Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Itโ€™s May, Hurray! ๐ŸŒธ We are almost 1/2-way through this yearโ€™s challenge๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

tenor

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’— Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. 

This Weekโ€™s Theme: Mask with a Partner! @Alphaboo gives us this weekโ€™s fun challenge: Letโ€™s make an excuse to mask togetherโ˜บ๏ธ

Letter of the Week:  T

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.35.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 8.34.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  I believe it actually warms up too. Which is nice for a cool evening!! 

@ather, I think I remember you mentioning that in your review of it. That sounds so nice. I wonder if thatโ€™s a reason it seems to be OOS everywhere - maybe there were issues with it warming up? Hmm ๐Ÿค” Iโ€™ll keep an eye out for it coming back. Sounds like a nice one! 

@itsfi  What a lovely selection of masks - I have never seen any of these before. The Orchid Skin sounds really, really nice. And that's good that the foil mask was two pieces. Most of my foil mask experiences have been single piece masks with unworkable fits!

Thank you @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿค— The Orchid Skin masks were "pre-pandemic" purchases - this is now how I reference back my sheet mask purchases, since I was mostly on a sheet mask no buy for all of the shelter in place. I don't think the store I picked them up from carries them anymore, but the next time I go in, I'm going to ask and maybe also see if it might be something they'd consider bringing back when they next make their order. I have seen a few of their sheet masks on yesstyle dot com.

2-piece masks make for such a better fit, for me, at least. It's clear that my mug is not the face model for most one-piece sheet masks. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi every one of these masks sound great

Thank you @lmaster. They were all very nice.

The Orchid Skin mask sounds very cozy, @itsfi. Thin biocell masks are a standout, and looks like this one is another to add to my growing list of recommendations from everyone here!

@eshoe, all the masks from The Orchid Skin that I've used have been good.  I'm sure your list is long and ever growing; you'll have plenty to choose from when it comes time for you to buy more masks.

@itsfi I wish I had started adding names when I began my list, so some are missing credit. It isnโ€™t unbearably long just yet. I will be on the lookout for that brand, then, too!

Spoiler

A'pieu Madecassoside Gauze Mask

BCL Momo Puri Milk Jelly Mask (Shosh/Fi) Milky Jelly, Milky Serum, Cool Jelly, Jelly

Callyssee Caffeine Rush Nourishing Sheet

Mask Coffee Arabica Seed Extract (lmaster)

Day Nature Mask Energizing Day (Kim888)

Dead Sea Elements Dead Sea Spa Treatment Mask (kim888) brightening

dr belmeur mask

Elizavecca Honey Deep Power Ringer mask (quspork)

Lalachuu Soothing Essential Mask White Truffle

Mediheal Meience Nattogum (๐Ÿ’—โ€™s)

Meebakโ€™s Cica Sheet Mask

Millerโ€™s White Peach Face Mask (Fi)

Missha Mascure Propolis

Missha Pure Source Cell Sheet Mask Green Tea

Peripera Sparkling TokTok Time Shine Muscat Hydrating (Winglessone)

Purenskin Natural Effect Real Oatmeal Mask (lmaster)

Radiant Soul Beauty Plumping Mask

Sassitinnie (Blue/Pink Diamond) (๐Ÿ’—โ€™s)

The Orchid Skin 21 Clear (biocell, itsfi)

The Saem Power Centella Cica Relief and Soothing (Winglessone)

Ulta Banana Mask

When Last Choice

@eshoe  Oooh, great idea to make a list! I usually take a screenshot of the mask picture and persons name, but I need to organize it into a list! You've also reminded me of a couple masks I 'need' to repurchase ๐Ÿ˜‰

I have always used screenshots too, @Shosh85! but my photos are taking up all of my space on my phone so I went through, typed everything up in Notes, then deleted them. But the photos are soooooo much easier!

@eshoe, that's a nice list. I keep mine on a spreadsheet / chart and have been trying to make sure not to keep it very long. Was paring it down while working through my sheet masks.  

A spreadsheet is an even better idea @itsfi - at least then I could add in the price of everything to know what I am getting myself in to! I would love to find everyone in one place, but I imagine it will be spread out over a few. I have never been so deliberate with mask buying, just buying here and there. The anticipation might be more fun than the actual purchase โ˜บ๏ธ

The last of the bunch from my week of hyaluronic acid masks.

