Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Oh nice @itsfi , I always tend to forget about their beauty selection and it's actually a sizeable one.  I checked last night and I maybe have several of them in my collection already.  total face palm.  need to get through more of this stash clearly. 

@missjeanie, youโ€™re doing an incredible job on working through your stash!! ๐Ÿ’– I hear ya on forgetting that UO stocks sheet masks. Thereโ€™s so many more resources for sheet mask these days. Great for us; well, sorta. ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ๐Ÿ’ธ

@itsfi Thanks... it's been a bit of getting back into the groove, but I know that working through some of my 'boring' masks will help me bring the collection back into a manageable size that I can have fun with.  I found myself perusing the UO website and then had to draw a line with myself and close down the laptop for a hot minute lol

Nicely done @missjeanie! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Itโ€™ll feel good when your mask collection is at your target level.

@itsfi Those are some great looking masks!

Thank you @Samtian! They performed really well too! My skin felt so hydrated and happy after using each of them!

@itsfi oh my goodness!! You used some great sounding masks,, I'm very interested in a couple of these as well

Sheet masks have been a great way for me to get some more hydration @lmaster! It was a good week for my skin. ๐Ÿ˜†

This looks like a nice set of masks, @itsfi. I'm definitely curious to try the Rael and Celloine.

@quspork, both of these masks are good. Different from each other but nice for hydration. The Celloine mask is the harder of the two to source. Hoping we see more of those on the market at some point.

This collage is gorgeous, @itsfi!! A mask called tears that provided hydration is immediately on my to buy list for my dry skin. 

...Or maybe not? I can only find at a New Zealand store. I will explore further where to buy. Where did you purchase?

Thank you @haleyvvvv! Youโ€™re the inspiration for collages. ๐Ÿค— I now include working on a collage (and notes on a mask) as an option for unwinding after a long day or for when I canโ€™t fall back asleep immediately. 

Yeah, it looks like sourcing is going to be an obstacle for the Tears mask. ๐Ÿ˜ข Iโ€™m pretty sure I picked up the mask at one of the local shops that carry sheet masks, but I canโ€™t remember which one specifically. It was before covid so I canโ€™t imagine they still stock it. ๐Ÿ˜” When things settle down with my schedule, Iโ€™ll make my rounds to the stores again and see if I can hunt some down, or find more info from them about the mask. 

@itsfi  Sounds like a great group of masks!
I haven't even got a chance to try out the Rael  mask yet ๐Ÿ˜‚, so it's good to hear you enjoyed it! I liked the BioBelle mask too - I agree this one's a bit better than other "new" ones. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I haven't heard of that Tears mask, but it definitely sounds like one I'd like to try! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

My skin was really happy with this group of masks @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ˜ Iโ€™ll be interested in your take on the Rael.  Iโ€™d use any of these again but the Tears and Dr Ceuracle masks were my faves from this bunch. Gotta keep this face happily hydrated!! ๐Ÿ’ฆ 

@itsfi the Celloine Tears sounds heavenly, especially the comfy gauze. I love the Merbliss, though it is a bit fragranced. Love that this is unscented!

eta: it appears this might be a bit tricky to find, surprise, surprise ๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe, well, at least itโ€™s not discontinued, right?!! ๐Ÿ˜† Probably better that itโ€™s a challenge to find; makes it easier to keep up with my masking schedule and continue with my sheet mask no buy this month. 

From Peel Week, for @keana1 โ˜บ๏ธ 

D92307E3-0835-4C8B-83EE-9A52970D8E6F.jpeg

Spoiler
During Peel Week my skin was not having it, but I wanted to make sure I met keana1โ€™s challenge before too much time had passed (thank you for sharing this theme!) Itโ€™s been harder and harder to get some quality wash-off masking in, so this 5-minute peel is perfect. The Alpyn Beauty Wild Huckleberry 8-Acid Polishing Peel Mask 1.7 oz / 50 mL is full of all sorts of textures; small, large and in-between granules. It has an unusual scent, almost like a soft charcoal. It also has a seriously long ingredient list that reminds me of fruit basket upset. I tried to include it here, but I could not post due to exceeding my 20,001 character limit. 

eta: I was able to get a screenshot:
Spoiler
0F474110-D16F-47C0-99AC-20639CB95945.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I only use this once a month at the most; the name (8 acids?) and amount of extracts make me very cautious. Thankfully, Iโ€™ve yet to experience any adverse effects, and it leaves my skin feeling extra soft. 

The Aโ€™Pieu Sweet Icing Pineapple Mask has a deliciously sweet pineapple scent. I did question myself when I picked this up to use...a pineapple mask after an acid mask? What was I thinking? But it is gentle and the watery serum just gave my skin a little love before packing on the heavy-duty moisturizers and oils. The fit is ok, I have to make a couple of snips under the eyes to create my own lovely flap to fold down. This is such a pleasant mask to use, that it doesnโ€™t bother me at all. 

The little eye gels are...cute? I donโ€™t find them to be very functional but I thought they were fun. Good for burning cheeks (that I was prepared for, but did not need). In all, I was happy with the outcome and would 10/10 repeat everything.

Everything about that Alpyn mask sounds right up my alley @eshoe .  Hmmmm I should do a scrub right now.  Gosh I love scrubs.  Something about the physical scrubbiness just makes me happy.  If only it was better for my skin to do them a couple times a day lol.  I have now added this one to my list!

I feel your words in a major way, @missjeanie ๐Ÿ˜‚ I would exfoliate every single day of my skin allowed it. It is so soothing! 

7E9A627E-0F1A-4D0B-8D6A-0B969FFD3D2B.jpeg

You definitely have to be gentle on removing this one, there are lots of tiny scrubbies that feel like they could be quite abrasive if washed off with too much pressure. Gentle and easy with this one. But yes...I would take all the physically exfoliating masks if I could!

Those eye gels are cute, @eshoe!! I'm glad they worked for cooling. Wowzers, that ingredient list is A LOT, I'm glad its not irritating for you!!

Itโ€™s a shocker, @haleyvvvv - and I am not going to lie, each time I use it, it is not without trepidation ๐Ÿ˜‚ Nothing ever comes of my fears, thank goodness.

testing