Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Love the reviews @itsfi  Changes like that to the GR mask are what make me want to stock up on products!  

I've actually started to take a gander at hair care as I'm thinking I'll need to do a stock during the spring sale, this Briogio Avocado mask was one I was considering and honestly... I knew the efficacy would be there... but I'm so glad to read that it's a fruity scent.  I love a good scent in my haircare.  

Great job highlighting a bit about the brands as well!

@missjeanie, I was fortunate that the new version with retinol came out while the original was still available and I was able to pick up some backups - this was before my collection of sleeping masks was as ... what's the word... healthy? as it is now. I think back then I may have had just one other sleeping mask. Hahaha! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  Ha!  Healthy!  Using that.  ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Hahahaha @itsfi ... I may have a healthy looking collection as well.

Itโ€™s good to be healthy @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi @Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the hair mask! So funny but this is also sitting in my collection untried because Iโ€™ve been happily using their other two as well! Iโ€™ll have to pull it out and try it 

@Kim888, that is super funny. ๐Ÿ˜ What a coincidence! It's not a bad problem to have at all that we're so happy with two hair masks from the same brand that we don't feel the need to try another mask. My hair really loves all the Briogeo masks I've tried. ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I like how you included info about the founders, that is pretty neat! I don't like the mask that has 4 different types of yuckycado. 1 is bad enough...but 4?!

Hahaha @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜† When I decided on my avocaDO masking theme, it did cross my mind how much you would *luuuv* it. ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฅ‘ How could you not - four forms of avocaDO!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Youโ€™re such a good sport! I have a watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ themed masking session planned for later this week so maybe that will be more of a DO for you. ๐Ÿ˜‰ AvocaDO just works though, samtian! 

@itsfi ๐Ÿ˜„ I like the sound of watermelon!

Itโ€™ll be a very watermelon jolly rancher scented masking session @Samtian! ๐Ÿ‰ Hard to go wrong with that! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@itsfi Definitely!!

More J-Beauty masks from last week.

J Beauty (mask - hearts).jpg

J-Beauty Absolute Precious Hydrating & Anti-Wrinkle Mask:
Spoiler
Material: This is one of the thinnest sheet masks I've ever used. It's delicate and resilient at the same time, too, if that makes sense. Soft, thin, light and delicate, possibly cotton cupra, maybe Tencel. Either way, lovely. Wore extremely comfortably.

Essence: Light, thin, watery. I picked up the absolute faintest of scents. I could not make out specifically what it was, but it seemed to lean on the subtly floral side. The mask was covered but not saturated in the essence. Some parts of the mask held more essence than others. 

Fit:
* Width: noticeably wider than most sheet masks, for my face size and shape at least.

* Length: Too long at chin / jawline (by about 1"); perfect fit at forehead (since I have a larger one, this is probably on the larger side then)

* Eyes: good size-wise, in that it's not too narrow. No incisions needed to inner corners but minor adjustment to the outer corners to keep it from getting too close to eyes and to help the material lay down against the skin. There are also eye flaps to this mask. 

* Nose: Good, no adjustment needed. May not be long enough for some noses.

* Mouth: slight adjustment needed to out corners so that they didn't smoosh my lower lip - I have a poutier lower lip so the shape, size and placement of the mouth hole will likely be fine for most folks. 

Adherence: Good. I didn't have any issues with the mask coming loose or lifting. Air bubbles could be smoothed over easily. Did not become an issue either when I used a quartz roller.

Claim(s): Hydrating and anti-wrinkle

Performance & Results: I'm not sure how I would judge the "anti-wrinkle" claims. I know wrinkles will become more noticeable on my face at some point, but do I know when that will be? No. Not knowing that, how would I know if this fights against that happening? Or delays the onset of it? Hmmm... ๐Ÿค” I'm going to have to think about how to best test that claim.

Now the hydrating claims, well, that I can speak to and my mug was the perfect canvas on which to test it because it had been parched (probably still is right now). Sigh. I'd say this gives light-to-moderate hydration. Not enough hydration on the most dehydrated or driest parts of my face, but there's a lot of excess essence that remains on my forehead in particular (the most "normal" part of my face) after a 20 minute wear time that I can slide on over to the more thirsty dehydrated parts. 

