Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Is this them?  I wasnโ€™t expecting them to be synthetic. I have half a mind to go buy some silk satin and figure out how to line my prรฉ existing  masks with it.  

00FB404C-E31B-4C16-BA97-754F3A8E96DA.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Yes @heartsmyface! Those are the ones. I didn't realize they were made of synthetic material either. Grrr. Good catch. 

That's so funny you brought up buying your own silk fabric and using it to line your masks. I was toying with the idea of picking up some fabric as well and making my own version of this liner.

from masksheets (dot) comfrom masksheets (dot) com

@itsfi   Itโ€™s definitely looking like thereโ€™s a void in the market for silk liners.  Everything Iโ€™m

seeing is โ€˜silkyโ€™ and synthetic or silk but with seams against the face.   I want the satin on the INSIDE of my mask and with none of the seams against my face.  Iโ€™m thinking French seams will hide nicely.  Am I asking a lot?  It appears so.  Iโ€™m going to make some patterns tonight and play with an old silk pillowcase and see what works.  Oh yes!!! Silk on the bias is definitely the answer!  Itโ€™s got the perfect amount of stretch!  
D says we can take a trip to fabricland tomorrow and,lol, I donโ€™t have to cut up the linens.  Iโ€™m all wanting to start NOW!   ๐Ÿ˜…

@heartsmyface, is this something that might work for you? It looks like a Canadian based company.

90443923-52B4-4B33-BE86-E1B6F1D97188.png

โ€ƒ

@itsfi  Hey theyโ€™re local!  Iโ€™ve got my heart set on arts and crafts now so too late.  I got a little kick out of their washing instructions though!  Do not microwave.  That cannot be good for the elastic or the microwave.  

The arts and crafts will be fun @heartsmyface! ๐Ÿคฉ Keep us posted! 

@itsfi   wow, youโ€™ve done so well this month!!  not to be a little devil on your shoulder or anything but a device to protect your skin from friction and from getting raw hardly counts as a beauty purchase unless you plan to buy a few other items in the same transaction.  ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

I imagine going through your empties at the end of the month is going to be VERY satisfying knowing you didnโ€™t bring anything in all month!  ๐Ÿ˜„ 

@heartsmyface, completely agree! ๐Ÿ˜„ I would pull the trigger on the mask liners but as you said, there are a *few* things that I have in my cart that are not as functional as the mask liner. Heehee! 

I'm so happy to have pushed these out the door and happier still that there are some unused items I am able to donate. I've also been setting aside a handful of other new and unused products, with the idea that if I don't reach for them by the end of summer, I'll donate those as well. It'll be very satisfying to know that the only things I've purchased this month is food. lol. 

โ€œIโ€ for I snubbed it, I loved it, and now Itโ€™s discontinued๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

BD4865EC-FF82-4282-99D3-FBD86868A8E8.jpeg

Spoiler
The DearPacker Snow Lotus Honey Sheet Mask has been sitting in my drawer for awhile now. Not sure why; I loved the other one I tried last year). Inside I found a blush pink, gel-soaked mask with a single hard plastic mesh protective layer. It has a very subtle, sweet honey scent, and was chock-full of goopy serum. It fit well, no snipping necessary. I left it on around 30 minutes. My face felt and looked pleasantly plump, with only a little bit of remaining tackiness. I immediately went went to search my deleted emails to see where I purchased this, so I could add it to my buy again list...and itโ€™s been discontinued. A reminder to use the masks I have, and donโ€™t snub a possible love before itโ€™s too late! 

Thank you @ShortErica for this much-needed theme!

Ohhhhh noooo @eshoe yep I noticed all the dearpacker are gone from Ulta ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Such a bummer @lmaster. Their hydrogels were good, too. I wonder if those are still available. I remember they were one of the few that pretty much stayed in place instead of sliding off my face๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe if I recall correctly, Ulta completely did away with the brand

Go figure, @lmaster๐Ÿ˜•

@eshoe  Oh dang it! That mask sounds wonderful, of course they had to discontinue it!  ๐Ÿ˜ซ

@Shosh85 I can almost guarantee that had it been been terrible, I would have had three backups๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe   Ahhhh, of course itโ€™s discontinued!  Sigh!    I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve seen this one but will have to double check my stash for it.  If I have one itโ€™s yours.  

It never fails, @heartsmyface. I put it off for so long, even though I distinctly remembered enjoying the other one. I suppose I was saving it for a special day? Like the day I couldnโ€™t buy any more? Time to re-evaluate my masking strategy ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

Thatโ€™s very sweet of you to offer, also-though you may enjoy it just as much as I did๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe   I donโ€™t have it!  I think I had one and decluttered it thinking it was a mud mask cause that packaging is looking sooooo familiar.   Did it feel squishy like a mud mask?   

It wasnโ€™t like a mud/clay sheet mask @heartsmyface. More like a jelly one, the serum, anyway. Thatโ€™s ok, so thoughtful of you to even think of doing that! 

btw I see holo taco has a peel off base, that seems very cool. Also the glass nail files! I bought the Sephora one and let my daughter use it as soon as I opened it. It fell on the tile and broke. Never even tried it. It looked like it would have worked well, though.

@eshoe  Oh my gosh the peel off base is addictive!  Prepare to need to paint your nails everyday if youโ€™re a nail polish picker!  Itโ€™s so satisfying!  

also get your glass nail files on Amazon!  Theyโ€™re way cheaper for the same thing!  You can get 3 for $12!  I love how they buff your nails super shiny with minimal effort too!  So addictive! They last a little longer than sandpaper ones and work better and are more sanitary so Iโ€™ll never go back!  
Thatโ€™s maddening you didnโ€™t even get to try it!  Iโ€™ll be forever afraid of dropping them now!  

Ahhhhh thatโ€™s exactly what I was hoping to hear, @heartsmyface! I wonder how well it would work with glitter nail polish. That stuff is a real hassle to remove, and I have so much of it that I donโ€™t wear for that reason alone. Thanks for the introduction:)

5 Replies
testing