Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@heartsmyface, I'm going to move the jar back onto the counter for after-care. ๐Ÿ‘ Maybe I'll try a super simple routine tomorrow and wait for the horse oil to fully absorb before heading out with my mask. It seems every week brings a new skin sensitivity to combat so I'm up for trying most anything.

Iโ€™m doing a large product purge this past few weeks and am on to clay/cream masks now.  J is for just using things up.  

This is my second use of the Glamglow pink gravity mud this week.  The tiny pot had just enough for two generous applications.  Iโ€™ve loved this peel off mask with its light coconuty scent for years in all its variations (I have a few) but itโ€™s time to use them or toss them.  

282D5100-A830-4244-BCEF-87C8A830DB3C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

5DF3F6A0-39A9-4706-8A55-422E310FF2FE.jpeg

@heartsmyface  Oh, I love it! ๐Ÿ’– Glamglow has definitely got some great smelling products! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Yes!!  And Iโ€™m forever appreciative of the little pink spatulas that come with their masks!  I still struggle applying any cream/clay mask smoothly but they help.  

Another +1 on that lovely Glamglow scent, @heartsmyface 

@quspork   The scent should be bottled as a perfume.  

The glamglow smells awesome! @heartsmyface 

@lmaster Yeah the scent carries these.  My skin does feel softer after using them but a lot of other masks do the same thing.  They were one of the first mask brands i ever bought at Sephora if not the first so they carry a little nostalgia.  

What a gorgeous pink @heartsmyface! Love the coconutty scent on the GlamGlow products. Transports you to a tropical getaway! ๐Ÿ˜ 

P.S. Your les Merveilleuses de Laduree collection in the background is gorgeous!! ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  The peeling part is fun too!  I very much appreciate a peel off mask which doesnโ€™t require you to remove your peach fuzz first.  

Funny thing- theyโ€™re on display but I always forget I own them so hardly use them until I bring them down to my counter.  

My masks this week (J for J Beauty), along with some artistic masks not pictured here.

J is for J-Beauty!J is for J-Beauty!

J Beauty masks. With the exception of the Tatcha goodies, most of the masks here are from Japanese brands. Tatcha is a female-founded and owned U.S. brand, inspired / influenced by Japanese traditions and Victoria Tsai's time in Japan. In addition to these lovelies, I also used a couple of artistic masks for @Kim888  fun theme! 

J Beauty (Saborino).jpg

BCL Saborino Moisturizing Good Night Mask:
Spoiler
An update on daily masking with the Japanese BCL Saborino Moisturizing Good Night Mask (Fig Blueberry). My plan to daily mask with these sheets last month took a detour, though just briefly. While I like that these are lightly coated in a richer emulsion-type serum, I underestimated the dehydrated and dry state of my skin and how temperamental it would be when responding to stress and the back-and-forth shifts in the weather here. So, I switched these Saborino masks to my morning routine and have been reaching for them 2 - 3 times during the week, interspersing them between hydrating-sheet mask mornings and no-sheet mask mornings. That's been a good schedule for my skin and should allow me to finish up with this pack by the end of next week. Yaaay! 

My overall impression of these BCL Saborino masks is good; I think they would probably be best suited for those with normal, combination, or normal-to-slightly dry skin. I'm interested in trying the other evening version - the one with orange and chamomile; it's on my list for when I get to my target sheet mask number, but I would consider repurchasing this particular pack again for use in late summer / early fall.
Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask:
Spoiler
It took me some time to fully appreciate the beauty of the Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask; as with most things, consistency is key. Beyond its stunningly beautiful violet hue, this super creamy mask performs wonderfully to leave skin soft, smooth and brighter. It glides over the skin smoothly with fingers but feels oh-so-luxe if applied with a mask brush. There are 2 types of vitamin C in the mask and an AHA. The actives are gentle but I do keep in mind what AHAs/BHAs/PHAs or other actives I have been using so I can keep my skin barrier happy and healthy, and avoid over-exfoliation. This is the last of my DS of this mask and I'll be sad when it's time to toss the jar. I would happily repurchase, but have a handful of other rinse off masks to get through first.
J Beauty (Tatcha).jpg
Tatcha Luminous Hydration Mask:
Spoiler
Nestled between two thin netted/mesh sheets, this bio-cellulose sheet mask is different from most bio-cellulose sheet masks in that I can visibly see and feel the essence in this mask. That's hardly ever the case; in fact, I think I've only experienced that in two, maybe three, bio-cellulose masks, this Tatcha Luminous Hydration Mask being one of them. In addition to hydration, this one also claims to brighten and lift. 

