Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

This brand seems to work well for you, @heartsmyface - I remember you enjoyed the turquoise one with the Pearl, too! The sake scent makes me a *little* hesitant, it seems like that can go off after awhile. But this reminded me of the fun sake-beer combos with cheap happy hour sushi ๐Ÿฃ  

@heartsmyface  Popping the packet sounds annoying, but I'm glad it was worth it! Those results sound great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Iโ€™m all for a stronger skin barrier and a Tencel sheet mask, @heartsmyface. Iโ€™ll even put up with wrestling with the packet for those results. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜† It all seems like it would be so easy and then I find myself still struggling to pop the packet after a good 5 minutes of trying! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Soft plum skin sounds fabulous! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Got more vitamins in this week thanks to @Kim888's mask of the week theme. ๐Ÿ˜‰  And a couple of "L" treats as well. ๐Ÿ˜€

L - vitamins week collage.png

Vitamin masks, Round 2 - I've used each of these masks before and thought I'd give them another go. My overall thoughts remained relatively the same with each of these masks this second time around. Of these four, my favorite is the one from The Face Shop (bottom right).

Purlisse Coconut + Rice Nourishing Sheet Mask
Spoiler
The Purlisse Coconut + Rice Nourishing Sheet Mask is chock full of vitamins as a result of its two star ingredients - coconut flesh is high in vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6. Rice is a good source of vitamin B9 (folate) and vitamin E.  Despite the material being slightly thicker than your standard sheet mask (and even though this mask was probably close to the end of its shelf life), this mask wore pretty well. It lightly hydrated and moisturized the skin and left it ever so slightly brighter.  This is a mask I'd use again (though I would pay more attention to using it well before its expiration date as my initial use of this mask over a year ago yielded more noticeable results), but I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to pick it up - the mask itself is fine enough; there are just other sheet masks I like better.  
Laneige Water Pocket Sheet Mask (Clear-C):
Spoiler
This masking also fit the letter of the week theme, with a "L" for Laneige and Lush. Laneige Water Pocket Sheet Mask Clear-C contains extracts of two vitamin C  superfoods - acerola and acai. The material on this one is great - soft and ultra thin. It holds a lot of the clear, slightly viscous, very light floral-scent. My complexion appeared slightly brighter after an half hour but not much more so to make this one stand apart from other brightening masks. These sheet masks seem to have faded away, both at Sephora and on Laneige's US and international sites, which is too bad; there were a couple of masks within the collection I really enjoyed. 

Sephora Collection Clean Face Mask (Grapefruit):

Spoiler
Grapefruit is rich in vitamin C. The soft, thin untreated Eucalyptus fiber material of the Sephora Collection Clean Face Mask (Grapefruit) adheres well and wears comfortably. I've experienced some tingling both times, though less so this time. The clear, viscous gel-like, grapefruit scented essence leaves my skin hydrated, but I didn't notice any results for its purifying and perfecting claims. This mask isn't bad, but it's not my favorite from the new clean line of masks.
The Face Shop Ryan Jeju Aloe Fresh Icy Soothing Face Mask
Spoiler
The Face Shop Ryan Jeju Aloe Fresh Icy Soothing Face Mask is another mask that can fall within both of this week's mask themes. L for lion? You're lyin'!! ๐Ÿ˜†  Aloe, the star ingredient, contains vitamins A, B9, B12, C, and E.  I love that this mask comes in 2 pieces and that it is incredibly thin and soft while holding a creamy-milky serum. It feels cool and refreshing on the skin. Would make a great mask after a long day outside in the sun. The character Ryan is supposed to be a lion. I am still not at all convinced about that. Ryan is the most bear-like lion I have ever seen.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Grapefruit 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Balm & Scrub Tangerine 

LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm Grapefruit 

Ryan is so fierce huh!! I totally would of thought bear too ๐Ÿคฃ @itsfi 

@lmaster, I keep thinking "Lion? What am I missing?" ๐Ÿ˜‚ I even polled some kiddoes about this. They all said, "that's a bear" with varying degrees of judgment towards me and my "what do you think about this lion?" Hahaha! ๐Ÿคฃ 

Hmmmm, that is a very suspicious-looking lion, @itsfi๐ŸฅธThat is such a shame about the Laneige masks from that line; some were excellent.