My Two Cents: The thin, soft material of this mask feels so nice on the skin, very relaxing and comforting. I'd happily use this one again, maybe better for me in the spring or summer months. Big 'thank you' to the lovely @heartsmyface for sending this one my way. ๐Ÿ˜˜

J Beauty (peach Ceramide).jpg

BCL Momo Puri Jelly Mask

Spoiler
This thin, soft cotton BCL Momo Puri Jelly Mask adheres wonderfully and wears comfortably on the skin for the entire 40 minutes I left it on. It is soaked, but not drenched or dripping in a refreshing and deliciously peach scented, clear, jelly essence. There's extra essence inside the pouch. Fit can be made to work with a few adjustments to the usual spots - the chin/jawline and the corners of the eyes and mouth. This brand has two sheet masks, this one with a jelly essence and another with a milky jelly essence. Both contain a lactobacillus blend (lactic acid). Where they differ is in the type of peach ceramides included in each mask. The milky jelly version contains peach ceramides, while this jelly essence version contains peach ceramide water. It's hard to go wrong with either version and ultimately, I will repurchase both. Love! โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ Looking forward to hearing your take on this one @Shosh85!

Tarte SEA Glaze Jelly Glaze Anytime Lip Mask:

Spoiler
I paired my masking with the strawberry version of the Tarte SEA Glaze Jelly Glaze Anytime Lip Mask (btw, what's up with the long product names? I'm all for truth in advertising but my goodness! That's a mouthful! ๐Ÿ˜‚). This is a sweet scented, thick but not sticky, goopy or greasy balm that leaves a beautiful, soft hint of color on my lips. It's not super easy to get the product out of the tube, though that may be due, in part, to the size of this particular sample (which by the way, contains a lot of product. I've had this one since the fall of last year and have reached for it at least once per week). A little does go a long way and my lips feel moisturized when I use it. ๐Ÿ’– This lip mask can be purchased separately as well as in a set of 4 different flavors. I've gifted the set a couple of times, either as full set or broken apart and included with other treats and have received good feedback on them. @lmaster, I think it was you (was it you?) who I was talking to about this one? If so, I think it's one you'd like.

tarte SEA Jelly Glaze Anytime Lip Mask Strawberry Jelly 

tarte SEA Jelly Glaze Anytime Lip Mask Set 

@itsfi  Ooops, I just realized I have the other peach mask - their packaging is SO similar! This one sounds great! ๐Ÿ‘

Oh my goodness, too funny... I actually had the opposite results from the J Beauty mask! It made my face incredibly smooth, but a little dry... haha! So weird we had such different results! ๐Ÿค”

@Shosh85, I think you will love the version you have; it has a milky serum! โ™ฅ๏ธ I love them both The packaging is very similar. I think the main difference other than the name is that the one you have has a pale peach hue on the front where this one has white. 

Ohhh, that is funny! Itโ€™s rare that we get such different results from a mask. Weโ€™ll blame my skin ๐Ÿ˜ as itโ€™s been extra sensitive and finicky the last couple of weeks!! 

Yep it was me!! @itsfi those look like a great set

@lmaster, I was surprised, in a good way, about how well this lip mask performed. ๐Ÿ˜ I donโ€™t need more lip balms / lip masks but the set does look good. ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜† 

J is for juxtaposition between a harsh exfoliant treatment and a soothing cream mask.  
The hey honey sweet treat mask smells like berry yogurt (it doesnโ€™t taste like berry yogurt) Itโ€™s creamy with what I thought were little black seeds in it but the โ€˜seedsโ€™ dissolve into the cream as you apply it.  It claims to help restore your skin barrier with wild berry oil, honey and vitamin E.  Its a 20 minute mask youโ€™re just supposed to wipe away the excess of.  My skin appreciated it after the KS exfoliating treatment which Iโ€™m sure everyone knows I like?  It felt harsher than usual but thatโ€™s no surprise with all the protective mask wearing doing the exfoliating for me. I just felt it was time to do an all over skin clarifying.  

4E7992DC-1AC1-40A8-9D49-3362E6B4CC49.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  Yum! That Hey Honey mask sounds wonderful! It's probably a good thing it doesn't taste like berry yogurt too! ๐Ÿ˜‹

The hey honey scent sounds amazing @heartsmyface 

Loving the J theme here @heartsmyface! The Hey Honey mask sounds fantastic! ๐Ÿ˜ I don't need another mask, but I'm still adding it to the list. ๐Ÿ˜‰

2 Replies
testing