Fit was fine; I did have to make some minor adjustments to the corners of the eyes and mouth to help the product lay better against my skin, as well as to keep the liquid from the mask from possibly getting into my eyes and mouth. As with most bio-cellulose sheet masks, adherence was great! The instructions suggest keeping the mask on for 15 minutes but this one was so juicy with the watery, ever-so-slightly viscous essence that my usual half hour masking time worked out very well. I also reached for my quartz roller to get in a little lymphatic drainage massage while masking.  Ahhhh!  So relaxing and luxe. 

My skin looked smoother, more supple and brighter after removing the mask and pressing in the excess essence to help with absorption. Although I didn't notice any lifting from this mask, my skin looked and felt more hydrated, which is a fantastic result for someone like me whose skin ranges from dehydrated-combination to dehydrated-dry throughout the year.  At $25 for a single mask (or $95 for a set of 4), this is a splurge.  At least for me, it is. It's one I'd use for special occasions and by that I don't mean a "day that ends in "y" sort of special occasion. lol. This is one that would be great before a special event or when a luxe self-care pampering sesh is in order.
Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

@itsfi Oh, what a colorful group of masks! 
The Tatcha mask definitely sounds like one to save for a special occasion!

I tried the mask in the gold packaging and loved it! I have that peach mask as well and I'm planning to use it during P week! Can't wait to hear what you think of all these! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

These made for a fabulous week of masking @Shosh85! Off the top of my head, I don't think there was a single miss with these J-Beauty masks. Woohoo! ๐Ÿ’– Hoping to be caught up with last week's masks and be on top of the ones for this week soon. ๐Ÿคž Time seems to gets away from me often these days and I fall behind on making complete sentences of my mask notes and posting. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi wow!! The packaging on these are stunning!! 

I know @lmaster!! There were quite a few 'ooh's and 'aaah's as I was pulling out the masks for last week. ๐Ÿ˜ I don't have many masks from Japanese brands but the vast majority of the packaging on them are just beautiful and they perform very well too! Win-win! ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi   I love Ohana Mahaalo everything!!  I especially love their perfumed nail polishes and bath salts!  Are the face masks super perfumed?  

@heartsmyface, I don't know how many times I've walked by the Ohana Mahaalo fragrance and bath and body displays at the AB boutique and not made the connection that these masks are actually part of that line. lol. I need to pay more attention; this is the first I've heard of the brand having a nail polish collection, and perfumed, too! Making a note!

The sheet masks are not as heavily fragranced as I braced myself for. The scent on these 3 varied from subtle to pleasantly noticeable. I expected the jasmine to be the most pronounced but that one gave off the lightest scent. I can be sensitive to fragrance if it's too much but these were fine for me; in fact, I actually wanted the jasmine scented mask to be a little stronger. 

40DEC014-4BED-402B-89FA-69B33A993F6C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

BIC maskers made me do it.... Iโ€™m lookinโ€™ at you @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿฆ

This looks soooo good, @missjeanie 

Oh M G!!! @missjeanie ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค

@missjeanie  Oh my gosh, that looks amazing! ๐Ÿ˜‹

50673EDE-C28C-4554-8806-D90CB76790EE.gif

testing