coQ10, ginseng extract, carrot cells
  • vitamins - A, C & E

While it smells good enough to eat, I definitely would recommend that you not do so - the decadent chocolate scent your nose picks up that causes a smile to wash across your face does not translate the same way on your taste buds. Trust me on this one. 

10-15 minutes is all you need for this mask to work its charms. As with most wash off masks, I suggest jumping into the shower to rinse it off. I experienced some tingling with this mask - nothing so strong to make me think I should remove the mask immediately, but enough to make me pay attention to how long I kept it on, which was about 15 minutes. By that time, the mask was starting to dry but had not fully dried down. My skin looked a bit flushed after I washed off the mask, but that's not altogether uncommon for me; and the redness faded away. I did not experience any tightness or dryness from the clay, but my complexion looked more clear and bright after removing the mask. My face felt slightly more firm around my eyes and it had a nice supple, plumpness to it, and looked and felt fresh and hydrated. 
Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
XOY Dark Choco Mask is a very pale beige-dijon mustard (without the seeds) yellow hued, soft, maybe microfiber mask that is drenched in a thick-ish, goopy, stringy, cream serum that has the very slightest and subtlest hints of a milk (vs dark) chocolate scent. I know that some here have found the CosRx Snail Mucin to be very stringy. Well, if you think that's stringy, this is 10x stringier (is that even a word?) than the CosRx essence. I don't mind the stringy-ness here; it does mean it takes some time for the serum to fully absorb and that there will be a tacky feel as you press or pat the serum into the skin to help with its absorption. All this to say, this is not a mask to use if you are in a hurry. 

Adherence was good and fit, well, unbeknownst to me at the time I put this masking sesh together, the fit on this one is perfect for last week's "best fitting mask" ~ thank you @PrettyPaint; I didn't know if I'd get in a mask to fit ๐Ÿ˜‰ that challenge them, but this one doe the trick. It's not to say the mask is a perfect fit but it's a very good one for the size and shape of my face and my facial features. It's long at the chin (2 inches), just the slightest bit too wide at the temples, but the openings for the eyes and mouth were such that while slight incisions would make it better, I didn't have to (and did not) make any cuts to the either openings. Results-wise, this mask is a great example of dewy, glowy hydration!
Lip Care:
Spoiler
Both these lip balms smell yummy. Hurraw Chocolate Lip Balm is smooth and creamy. The scent reminds me more of cacao than say, a chocolate bar. The balm itself has a brown tint but that doesn't show up on the lips. Crate 61 Organics Chocolate Lip Balm has a rich, buttery consistency that glides beautifully on the lips; this one smells deliciously of chocolate. Both these balms are great; but, if I had to choose one, I'd go with the Crate 61 balm - it's creamier and more nourishing, and the smell!!!! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi where can I buy the farmhouse mask?? Asking for a friend ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lol @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I picked it up from skincarerx dot com but it looks like they no longer carry the brand. ๐Ÿคจ You can find them direct farmhousefreshgoods dot com - itโ€™s a dangerous site. QVC also carries some products from the brand as well. Happy shopping ... to your friend. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Thank you thank you!! @itsfi ๐Ÿค—

That dark choco mask is familiar @itsfi- but I donโ€™t recall the string ones, thankfully. When you say it is even more so than the CosRx, yikes! My niece has a pet snail that she named โ€˜Swirlie,โ€™ and I canโ€™t look at it without thinking about skincare. Or how pure it might be from the source๐Ÿ˜†

@eshoe, what a cute name for your nieceโ€™s pet snail. ๐ŸŒ 

@itsfi  Oooh, chocolate! I think I need that Sundae mask like now! Haha! It sounds so good! .... and even though I thoroughly trust your judgment, I don't think I'd be able to help myself with taking a lick! Ha! Probably good that I don't own this one! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I've tried a couple chocolate scented masks and couldn't control myself with those either. ๐Ÿ˜†

The sheet mask sounds super interesting! I'm well aware of how stringy the CosRx is, so now I'm super curious about this one. I think I would've preferred/hoped for a chocolate scent, but a milk scent isn't so bad either!

I LOVE the sound of the Crate 61 lippie! A buttery consistency and a chocolate scent sounds like heaven! I don't think I'd be able to stop licking my lips! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿซ 

So happy these all turned out wonderfully for you!

Hahaha @Shosh85! If you pick up the Farmhouse Fresh chocolate sundae mask and do a taste test, just be sure to have something chocolate-y nearby. ๐Ÿซ Er, so you can compare it to what it should taste like. Yeah, that's it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Oh, I meant that the sheet mask tasted very vaguely of milk chocolate (not dark chocolate like the mask's name). But I will make sure to try all different kinds of chocolate the next time I use the mask. For science, of course. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I must be so used to snail mucin or the CosRx snail mucin essence because I don't find it stringy at all. Hahaha! ๐Ÿคฃ When I was pressing in the excess serum, the lightbulb totally went off and I thought "ohhh, I wonder if this is what folks mean by 'stringy'?" Now I know. ๐Ÿ˜Š

The Crate 61 chocolate lip balm is so good! ๐Ÿซ I've been hoarding it but did a declutter of my lip balms and that was one that not going anywhere other than on my lips! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Have you tried the CosRx Advanced Snail 92 All in one Cream? That one is pretty stringy to me and I actually find it to be more stringy than the essence. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85, so I pulled out my DS of that CosRx cream. I agree that the cream is stringy and more so than the essence. The XOY dark choco mask is more stringy than the cream. Speaking of the cream, did you find it moisturizing enough on its own? It could be that my skin is extra dehydrated and dry right now, but Iโ€™ve used it for the past few days and I donโ€™t find it moisturizing enough. ๐Ÿค” Just curious what your experience with it has been. 

testing