@eshoe, Laneige may bring back the Water Pocket Sheet Masks, at some point, in whole or part. They released a limited edition one in a set for its collab with the Netflix To All The Boys I've Loved Before. Their international site has a couple selection of sheet masks and it seems like they are in the midst of some rebranding, as well as reformulations to some of their products, so we may see more sheet masks, including the water pack series, from them again, whether in the US or elsewhere.

@itsfi  Umm, Ryan totally looks like bear! I still don't see how they can call him a lion ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿค” Glad to hear you liked this one! I got the soothing version and I hope it's as good as this one! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The soothing version looks good @Shosh85! Iโ€™ll be interested in hearing your thoughts on it. Always nice to have a good soothing mask on hand! Yeah, I really donโ€™t get the lion ๐Ÿฆthing. I look at the packaging and I see a bear! ๐Ÿป 

L is for Lassieel, lotion and leave in 

Spoiler
So I thought this was my first time using the deep focus mask but upon use I realized I had done it before. Itโ€™s an interesting mask where the patches dissolve with the mask use. Itโ€™s scentless, well saturated and has a good fit. Overall, I donโ€™t really think it had any particular impact on dark circles, but it was non tacky and my skin felt hydrated. 

Iโ€™ve also been using the Ouai leave in conditioner. I really like this one and itโ€™s only second to the briogeo one for me! It definitely helps with hydration and frizz .

and I just really like the scent of the Kiehls one! 

17A89F57-B0DD-4EF4-9653-F3A626DB0B74.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I've not heard of one like this @Kim888 very interesting!

@Kim888 Karuna had a mask like that, where the eye patches dissolved. They felt like just super-thin biocell. 

That Kiehlโ€™s scent is my favorite๐Ÿ’•!!!

@eshoe I'm so obsessed with it - I have the shower gel too and I love it

@Kim888  Ooh, I like the sound of patches that dissolve! I bet they would be great for travel - perfect for masking-while-driving or masking-while-flying ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿš—โœˆ๏ธ

@Kim888, I'm all for hydrated under eyes, especially with allergies in the spring, and the patches dissolving with use of the mask is just fascinating! ๐Ÿ˜

L is for Last Choice

Thanks to the lovely @eshoe for sending me this one!

584FDCCB-0A0B-480E-8247-5129E1A0D48D.jpeg

Spoiler

When The Last Choice Sheet Mask

This is a medium thickness biocellulose sheet mask that was saturated with a white milky essence. It had a pleasant sweet citrusy/orange scent that was very similar to how OH Power Bright smells. The fit was almost perfect - it was just a smidge too long at the jawline. It was very comfortable to wear and the adherence was great, except for the chin part that wouldn't stay put if I moved my mouth. I kept it on for about a half hour. There was a little tack after removing, but absorbed in about 10 minutes. My face looked little brighter/less dull, had a nice glow, felt lightly hydrated, soft and smooth and so refreshed.

I'm not thrilled this has alcohol in it, but at least it's further down in the list. I loved this one and it happens to be my favorite from the line. I will definitely repurchase when I'm out.

202CA777-5700-4BC3-AE73-2AD954BC0E17.jpeg

I love this one, @Shosh85 ! I have a box that has just expired, so I am trying to use them up quickly, but I love the results.

@l8totheparty  This really is such a great brand! Good job using yours up despite the expiration - definitely worth it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh the orange scent sounds perfect!! @Shosh85 

@lmaster  I loved it! Everything about this mask is great! ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

14 Replies
testing