Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Awww, thank you @missjeanie! Yeah, 100. I can just imagine the looks on the faces of non-maskers here if I said 100 sheet masks. They'd think I was nuts. I'm not saying I'm not nuts, but not because I think 100 is a nice round number of sheet masks. Hahaha! ๐Ÿคฃ I felt like if I left it at 100, too easy to just go over that if there was a sheet mask that caught my eye. Y'all are the only ones who understand. 

Oh I understand all too well @itsfi  lol.  I'll be happy if I'm under 500 at the end of the year at the rate I was collecting for a couple of years there!

You can do it @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ‘Š I know you can . . . and will!!! Just have to keep chipping away at it. You got this! 

@itsfi I'm curious how many companies ever bring back discontinued products.  I can't think of anything I've ever liked that was brought back.

@greeneyedgirl107, yes, sadly not many. Herbivore Bakuchiol serum was discontinued. They had so many people asking to bring it back that the company looked into a way to reformulate it. They brought it back, in a reformulation, last year. 

There are a lot of Korean brands that produce sheet masks and then there are non Korean brands that make sheet masks too that the market has so many options (and competitors) out there. Itโ€™s been a while since this mask was discontinued so itโ€™s not likely that itโ€™ll return, but I keep holding out hope! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ Itโ€™s just so good!

Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL 

@itsfi  I was SOO SAD when I found out this one was discontinued! Not only is it my most favorite mask from the brand, it's just a favorite in general. My heart can't take any more of these discontinuations! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Oh my goodness, congratulations on reaching your sheet mask goal! That's super impressive! I'd be happy to just get down to 200 ๐Ÿ˜‚

Wholeheartedly agree @Shosh85! This was such a good one - perfect all year round for me. ๐Ÿ’– I thought about holding onto it until the expiration date but didn't want to chance it drying out. Not a problem though as this was, even a month away from the expiration date, so full of the essence. Oh my gosh, tell me about it. I hear that a line or specific mask I really like, or even love, is being discontinued and I just feel so . . .  deflated. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ I understand it needs to be done, but it just seems like so many of them all at once. Sigh. 

Awww, thank you! I went through the bulk of what was in my collection last year. I go back and forth whether I want to double mask until the day before the spring sale - that would get me down to 50 sheet masks, but I don't know if I have the discipline in me to do it over the next couple of weeks. We'll see, I might take it easy and just see how it goes. It does feel good to get to that number. Now, I just need to be extra mindful about not making huge hauls and not accumulating so many sheet masks. Easier said than done! ๐Ÿ˜

Last nightโ€™s was intended for โ€˜M,โ€™ but happily snuggled right into the theme for the week of most comfortable mask, too!

07F57C2B-AE1B-4CE3-A40C-39D94E8BCF9D.jpeg

Spoiler
The Leahlani Meli Glow Illuminating Nectar Mask from the Mask Magic Kit is touted as an โ€˜Illuminating, Plumping & Moisturizingโ€™ mask. Most importantly, it has a berry scent- like strawberry or raspberry jam. Delicious! Hawaiian raw honey is the main ingredient, and it is sticky. I accidentally pulled my headband down, releasing my bangs into the mess. Itโ€™s like getting honey in your hair; funny, but not fun to get outโ˜บ๏ธ 

I left it on around 15 minutes, and found it easy to rinse off. I noticed little granules in removing it that I hadnโ€™t when applying it to my skin. It is a bit of a challenge to apply as it feels like a thick paste. My skin seems smoother after using this, but mostly I enjoy it for the sensory experience. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler

