Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi It's all good! It felt nice!

@Samtian Aw, it's too bad you didn't see any results with this one!

@Shosh85 Thank you! 

Ah, bummer @Samtian. But hey, at least it is one less mask taking up space๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe Yep! Excellent thinking!

@Samtian Every time I see a two piece mask I'm reminded that I wish every mask was a two piece.  Too bad this one didn't do much.

@missjeanie Thank you, haha I think two pieces are kinda weird. Definitely take some time getting used to for me. 

J is for Jeju:en

61341A5C-D57A-491C-BCEC-F8103C2B3445.jpeg

Spoiler

Jeju:en Are You Sheeting Me?!? Sheet Mask

This is a thin-medium cotton sheet mask that had a typical sheet mask kind of smell. It was white with text on the forehead that says "are you sheeting me?!?" and an angry emoji on each cheek ๐Ÿ˜ก The fit was ok - a tad too long and wide at the forehead and a little too long at the chin. I kept it on for about 20 minutes. When I removed it most of the serum had already absorbed and there wasn't any tackiness. My face felt lightly hydrated, soft and smooth and had a nice glow.

This mask had some decent results, nothing amazing, but I think I should hold off any final judgment until I try and use it again at a time my face needs some soothing, which is supposed to be what this mask is marketed for. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The mask:

Spoiler
BDB7B8BB-8978-469B-966C-1A83E65940CA.jpeg

Ingredients:

Spoiler
0904E596-5A4A-4D55-AFA0-6E2031DE3225.jpeg

The best part about filler masks is that they perpetuate the hydrated skin cycle @Shosh85. I usually notice if I donโ€™t mask for a couple of days. Itโ€™s pretty cute for a mask that fills in the gap:)

@eshoe Yup, its always good to have some filler masks lying around! The catchy/cute title is definitely a nice touch! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hahahaha @Shosh85 "Are you sheeting me?" might be my new saying for the week!

@missjeanie  Haha! I love it! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 that packaging tho!!!!

@lmaster Right!? So fun! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜‚

Haha, I love this line of masks. They aren't the most amazing masks ever, but for the price they're actually pretty decent masks. And how can you not love the names?? ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Shosh85 

@quspork I'm sure a lot of people pick these up just for the name alone. ๐Ÿ˜† They definitely have a genius marketing/design team!

That mask name ๐Ÿคฃ is so good!! Glad it worked okay, @Shosh85!!

@haleyvvvv I'm a lot of these masks get sold just because of the title! ๐Ÿ˜‚

The names of these masks are really great @Shosh85. Love โ€˜em! โ™ฅ๏ธ Would be interesting to put it to the test when your skin would really benefit from that great ingredients list! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi  The names for these really are great! Catchy names like that always suck me in! ๐Ÿ˜† I love that it's also printed on the actual sheet too ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I have a box of them, so I'll definitely have to whip one out when my face is in need of some soothing! 

The last of the bunch from my week of hyaluronic acid masks.

Hello hydration!!!Hello hydration!!!

tl;dr: These 4 hyaluronic acid based mask sheets pack quite the punch in terms of hydration and those with dry or dehydrated skin will likely be huge fans of any one, or all four, of these beauties for that reason alone.  WIthout making any  modifications, the sheer amount of essence in each of these masks may be too much for those with normal, oily or combination skin, except possibly in the winter months when the cold weather wreaks havoc on everyone's skin.

% Dr. Ceuracle: delivers on its claims  "to restore dry, dehydrated or rough-looking skin lacking hydrating.

Rael:  is  a thinner leaning, medium density, bamboo-yarn sheet mask soaked but not dripping in a clear, slightly viscous, liquid essence that does as it claims - leaves skin moisturized and dewy.

Celloine Tears: Parched skin will be crying tears of joy after spending 30 minutes with  this clear, slightly-viscous, liquid essence -soaked gauze-y sheet mask. I would consider breaking a sheet mask no buy to pick up more of these Celloine Tears masks. 

Biobelle: The volume of clear, lightweight, watery essence saturating this thin Tencel sheet makes it entirely possible to leave this mask on for close to a full hour without it drying out. Half that time was more than enough to douse my skin with a heavy dose of hydration and leave it looking fresh faced and awake.

% Dr. Ceuracle Hyal Reyouth Lifting Mask:
Spoiler
Material: The material on the % Dr. Ceuracle Hyal Reyouth Lifting Mask is described by the online retailer where I purchased it as an "eco-friendly and biodegradable cotton and gum tree sheet mask." What's gum tree? Glad you asked. ๐Ÿ˜‰ It appears to be a species of the eucalyptus tree, which makes me wonder if this is a cross between a cotton sheet mask and a tencel-like mask. It certainly feels like that could be the case as the material, though soft and leaning on the thin side like Tencel, has a resiliency and certain weight to it that reminds me of a more traditional cotton sheet mask.

Essence: This mask holds plenty of the clear, slightly viscous, liquid essence, probably enough for at least an additional 15 minutes more wear time than my half hour masking sesh.

Fit: In terms of size, this mask similar to the royal propolis version from the same line is just all around "extra" - extra long, extra wide, extra essence. The large size and shape of the mask will make it accessible to more face sizes and shapes, but will require adjustments by most, if not all. I needed to make a small incision to the inner corners of the eye hole to minimize the possibility of any essence falling into my tear ducts.

