Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi   I think I need to try this stringy milk chocolate sheet mask ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am super curious! 
I definitely agree the cream isn't moisturizing enough on it's own, which is why I usually layer it with something. I'll be interested to see how it does in the summer. ๐Ÿค”

Ah, I see. Iโ€™ll also be interested to see how the cream holds up in the summer @Shosh85! My skin leans oilier then but is also dehydrated so I can see the CosRx cream coming in handy. Iโ€™ll include my FS in the summer rotation. 

If you try the XOY chocolate mask, ๐Ÿซ  would love to know your thoughts on it. I think the stringy-ness works in its favor! 

@Shosh85, I haven't tried the cream but I have a full size and DS of it. I'll have to give it a try. 

The chocolate mask looks super interesting @itsfi ! The stringy thing sounds weird though! 

@Kim888, it was a bit odd for me, but mainly because I don't know, for some reason, I don't find snail mucin super stringy? But the essence / serum from this mask certainly was. Not in a bad way; just meant more pressing / patting of the serum into the skin. I've used other XOY masks (an eggplant one) and it had a completely different consistency. I have another one of this dark choco one and I've made a note on the back of it to check for "stringiness". ๐Ÿ˜

This looks like a delicious lineup, @itsfi but I love the caution on not actually trying to taste the Sundae Chocolate mask haha. 

Haha @quspork! Gotta make sure us maskers are forewarned!! It tasted like I would expect something with actives and enzymes to taste - not good! ๐Ÿ˜‚  At least, I had some actual chocolate to nibble on to mask ๐Ÿคฃ the taste.

N is for nourishing

80FF7368-2563-4403-8DB5-6F3E019E4EDD.jpeg

Spoiler

Cosmetea Black Tea Mask

This is a thin cotton sheet mask that was saturated with a white milky serum. The scent was mostly black tea, but I feel like I got a few random whiffs of floral too.

The fit was very good and was only a little too long at the chin. The adherence was good and it was comfortable to wear the 35 minutes I had it on. There was some slightly sticky tack and it took about 45 minutes for the tackiness to completely go away, which makes me curious to try it as a primer. My skin definitely felt soothed and moisturized and also had some shine/glow to it.

I really enjoyed this one and will be happy to use up the ones I have! If it not for having a ton of these still, I probably would consider repurchasing.

FAF89D2B-A26B-4CCD-A6ED-EB34835F7368.jpeg

@Shosh85 I did like this one too!! Happy to see it make its way back on the thread 

@lmaster Glad to hear you like it too! The green tea one from the same line is good as well, and I definitely think both are great everyday masks! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ooooh, I had forgotten about the serum in this one, @Shosh85. Like @quspork mentioned, a great everyday mask โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Yeah, the milky serum feels so nice! Definitely a great everyday kind of mask! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This one sounds lovely, @Shosh85. I haven't tried this version but have found that most other Cosmetea masks have been nice hydrating "everyday" masks. Glad to hear this wasn't an exception. 

@quspork  I've only tried a few Cosmetea masks, but I agree they make great everyday masks! Would definitely love to try more! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, ooof!! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I know floral scents donโ€™t agree with you; this one probably wasnโ€™t too bad if you kept it on, yes? Whoa! ๐Ÿ˜ณ It took 45 minutes for the tack to completely disappear?!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ The final results sound wonderful - Iโ€™m all for soothed, moisturized and dewy skin! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  I actually liked the scent - It smelled mostly like Black Tea to me. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I know I could just put moisturizer on, but tack never bothers me, so I just like to test it and see how long it lasts. Next time I'll definitely have to try it as a primer! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I love that you test out how long the tack lasts @Shosh85 - you are a dedicated masker, my friend! I don't mind tack, either; I find it helpful most of the time - good for really gripping my next skincare products or makeup. ๐Ÿ˜

M is for magnificently moisturizing masks

More M's - Moonshot Moonbright MaskMore M's - Moonshot Moonbright Mask

Moonshot Moonbright Mask is a soft, very thin microfiber sheet mask coated in a slightly sweet, slightly earthy floral-scented, light-but-rich creamy essence. Adherence is wonderful, and fit along the perimeter and at the corners of the eyes and mouth can be adjusted for a more tailored fit. This mask claims to moisturize, brighten, and tone the skin. I'm not sure about that latter claim, but it definitely moisturizes and brightens. My skin felt soft, smooth and very nourished after having this mask on for my usual half hour. My complexion also had a fresh, bright, dewy radiance to it. This is a love and an absolute repurchase . . . once I figure out where I picked it up. ๐Ÿค”

M - Dr Belmeur moisturizing.jpg

The Face Shop Dr. Belmeur Mild Derma Deep Moisturizing Mask is a fresh, floral-and-citrus scented, cream serum soaked gauze-y mask that beautifully clings to the skin in a soft, cozy, nourishing embrace, soothing and moisturizing it along the way for, in my case, an half hour. My only regret is that I waited so long to use this wonderful sheet mask. A definite repurchase.

Hmmm, the scent on the Moonbright sounds intriguing @itsfi. Earthy can be so soothing. The Dr. Belmeur also sounds familiar, going to have to check that one out as well.

@eshoe, the scent on the Moonbright mask was a nice one!

@itsfi  Oh nice, 2 great masks! Love that they both have creamy serums ๐Ÿ˜ I've never heard of/seen that Moonbright mask! It sounds wonderful- moisturizing and brightening is a great combo!

2 Replies
testing