Hello hydration!!!Hello hydration!!!

tl;dr: These 4 hyaluronic acid based mask sheets pack quite the punch in terms of hydration and those with dry or dehydrated skin will likely be huge fans of any one, or all four, of these beauties for that reason alone.  WIthout making any  modifications, the sheer amount of essence in each of these masks may be too much for those with normal, oily or combination skin, except possibly in the winter months when the cold weather wreaks havoc on everyone's skin.

% Dr. Ceuracle: delivers on its claims  "to restore dry, dehydrated or rough-looking skin lacking hydrating.

Rael:  is  a thinner leaning, medium density, bamboo-yarn sheet mask soaked but not dripping in a clear, slightly viscous, liquid essence that does as it claims - leaves skin moisturized and dewy.

Celloine Tears: Parched skin will be crying tears of joy after spending 30 minutes with  this clear, slightly-viscous, liquid essence -soaked gauze-y sheet mask. I would consider breaking a sheet mask no buy to pick up more of these Celloine Tears masks. 

Biobelle: The volume of clear, lightweight, watery essence saturating this thin Tencel sheet makes it entirely possible to leave this mask on for close to a full hour without it drying out. Half that time was more than enough to douse my skin with a heavy dose of hydration and leave it looking fresh faced and awake.

% Dr. Ceuracle Hyal Reyouth Lifting Mask:
Spoiler
Material: The material on the % Dr. Ceuracle Hyal Reyouth Lifting Mask is described by the online retailer where I purchased it as an "eco-friendly and biodegradable cotton and gum tree sheet mask." What's gum tree? Glad you asked. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It appears to be a species of the eucalyptus tree, which makes me wonder if this is a cross between a cotton sheet mask and a tencel-like mask. It certainly feels like that could be the case as the material, though soft and leaning on the thin side like Tencel, has a resiliency and certain weight to it that reminds me of a more traditional cotton sheet mask.

Essence: This mask holds plenty of the clear, slightly viscous, liquid essence, probably enough for at least an additional 15 minutes more wear time than my half hour masking sesh.

Fit: In terms of size, this mask similar to the royal propolis version from the same line is just all around "extra" - extra long, extra wide, extra essence. The large size and shape of the mask will make it accessible to more face sizes and shapes, but will require adjustments by most, if not all. I needed to make a small incision to the inner corners of the eye hole to minimize the possibility of any essence falling into my tear ducts.

Adherence: Very good. I wouldn't say it felt like second skin, but it did cling smoothly and comfortably to my skin.

Claims: Firming, lifting and hydrating

Performance & Results: Not sure about the lifting claims, but it did leave my skin nicely plump and supple, and definitely provided some much needed hydration and moisture, which made for a happy complexion. 

Overall Thoughts: On the reverse side, the mask claims "to restore dry, dehydrated or rough-looking skin lacking hydrating." It could have just said "itsfi, you need this NOW! lol. This'll be one I'll keep in my handy dandy skincare first aid kit for when my skin is parched. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from ohlolly (dot) com:
Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Trehalose, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Carbomer, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Propanediol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Benzyl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Raspberry Ketone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Linalool
Rael Hydration Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
This Rael Hydration Sheet Mask is a thinner leaning, medium density, bamboo-yarn sheet mask soaked but not dripping in a clear, slightly viscous, liquid essence that, to me, smelled subtly like paper, cardboard paper, in fact. Odd, right? Adherence was fine and fit could be made to work with adjustments to the eyes, nose and mouth, and with taking the extra half inch of material at the chin and jawline and moving it to cover the rest of my forehead. This one is shaped for a smaller face than your typical sheet masks - width was great for me but there was noticeably less material for the forehead than with most sheet masks. 

