Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  Holy moly, that is quite the list! I have wondered about this Alpyn mask and it's good to hear your skin is responding well to it!

Love those A'pieu masks! I agree the fit isn't the best, but easy to look past on these! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Holy moly is right, @Shosh85! I am actually surprised that my skin tolerates it so well. I think that the 5-minute-limit is helpful, it addition to the buffers @itsfi noted. I generally think of โ€˜cleanโ€™ products as having short lists, but this proves that is not always the case.

Yes, those Aโ€™Pieu masks are like cotton candy for the skin: lighthearted and such a treat!

Great masking @eshoe ! The Alpyn Beauty Polishing Peel Mask is one I would want to eventually try. Was your skin feeling dry after washing it off ? What is the shelf life after opening? I read the ingredients list on the Alpyn Beauty website ( I would have needed a magnifying glass otherwise lol ! ) and it sounds very interesting. I think it might be worth the investment ( Alpyn Beaty doesnโ€™t ship in Freezeland but The Detox Market ( Canadian company ) does! Yay! ๐Ÿ’•

@keana1 hello, hello! My skin never feels dry after using this. I do double up on moisturizers as a precaution, though. Shelf life, the jar says 12 months. I am already almost 1/2 way through it, and just bought it late last fall. I wish they did samples of this at the Detox Market! That way you could give it a try. I donโ€™t think I would recommend splurging on a FS, just in case you hate it, or it causes irritation. There are just sooooo many opportunities for the latter with this list of ingredients!

Thanks @eshoe ! Your answer is very helpful ! I have to finish the OH Facial Sauna Scrub first but I think that Iโ€™m going to try it eventually since it sounds gentle. Itโ€™s good to know that your skin doesnโ€™t feel dry afterwards. Youโ€™re right, it would be nice if a smaller size was available but I do like the ingredients ( I donโ€™t think my skin would react negatively to them, my skin isnโ€™t as sensitive as I thought ). Hope everything is great at home! ๐Ÿฅฐ

It is gentle, @keana1 - no irritation in my skin which has been a little finicky this year! I bought mine form Credo, and I checked, but they do not ship to CA so I guess Detox is the way to go if you decide to try it. Things are good, I am happy to say. I hope you and Kauai are healthy and happy as well! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe, does your skin feel sensitive today after this masking? There are some soothing ingredients and hydrators in the wash off that seem like they could help buffer the acids and some more potent extracts in the wash off, but thatโ€™s a long list of ingredients, and actives too, plus the pineapple enzymes from the sheet mask.

I spy Irish moss in the wash off too. All this time I thought it was it was just recently introduced to the market. Go figure! ๐Ÿ˜†

My skin feels normal today, @itsfi - no redness or irritation. I donโ€™t use a morning cleanser anymore and Iโ€™ve notice just rinsing with water has helped protect my skin from over stripping.

I had to laugh to myself when I couldnโ€™t paste the ingredients as words. It almost seemed like a, โ€œHmmmm, this can be good for the skin, letโ€™s throw it in there, too!โ€ list. The buffers must work effectively, as my experiences with it have been all positive. I am also careful not to dermaplane, micro needle, or use any type of exfoliating product at least a few days prior to this mask. No need to get all risk-happy! 

eta: the Irish moss, I need to look that one up-seems like you used it not too long ago. Maybe it is listed as the carrageenan? 

@eshoe, yes, it is listed as carrageenan.

Wow that is a long ingredients list, @eshoe! It sounds like a nice mask though. And even if they aren't super functional those eye patches ARE extremely cute! 

It is, @quspork! It always surprises me, not sure why, except that I would think โ€˜cleanโ€™ products would have a much shorter list than this ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

Attention Ulta shoppers: I canโ€™t use this Lancome mask (contains too many bad-for-me ingredients), so hereโ€™s my one-time-use Ulta freebie code. It's good for today (March 1) only. Please comment if used. 

Code: 5CY0Z5H6RP  **Exclusions apply. One per customer. While quantities last. Gift item cannot be used to satisfy the dollar purchase requirement for the free gift.Code: 5CY0Z5H6RP **Exclusions apply. One per customer. While quantities last. Gift item cannot be used to satisfy the dollar purchase requirement for the free gift.

Normally I'd post this in the Ulta GWPs thread, but I thought a fellow masker might want this one. 

As for masking myself: I've slipped back into my tried and trues these last few weeks, including some clay wash-off masks. But I don't think I've ever reviewed The Inkey List's mask in this thread... pretty sure I've reviewed Origins Clear Improvement before, and maybe also Paula's Choice's clay + charcoal mask. This is me reminding myself to post about TIL's mask sometime this week. 

This is why I should be opening my ULTA e-mails @WinglessOne , thanks for the reminder.  I've been avoiding them since I can't shop.... but I could be passing on some savings!

J is for Jumiso

IMG_20210221_150147265.jpg

• the packaging on these are too dang cute!! I'm pretty sure @itsfi gifted me this one, I know she gifted me another version, and I didn't label the gifter on this one, so my apologies if I'm not correct
  • White thinnish sheet that fit good, a touch long at the chin
  • Scent was fresh/sweet
  • Clear extra serum in the package
  • No lasting tackiness
  • Wear time was 20 minutes
  • My skin felt so good after removing this mask, more plump and moisturized and felt more soft! 
  • This is a goodie, one I would love to use againIMG_20210221_150155067.jpg

โ€ƒ

I don't think this was me @lmaster, but this line of sheet masks is nice and has such fun designs. I wouldn't say 'no' to soft, plump and moisturized skin. ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi Ahhhhh me either!!! Maybe motm then ๐Ÿคท ๐Ÿ˜‚

The artwork on these masks is so fun, @lmaster. My dog thinks I am trying to play when I do yoga, so I can relate;)

@eshoe so stinking cute!! Love that the dog is doing yoga too โ˜บ๏ธ

@lmaster  This is a great line, and I remember especially liking this one! Glad you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 these are so cute! I just can't remember where the heck this one came from ๐Ÿ˜‚ maybe motm or a subscription ๐Ÿคท

@lmaster  I remember this mask... It made me want to pretend I was doing yoga while wearing it lol! Glad to hear it held up for you.

1 Reply
testing