Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster That looks and sounds nice!

It was really nice @Samtian I think it would be great for those sensitive to scent

The packaging on this mask, and all the mask in this collection, are so beautiful. ๐Ÿ˜ Very artistic! So happy to hear that this one worked well for you @lmaster!

@itsfi thank you, it was perfect for the theme, though I hated to use it because it's so darn pretty ๐Ÿ˜†

Last of my masks from "I" week. 

The theme was ice cream. (Need I say more?!)
I - Ice cream.jpg
I love ice cream. ๐Ÿจ So naturally when my eyes spied the packaging on the Feferafe Ice Cream Mask (which reminds me a lot of the branding for Baskin Robbins), there was no doubt that it had to come home with me, in large part because I knew it would give me a good reason to have a bowl of ice cream. Nom, nom, nom. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Spoiler
Feferafe Ice Cream Mask is a thin but ginormous cotton sheet mask drenched in a creamy, milky serum that smells deliciously of vanilla milk. The scent doesn't fully remind me of vanilla ice cream but I can see where they were going with this one. 

Adherence & Fit: Like most sheet masks, this one adhered beautifully and, with the usual adjustments (corner of eyes, nose and mouth and shaving off some material at the chin / jawline - to the tune of 1-1/2" inches here), fit can be made to work.

Claims; Performance & Results: This mask claims to soothe, nourish and brighten, and with extracts of green tea, strawberry and vanilla as key ingredients, it would appear that its inci list supports these claims. Thirty minutes of wear also supported its claims - the redness in my cheeks from being out and about had lessened, as had some of the darker PIH spots that continue to take up residence on my chin and jawline. Thanks to the creamy, milky essence (of which I was happy there was so much extra in the pouch), my skin felt both hydrated and nourished. After removing the mask, my skin looked super dewy, in large part because of the copious amount of serum still sitting atop my face. It absorbed quickly into my skin with some pressing and patting, to yield a fresh faced, brightened glow. 

Overall Thoughts: The creamy, milky serum in this one, along with the ingredients, really lends itself to its soothing, nourishing and brightening claims. Based on the results from this mask and the delicious vanilla scent, this is one I would repurchase ... if they still made them. Sigh. Another good mask that is no longer around. Inconceivable!! (There, another "I") And mildly irritating - ahh, another I. Okay, maybe more than mildly irritating! This is yet another reason to keep a more curated sheet mask library - and to actually use masks closer in time to when I pick them up so that if I want to repurchase one, it's still around. Lesson learned ... again. 

What Matters Most: The ice cream was decadently delicious. ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿจ Smitten Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream is made by blending cocoa powder and melted 61% dark chocolate Guittard morsels into organic milk and cream. @Samtian @missjeanie @Shosh85 @keana1, I will be more than happy to have another bowl to confirm my first tasting of this batch wasn't a fluke. Hahaha! Mmmm.... ice cream.

@itsfi  That ice cream looks delicious. And I was totally ready to search for that mask and purchase it....until I got to the end and realized it's no more. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@PrettyPaint, itโ€™s such a bummer to see certain masks discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜” Iโ€™ll need to find a good substitute for this ice cream mask. Perhaps just so I can have a bowl of ice cream! ๐Ÿจ 

@itsfi  Yup, my brain instantly thought of Baskin Robins when I saw this! Yum! The actual ice cream looks delicious too! ๐Ÿ˜‹ I really love how this mask sounds, so it only makes sense that it would be discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜”

Inconceivable is right!! (Am I the only one who thinks of the movie Princess Bride when they hear that word?)

@Shosh85, yes!!! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ I was wondering if anyone would pick up on my reference to The Princess Bride!!! Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Love that movie! โ™ฅ๏ธ So many great lines in that film! ๐ŸŽฅ 

Ohhh, the trend of discontinued sheet masks Iโ€™ve been experiencing has been mildly irritating. ๐Ÿ˜  Iโ€™m all for innovation in skincare and sheet masks but itโ€™s hard to see some of the really good ones go. ๐Ÿ˜” 

@itsfi  Such a good movie! I actually used to have a shirt that said, "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die." ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I also like to respond with "as you wish" when my husband asks a favor of me. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahahaha @Shosh85! Loooove!! โ™ฅ๏ธ That t-shirt is hilarious! I dropped โ€œROUSesโ€ in a work conversation once. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜† I considered that one of my biggest accomplishments that year. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I aim to drop โ€œto blaveโ€ at some point. I love seeing peopleโ€™s reactions. Itโ€™s an exercise for me in keeping a straight face and pretending thereโ€™s nothing out of the ordinary with my word choice. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  Haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I totally forgot about "to blave!" ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

From the thumbnail on this one, I was totally wondering when Baskin Robbins decided to get in on the skincare game, @itsfi ๐Ÿคฃ It's too bad this one isn't around anymore because it sounds lovely. 

You were not the only one who thought that @quspork. I wondered โ€œohh, who did Baskin Robbins do a collab with?โ€ ๐Ÿคฃ I know that thereโ€™s a fair amount of turnaround with skincare in Korea to keep up with the ingredient du jour or to allow brands to be innovative with their products but it feels like there are so many sheet masks in particular that have been discontinued. Or, maybe many of us have hoarded sheet masks for so long that weโ€™re taking longer than we should to get around to them. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I canโ€™t say Iโ€™m not guilty of that. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 

Well well... @itsfi I'm so glad you included the important info!!  I just so happened to have picked up groceries this morning... and included some heavenly hash in today's order.  Dang... Now I need to find an ice cream related mask lol!  Both the ice cream and the mask look great, too bad the mask isn't able to be re-purchased... at least there's ice cream to drown out the disapointment! 

@missjeanie  Is heavenly hash basically just rocky road ice cream? I've not had heavenly hash before. By the way, whenever I order groceries, they always seem to cancel the ice cream. I don't know if I'm selecting flavors that are out of stock or if they don't feel like dealing with frozen items that melt easily.

@PrettyPaint I think they're basically the same thing.  But I'm not opposed to doing a side by side comparison sometime!  I've been ordering my groceries for almost a year now and at first I was having a few items here and there cancelled, but I think the grocery store I use has had their site upgraded a bit.  More of the stock items have been added in and it's much better at telling me if something is low stock or if they need to kick something out of my cart.  Thankfully my ice cream hasn't been booted yet lol!!!  I was just saying that it feels so weird not going into the grocers anymore.  I used to go three times a week and now I'm at once every two weeks online.   mmmmmm might need to get me some ice cream again now lol

@missjeanie  Oh, I'm glad the grocery ordering has been going better. I'm really not sure how the system works. The one we use is mainly through the store (not instacart), so they basically just make random substitutions without approval if you permit it. For instance, on the most recent order, they actually substituted chicken breast with turkey breast haha. That seemed a little weird.

@missjeanie, it could just be me (doubt it!) but I feel like a side-by-side comparison of ice cream ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฆ is very much warranted. Necessary even. ๐Ÿ˜‰ If not for yourself, do it for science. ๐Ÿงช๐Ÿงซ๐Ÿงฌ๐Ÿ”ฌ @PrettyPaint 

@missjeanie  @itsfi  Science for the win! Yes, please do a comparison...haha ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi  The sacrifices I'm willing to make....

3 Replies
testing