Instructions suggested keeping the mask on for 10-20 minutes which seemed like an awfully short period of time for something so heavily drenched in essence. I ended leaving the mask on for my usual 30 minutes and using the quartz roller for a brief facial lymphatic draining massage. When I removed the mask, there were parts of my face that looked like they were doused in the essence, which, once fully absorbed, left only the slightest amount of tack. My skin looked brightened and happily hydrated, with a nice bounce to it, so it satisfied its claims of providing a "boost of moisture and an instant glow." Those with dry skin or in need of a refreshing dose of hydration will enjoy this one. It's definitely one I'd consider keeping on hand, especially in the cooler months. I could also see this working well in the spring when my allergies suck the life out of my skin. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from getrael (dot) com
Water, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, Sodium Hyaluronate, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Carbomer Arginine, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Xanthan Gum, Betaine, Trehalose, Allantoin, Panthenol, Polysorbate 80, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Butylene Glycol, Beta-Glucan, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Limonene, Linalool
This particular masking sesh was enabled by a bunch of BIC lovelies - @Shosh85 for sending the sheet mask my way; @heartsmyface  for the lovely facial roller, which I've put to use on numerous occasions,  and @lmaster  for her raves over the tgin hair mask. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! ๐Ÿ’–
Celloine Tears Mask:
Spoiler
The gauze-like material on the Celloine Tears Mask is reminiscent of the Merbliss Nurse Healing mask, though a smidge heavier(?), and feels lovely on the skin. It's saturated in a clear, slightly viscous, unscented liquid that has a consistency of an essence and a serum. Adherence is wonderful and a few little snips here and there make for a more tailored fit. My skin feels very hydrated and looks dewy immediately after removing the mask. The very light tack fades quickly once the essence-serum is fully absorbed, leaving my complexion looking balanced, soft and smooth. This one is worth seeking out.

Biobelle #Sweet Glow Facial Mask Plumps & Hydrates with Hyaluronic Acid & Collagen (aka ice cream truck mask?):
Spoiler
Material: Light, thin, eucalyptus fiber (Tencel)

Essence: Clear, light, and watery essence. The mask is very saturated but not dripping in this essence. There's an extremely light scent to this; the scent reminds me a little of plastic. The scent is subtle and, fortunately, fleeting.

Fit: Fairly standard fit; adjustments needed for a more tailored and comfortable fit. For me, that meant shaving off about 3/4" from the length at the chin and jawline and using that strip to cover the 1/2" gap between the top of the sheet mask and my hairline. Width on this was perfect. Slight incisions were made to the corners for the eyes and mouth for better fit and to ensure the serum did not leak into either my eyes or mouth. 

Adherence: Very good; there were a few air bubbles, but they were easily smoothed over. 

Claim(s): Plumps and Hydrates (and with the "#SweetGlow", I'm going to say it also claims to brighten)

Performance & Results: The mask felt cooling on my skin and wore comfortably for the entire 30 minutes I had this on. Even though my wear time exceeded the recommended 10-20 minutes, this mask held so much essence that I could have easily kept it on without any issues with drying for another 20-30 minutes; at least! There was zero tack or stickiness after removing the mask and patting and pressing the essence into my skin to help with its absorption. As for its claims, the "sweet glow" is more of what I consider a fresh faced liveliness - my complexion looked and felt soft, smooth and awake, as if I had gotten in a good amount of sleep even if that wasn't actually the case.  The most noticeable result was how hydrated my skin looked and felt. 

Overall Thoughts:  I haven't been too impressed with the new Biobelle sheet masks . . . until now, that is. This is hands down my favorite of the new ones. The hydration my dehydrated skin received from this mask was fantastic! This makes for a great morning mask for those with dehydrated or dry skin, or anyone who could use a boost of hydration, and in the winter, that could be all skin types. This one is a repurchase for me.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from ulta (dot) com:
Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydroxyacetophrnone, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Allantoin, Caffeine, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol Ethylhexyglycerin, 1.2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Disodium Edta, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopherol.

Oh I loved that Rael mask @itsfi .  Actually I liked all of their masks now that I think of it.  And now I'm off to see where these get sold in Canada!

@missjeanie Actually, your reviews are the reason I picked some up! @itsfi 

@Shosh85 I want to say that I've seen the brand have a few other items I was eyeing at one point as well.... I believe when I first saw them they were doing cotton products, menstrual products and face masks, but I see now they've expanded quite a bit.  I have a few heating patches that stick onto your abdomen but haven't tried them yet.  And... now looking at their site they have a bunch of stuffs I wouldn't mind testing! Need to get back into the US to visit a Target!

Ahhhh, the circle of enabling!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ @Shosh85 @missjeanie 

@missjeanie, Rael sheet masks are available online at Urban Outfitters Canada. 

Oh nice @itsfi , I always tend to forget about their beauty selection and it's actually a sizeable one.  I checked last night and I maybe have several of them in my collection already.  total face palm.  need to get through more of this stash clearly. 

@missjeanie, youโ€™re doing an incredible job on working through your stash!! ๐Ÿ’– I hear ya on forgetting that UO stocks sheet masks. Thereโ€™s so many more resources for sheet mask these days. Great for us; well, sorta. ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ

8 Replies
Photos1,718
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • 4DD63543-C124-4765-AED1-6201B2D4B8E9.jpeg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg