Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe impressive for sure!! Especially if you immediately checked its availability ๐Ÿ˜†

Well I was expecting my heart to be broken but that wasnโ€™t the case, @lmaster ๐Ÿ˜‚ Another add-on to my list. The drawer is getting empty enough now that the masks are no longer packed tightly, but tipping over. Yay for room and (soon enough) new masks!!!

@eshoe too funny!!! ๐Ÿ™Œ Yaaaaaaay for new masks!!

@eshoe, itโ€™s always nice that a mask you love is still available. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

True, true @itsfi โ˜บ๏ธ 

@eshoe  The sheet mask sounds so nice! Happy to hear you loved it! The Wishful scrub sounds nice too, minus the scent. A cleaner smell has never been a favorite of mine ๐Ÿ˜ฌ  I have a few of these samples, so it's good to have a heads up! 

Iโ€™ve had the sample for awhile now, @Shosh85 - it sadly kept getting passed over. It seemed pretty effective, just...my Mom used 409 and it was never a favorite scent of mine๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธWe are kind of spoiled with all the the Ms. Meyers/Method/etc. scents now!

Oh the Radiant sounds really lovely, @eshoe. I've got a sample of the Wishful one around here too, can't wait to try it out. 

If it is a newer sample, I am curious about the scent, @quspork. I think mine was nearing a year? It wasnโ€™t so strong I couldnโ€™t handle it, but kind of not pleasant, if that makes any sense!

My mask this week was the Tiaki Deeply Hydrating fwea mask ( *face but George typed that so I thought I'd leave it.) This was a really good hydrating mask! I love it. 

Not my pic-

m_6037ea14275e554f12e84fcf

Love a good hydrating mask any day!! @Samtian so cute your cat is helping you type ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster I love hydrating masks. Yeah he loves to help lol.

@Samtian  Awe, was George "helping?" ๐Ÿฑ Glad the mask worked out nice for you! 

@Shosh85 Yeah...he's such a good helper.

This one sounds nice, @Samtian 

@quspork It is! I'm glad I have a few more.

@Samtian is George a cat?

C096E83E-24BC-48AF-8635-B7188F3E0E8D.gif

โ€ƒ

@eshoe Oh I need a baby like that!! Yep George is one of our Weasley twin kittens.

@Samtian, at first I thought "ohhhh, what kind of ingredient is fwea?" Hahahaha! Nice work, George!!! ๐Ÿ˜ I like the sound of "deeply hydrating" ~ happy to hear this was a love for you!

@itsfi Haha thank you, must be something from New Zealand. 

Closed out last week's masking with a L for love, loss and last. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜ข

tcfs.jpg

I'm pretty sure Tennyson did not have Too Cool For School Coconut Ceramide Mask in mind when he wrote " 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." but I can't help but feel such a message is fitting for this, my very last Too Cool For School Coconut Ceramide Mask. <<cue the dramatic background music>> ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ

This is one of my all-time favorite sheet masks (L for Love). Sadly, it has been discontinued for some time it seems, at least a year, maybe two? (L for Loss). This is my last backup (L for Last), and this will be my last goodbye to it. Unless of course TCFS brings it back, which I would completely be on board with!  As I'm sure others would too - am I right, @Shosh85?

Spoiler
What I Liked: Skin looks and feels rested, refreshed, dewy and very hydrated after half an hour with this super soft, incredibly thin cotton sheet saturated in a clear, light, watery fresh-scented essence. ๐Ÿ’–

Area(s) for Improvement: Bring. It. Back. Please. 

My Two Cents: Alas, the love affair is over. Sigh. 

One More Thing . . . 
Spoiler
This was not only the last of my beloved TCFS Coconut Ceramide Mask, it was the last mask I needed to use in order to reach my target number for my sheet mask library. Having used this mask, I am now holding at 80 sheet masks (probably less by the time I get this post up since I used this one last week). It's a modern miracle that took me 2 years, several sheet mask no-buys, multiple months of double masking (thank you so much for inspiring that @missjeanie!), and numerous masks gifted to friends and coworkers, to make possible. But here we are. Or were, as of last week. ๐Ÿ˜‰  80 sheet masks.

The plan going forward (for now, at least) is to keep my total number of sheet masks in my mask library to no more than 80. Over the next couple of months though, I will also be making an effort to hold off on purchasing sheet masks until my supply reaches 30 sheet masks (the exception being that I'll pick up a few sheet masks during the upcoming spring sale), at which time, I can make a large sheet mask haul(s), if I want to. I'm pretty sure I'll want to. ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Reply
testing