Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

These both sound so lovely, @quspork!! Especially the Pina colada one (a gel mask that sounds like a tropical vacation, sign me up!). I'll have to keep an eye out for this brand.

Leader's makes some really solid masks, @haleyvvvv. This tropical one definitely makes for a nice break!

@quspork  I love the packaging on both of these. The pina colada mask looks so nice. I would do anything to be at a tropical beach in the sun. Maybe someday...

Hopefully someday soon, @PrettyPaint!

@quspork  Haha! Your "846th month" comment cracked me up..... but also might have made me cry a little ๐Ÿ˜… I love that Pina Colada mask! It really does smell so good! ๐Ÿฅฅ

It just seems like it's been forever, doesn't it? @Shosh85 

And oh no- I'm sorry @PrettyPaint. This has been a very difficult year and I just wanted to bring a little levity to the situation, but I so apologize for making you cry. Hopefully things will start looking better for all of us soon! ๐Ÿ’œ

@quspork  Oh no, please don't apologize. And I don't mind crying - it's actually a bit therapeutic, so thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ 

And I hope things get better for you too ๐Ÿค—

@Shosh85  If it makes you feel better, I truly did cry a little.

@PrettyPaint  Awe, I know I'm not the only who absolutely hates this pandemic we are in! ๐Ÿ˜”

@Shosh85  Thanks. It's been so, so hard for everyone, I know. Hope things get better. ๐Ÿค—

@quspork Those look like great masks!

They're both very nice, @Samtian. I've think I've rarely been let down by something from Leader's. 

@quspork, a tropical getaway sounds wonderful!! ๐Ÿ Itโ€™ll happen again one day! The pina colada mask ๐Ÿน is a nice one and I agree - the scent on it is fantastic!! I have the other Leaders mask but have yet to try it. Making a note about the scent. The results sound good; a mask worth repurchasing is always a good thing! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I hope the cat mask works out well for you, @itsfi - can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. 

Most artistic sheet mask

IMG_20210302_193815675.jpg

• Gifted to me by the ever so sweet @WinglessOne ๐Ÿค—
  • White thin sheet that fit well, just a bit long at the chin
  • Clear bubbly serum with extra in the package
  • I didn't notice much of any scent at all
  • Wear time was 20 minutes
  • This mask really treated my skin wonderfully, it felt hydrated and nourished and lightly moisturized
  • Tackiness maybe 5-10 minutes
  • This one is a goodie for sure!!IMG_20210302_193823163.jpg

โ€ƒ

What beautiful packaging @lmaster. The serum sounds really nice on this one as well!

Thank you!! I was impressed, not only with the gorgeous art on the sleeve, but the actual product is great ๐Ÿ™Œ @PrettyPaint 

@lmaster  The packaging on this really is pretty! ๐Ÿ˜ So happy to hear it turned out so great for you! This brand is definitely on my list to try! 

Thank you!! Great first impressions @Shosh85 

Great mask.  Great packaging.  Great results.  Great friends!  @lmaster love it!

Thank you so so much!! @missjeanie 

testing