Adherence: Very good. I wouldn't say it felt like second skin, but it did cling smoothly and comfortably to my skin.

Claims: Firming, lifting and hydrating

Performance & Results: Not sure about the lifting claims, but it did leave my skin nicely plump and supple, and definitely provided some much needed hydration and moisture, which made for a happy complexion. 

Overall Thoughts: On the reverse side, the mask claims "to restore dry, dehydrated or rough-looking skin lacking hydrating." It could have just said "itsfi, you need this NOW! lol. This'll be one I'll keep in my handy dandy skincare first aid kit for when my skin is parched. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from ohlolly (dot) com:
Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Trehalose, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Carbomer, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Propanediol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Benzyl Glycol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Raspberry Ketone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Linalool
Rael Hydration Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
This Rael Hydration Sheet Mask is a thinner leaning, medium density, bamboo-yarn sheet mask soaked but not dripping in a clear, slightly viscous, liquid essence that, to me, smelled subtly like paper, cardboard paper, in fact. Odd, right? Adherence was fine and fit could be made to work with adjustments to the eyes, nose and mouth, and with taking the extra half inch of material at the chin and jawline and moving it to cover the rest of my forehead. This one is shaped for a smaller face than your typical sheet masks - width was great for me but there was noticeably less material for the forehead than with most sheet masks. 

Instructions suggested keeping the mask on for 10-20 minutes which seemed like an awfully short period of time for something so heavily drenched in essence. I ended leaving the mask on for my usual 30 minutes and using the quartz roller for a brief facial lymphatic draining massage. When I removed the mask, there were parts of my face that looked like they were doused in the essence, which, once fully absorbed, left only the slightest amount of tack. My skin looked brightened and happily hydrated, with a nice bounce to it, so it satisfied its claims of providing a "boost of moisture and an instant glow." Those with dry skin or in need of a refreshing dose of hydration will enjoy this one. It's definitely one I'd consider keeping on hand, especially in the cooler months. I could also see this working well in the spring when my allergies suck the life out of my skin. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from getrael (dot) com
Water, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, Sodium Hyaluronate, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Carbomer Arginine, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Xanthan Gum, Betaine, Trehalose, Allantoin, Panthenol, Polysorbate 80, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Butylene Glycol, Beta-Glucan, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Limonene, Linalool
This particular masking sesh was enabled by a bunch of BIC lovelies - @Shosh85 for sending the sheet mask my way; @heartsmyface  for the lovely facial roller, which I've put to use on numerous occasions,  and @lmaster  for her raves over the tgin hair mask. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! ๐Ÿ’–
Celloine Tears Mask:
Spoiler
The gauze-like material on the Celloine Tears Mask is reminiscent of the Merbliss Nurse Healing mask, though a smidge heavier(?), and feels lovely on the skin. It's saturated in a clear, slightly viscous, unscented liquid that has a consistency of an essence and a serum. Adherence is wonderful and a few little snips here and there make for a more tailored fit. My skin feels very hydrated and looks dewy immediately after removing the mask. The very light tack fades quickly once the essence-serum is fully absorbed, leaving my complexion looking balanced, soft and smooth. This one is worth seeking out.

Biobelle #Sweet Glow Facial Mask Plumps & Hydrates with Hyaluronic Acid & Collagen (aka ice cream truck mask?):
Spoiler
Material: Light, thin, eucalyptus fiber (Tencel)

Essence: Clear, light, and watery essence. The mask is very saturated but not dripping in this essence. There's an extremely light scent to this; the scent reminds me a little of plastic. The scent is subtle and, fortunately, fleeting.

Fit: Fairly standard fit; adjustments needed for a more tailored and comfortable fit. For me, that meant shaving off about 3/4" from the length at the chin and jawline and using that strip to cover the 1/2" gap between the top of the sheet mask and my hairline. Width on this was perfect. Slight incisions were made to the corners for the eyes and mouth for better fit and to ensure the serum did not leak into either my eyes or mouth. 

Adherence: Very good; there were a few air bubbles, but they were easily smoothed over. 

Claim(s): Plumps and Hydrates (and with the "#SweetGlow", I'm going to say it also claims to brighten)

Performance & Results: The mask felt cooling on my skin and wore comfortably for the entire 30 minutes I had this on. Even though my wear time exceeded the recommended 10-20 minutes, this mask held so much essence that I could have easily kept it on without any issues with drying for another 20-30 minutes; at least! There was zero tack or stickiness after removing the mask and patting and pressing the essence into my skin to help with its absorption. As for its claims, the "sweet glow" is more of what I consider a fresh faced liveliness - my complexion looked and felt soft, smooth and awake, as if I had gotten in a good amount of sleep even if that wasn't actually the case.  The most noticeable result was how hydrated my skin looked and felt. 

Overall Thoughts:  I haven't been too impressed with the new Biobelle sheet masks . . . until now, that is. This is hands down my favorite of the new ones. The hydration my dehydrated skin received from this mask was fantastic! This makes for a great morning mask for those with dehydrated or dry skin, or anyone who could use a boost of hydration, and in the winter, that could be all skin types. This one is a repurchase for me.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from ulta (dot) com:
Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydroxyacetophrnone, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Allantoin, Caffeine, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol Ethylhexyglycerin, 1.2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Disodium Edta, Althaea Rosea Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopherol.

12 Replies
testing