Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I'm glad this one is a win! I have a few of them in my stash lol.

@Samtian, it's easy to accumulate a few of these animated animal masks. This one was really refreshing! Loved the hydration it gave me. ๐Ÿ˜ I have another one that I plan to set aside for the summer - the cooling feel will come in handy as will the hydrating aspect. ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi  Mammal totally works! Love your creativity ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Awe, this one sounds great, and even better that it's cute! It does seem that out of all their masks, the character masks generally fit the best. So happy this one worked out so well.... guess you just needed to chill out ๐Ÿ˜†

Hahaha! Happy to have to chill out, @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜† I really wanted to use this one so I had to put the little noggin ๐Ÿง  to work for the M tie-in. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi awww super cute design!! I love a good cooling mask,, this one will be great for the summer too

TCS is sometimes off the mark with its animal mask design but this is good. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ You are absolutely right, @lmaster - this will make a fantastic mask for the summer! ๐ŸŒž 

M is for Madecassoside

947FDC1F-A43D-48F0-B669-F32D222BAE2D.jpeg

Spoiler

A'pieu Madecassoside Gauze Mask

Material:

Thin gauze

Serum:

Clear, watery

Scent:

A light, sort of a sweet floral kind of scent.

Fit:

Just a little long at the chin. Super comfortable.

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Light and stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

Brighter, hydrated, soft and smooth skin

Repurchase?

Yes, this one is now added to my repurchase list! I love gauze masks and I love that this one also had several of my favorite ingredients in the first half of the list! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I wouldn't say I loved the scent, but it wasn't bad at all either, and the great results make up for it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

310A16DC-B540-4640-ADDA-7EE447106136.jpeg

Well this looks like another lovely one to add to the short list, @Shosh85

@eshoe I'll definitely be picking up more of these soon! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 Definitely sounds like a winner!

@Samtian  Yup, definitely one I need more of! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Sounds great @Shosh85 ! Gauze masks are really so comfy to wear!!

@Kim888  Love gauze! I agree they're so comfy and breathable! I'm always on the lookout for anything with "gauze" in the title! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This one does have great ingredients! And gauze @Shosh85 sounds like a winner

@lmaster  Yup, it's a winner in my book! It seems like a good one for all seasons too ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, you had me at โ€œthin gauze.โ€ ๐Ÿ˜ The results sound amazing! โ™ฅ๏ธ This collection is a very popular one for APieu. This mask is going on my โ€œmust tryโ€ list.

@itsfi  The gauze was the first thing that attracted to me to this mask, but I have also heard great things about Madecassoside. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Definitely one I'd like to have back ups of!

@Shosh85, thatโ€™s a sign of a good mask - that you want back ups of it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I forgot to ask in my previous post - was the scent strong?

@itsfi  It was pretty light and the slight sweetness made the floral part not so bad ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ahhh, good to know @Shosh85! Good to hear that it's a subtle scent, too. I'm finding that for floral scents in sheet masks, subtle is better for me. You're not a huge fan of floral scents, right? With the fruit scents and the honey ones, I'm all for those being more pronounced, but not artificial scents. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  Yeah, I would have to say floral is my least favorite scent, especially if it's a perfumy floral ๐Ÿคข

1 Reply
testing