Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@heartsmyface  Love that you're color coordinated! The lip mask doesn't sound super impressive but I love the design and a watermelon scent sounds nice!

The Wander eye masks are one my favorites! Glad to hear you enjoy them too ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oh a light watermelon scent on the lip mask sounds nice @heartsmyface 

@heartsmyface, I hear ya about the hydration around the lips from lip masks like these. The print on the lip mask is really cute though. Reminds me that I have a similar lip mask to maybe reach for. The Wander under eye masks are great - I used to keep at least a couple of them in my travel bag. 

That is a fancy-looking lip mask, @heartsmyface!

Got my vitamins in earlier this week, thanks to @Kim888's great masking challenge. 

Cucumber, a source of vitamin K, took center stage for Monday's after-work "time out". ๐Ÿ˜‰

When I think "cucumber", I think "refreshing" and I was looking for a little refreshment Monday night.When I think "cucumber", I think "refreshing" and I was looking for a little refreshment Monday night.

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
Generally speaking, I prefer the original Biobelle sheet masks. Most of the newer masks from the brand fall short when compared to the original versions. There are, however, a couple of sheet masks from the new range that I don't mind and like even; one being this Biobelle #FreshPop Facial Mask Tones and Refreshes with Cucumber & Kiwi Extract, an ultra thin Botanic TMF Fiber mask (i.e., eucalyptus pulp mask that resembles Tencel) saturated in a clear, watery but not runny essence that has a subtle fresh scent to it. Adherence is great and fit can be tailored with a few cuts and adjustments here and there, including for me at the corners of the eyes and mouth, and along the chin and jawline. I didn't experience any of its toning claims but I found that it satisfied its claims to refresh and plump the skin. It also left my skin dewy with hydration, a plus for my dehydrated and dry skin this time of the year. This made for a good choice for unwinding and I could also see it working very well after a long day out in the sun in the warmer months. This is one I would happily use again.

PSA: Biobelle sheet masks are on sale at kohls (dot) com - $2.39, marked down from $3.99. For those who are fans of the older version of the Biobelle sheet masks, there are 3 different varieties  of the older Biobelle masks available online.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
(from ulta (dot) com)

Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Carbomer, Allantoin, Ca eine, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance(Parfum), Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract
Hand Mask:
Spoiler
I don't ordinarily use hand masks because I generally mask while I task, but decided to give myself a 15 minutes break from tasking with this Sephora Collection Clean Hand Mask (Cucumber). These are fine; I like having a couple of these masks on hand (hahaha!) for times when I just want to unwind or as a quick, last minute option to include in a gift bag. This cucumber version is part of the new Sephora Collection Clean line - it smells nice, like cucumber and something else (that I can't pinpoint), and has the cutest cucumber print on them. The serum in this one feels cooling and leaves the slightest bit of tack even after it dries down, which actually works well when following up with a hand cream. These have always made nice gifts and will continue to be repurchased.
L - vitamins - cucumber hand mask.jpg
Lip Care:
Spoiler
Elizabeth W Cucumber Lip Balm smells like ... cucumber - fresh and refreshing, does a decent job of keeping my lips soft and moisturized. One of the brand's storefronts is located in San Francisco's Ghirardelli Square, which is where I discovered it pre-covid while waiting for out-of-town guests to finish their tour of the Bay. Yes, we had ice cream afterwards. Of course we did. It's a nice balm and having reached for this, I'm making a note to see if the storefront is still open; if so, I'd like to go back and pick up some more treats. I meant from the store, not (just) the ice creamery next door! lol.
SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Hand Mask Cucumber 

@itsfi  I still haven't got around to trying that sheet mask, but it's good to hear you enjoyed it! Love a good cucumber mask! ๐Ÿฅ’

If only we could get to all of them at once, right @Shosh85?!! ๐Ÿ˜† Itโ€™s a nice one; itโ€™s one from the newer version that I like.

@itsfi ohhh cucumber does look so refreshing! Great line up

Thank you @lmaster! Cucumber is definitely refreshing! ๐Ÿฅ’ 

What a fun theme, @itsfi! The cucumber balm sounds really refreshing, like it would be great for a warm summer day. 

@quspork, the balm would be great for warm days; I could see this entire trio working out very nicely on a summer's day.

This is from last week (Female-owned brands). That being said, I'm not 100% certain this is female owned, but to the best of my ability it seems to be:

Seolreim Cosmetics: Blooming Cell Pink Peel 2 Step Mask

-It comes with toner (it's just liquid in the package, so I put it on a cotton pad). The toner contains lactic acid. The mask portion contains green tea and honey. The mask fabric was very soft and comfy to wear, and the serum was a bit milky in consistency. My skin felt nice and bouncy and moisturized.

-It didn't have instructions for wear time, so I kept it on for about 20 minutes. 

-I think this is a woman-founded company. It looks like Seolreim Cosmetics was developed by dermatologists in the Seolreim Skin Clinic, which is run by female dermatologists.

1.png2.png

@PrettyPaint  Ahh, milky serum and moisturized bouncy skin sounds so nice! Did it smell like green tea or honey? 

@PrettyPaint sounds like a nice multi step mask

@lmaster  It was good! I always drip the toner out of the foils, though!

Ooh, this sounds like a nice multi-stepper, @PrettyPaint!

@quspork  Thanks so much!

@PrettyPaint, the packaging on this one is beautiful. ๐Ÿ’– I've not heard of this brand but am adding it to my list. Both steps of the mask sound wonderful and your results too!  When the instructions are in Korean, I usually look at the illustrations and what's written in Korean on the reverse side to see if there's any reference to numbers. There's a 10 ~ 20 in the box where the illustrations are located. I was told once that that is usually the recommended wear time for most sheet masks, so your 20 minute wear time was completely on point! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  Oh my goodness - thanks so much for the tip on time. That totally makes sense and is good to know. I usually aim for 20 minutes with most masks, but it's good to have an idea of the recommendation.

This looks sooooo familiar, @PrettyPaint! Do you remember where you found this? It sounds like a lovely mask, green tea + honey ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@eshoe  I am so bad about remembering things like this, but I'm pretty sure this one was from facetory. 

1 Reply
testing