MASK

*HONEY (RAW HAWAIIAN), KAOLIN (ROSE CLAY), ROSE CANINA (ROSEHIPS), SODIUM HYALURONATE (HYALURONIC ACID), HELIANTHUS ANNUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, EUTERPE OLERACEA (ACAI) FRUIT OIL, *PASSIFLORA EDULIS (PASSIONFRUIT) SEED OIL, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) SEED OIL, **FRAGARIA VESCA (STRAWBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE (VITAMIN C ESTER), **PSIDIUM GUAJAVA (GUAVA) FRUIT EXTRACT, LEUCONOSTOC FERMENT FILTRATE, AQUA, MUSA SAPIENTUM (BANANA) FRUIT EXTRACT, **CITRUS PARADISI (GRAPEFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRACT, **AVERRHOA CARAMBOLA (STARFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRACT, CLAY (KAOLIN), ***PARFUM, ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL

*ORGANIC **WILDCRAFTED ***PROPRIETARY BLEND OF 100% NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS, FRUIT AND PLANT EXTRACTS.

So excited that the Biossance is now available in a tube! When I finish my first FS Laneige, Biossance Squalane+ Rose Vegan Lip Balm 0.51 oz/ 15 mL will be next on the list. I am hoping the consistency is the same.

Finally, the Missha Mascure Propolis mask seemed perfect for โ€˜Mโ€™ week (thank you @Shosh85 for this beauty!). When I opened it, I was delighted to find a very unique scent that was familiar but I couldnโ€™t place it. Peppery honey? It was so good. There was plenty of rich, milky serum, enough to reapply to my forehead and cheeks. The mask itself is like a cozy, reading chair blanket and adhered to my skin for a good 30 minutes before reluctantly removing. There was only minimal tack, and interestingly, the areas where the mask covered my skin were slightly lighter than where it hadnโ€™t. I immediately went online to find out where I can replenish this one:) Missha is one of my favorite brands, and this confirmed it once again. 

Note: The package lacked an English translation for ingredients, but Google translate treated me to this:
171F72D4-4BA3-4C22-B1E7-9D518C89C869.jpegF2A1B149-E67A-4E86-9A05-6783CB40466A.jpeg

Everything about this one sounds fabulous! @eshoe 

@eshoe Those sound like really great winners!

@eshoe  That Leahani mask sounds so nice.  I dig the sticky wash offs lol

@eshoe  Everything looks lovely, but I am especially intrigued by the Leahlani Meli Glow Illuminating Nectar Mask. ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe  I honestly didn't love the scent on the sheet mask, (I picked up more floral than anything) but I really loved the results. I'm so happy it worked out great for you too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@eshoe, here are the ingredients for the sheet mask, from Missha's US site (misshaus dot com):

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Water, Butylene Glycol, Propolis Extract, Honey Extract, Water, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Aniba Rosodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Water, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Ceramide NP, Sodium Hyaluronate, Adenosine, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Trehalose, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Carbomer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tromethamine, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Water, Sorbitan Isostearate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Water, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA

@Shosh85 

One for Vitamins week

IMG_20210319_104907716.jpg

• โ€ƒthis was more of a medium thickness sheet, it fit my face really well, the chin did have issues staying in place
  • Clear serum in the package, a little extra
  • I don't recall any strong or noticable scent with this particular mask
  • Wear time was 15 minutes
  • My skin felt nicely moisturized and looked less dull ๐Ÿ™Œ no lasting tackiness
  • I do like this brand, but this one didn't wow me enough to want to seek it out, but I'd use it if I received itIMG_20210319_104911205.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster, I *think* I may have tried this Purlisse one in the early days of masking. Agree that it was nice, but not a standout mask. The watermelon mask remains my top choice from the brand, from a results and scent perspective! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‰

@itsfi yes the watermelon scent definitely helps boost my preference for it ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  I haven't tried this one yet, but I absolutely loved the watermelon one! Sorry this one wasn't super impressive. 

@Shosh85 I love the watermelon version too and the charcoal ๐Ÿ‘

The โ€˜less dullโ€™ part sounds good, @lmaster! Iโ€™ve tried this one too, and remember not being overly impressed by it. Still...I think a mediocre masking > no masking at all๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe haha!! Very true!! 

1 Reply
testing