Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster, youโ€™d think after all these years Iโ€™d know that my skin needs consistent hydration from hyaluronic acids. ๐Ÿ˜† I kept thinking after using each of these masks โ€œohhh, my skin feels so much more hydrated.โ€ ๐Ÿ˜” Note to self: โ€œSelf, get back into the habit of doing a hyaluronic acid based mask at least once per week.โ€

@itsfi   The one called Tears made me chuckle.  I silently added โ€˜of my enemiesโ€™ to the name and immediately loved it!  :D. 

Hahahaha @heartsmyface! I loooove it! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ Iโ€™m pretty sure I picked up the mask because of the name and the pretty blue packaging. I like the name โ€œTears of my enemiesโ€ even better!! Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™m going to call it from now on! โ˜บ๏ธ

@itsfi those are some really cool looking masks!

Thank you @Samtian! A couple of the masks I used this week included a food theme. ๐Ÿ˜‹ Thinking about it is making me hungry. ๐Ÿ˜† 

I is for Innisfree. It's also one that I've put off trying for along time, mostly because I just haven't been too impressed with the others I've tried from the line. 
C3B06DEC-241C-4F2B-B19E-CDC813F3CFC3.jpeg

Spoiler

Innisfree My Real Squeeze Aรงaรญ Berry Sheet Mask

Material:

Medium thickness cotton, but stretchy and comfy

Serum:

White, milky

Scent:

A mix of fruity and floral - maybe slightly more on the fruity side. It was light and I thought it was pretty pleasant

Fit:

Pretty good, just a tiny bit too long at the chin. This one also had forehead tabs (see in spoiler,) which I usually either fold over or chop off, depending on the kind of mood I'm in. ๐Ÿ˜†

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Light, lasted about 15 minutes

Results:

Soft, hydrated, moisturized and lightly plumped skin.

Repurchase?

Yes, I would!  There really isn't too much to complain about with this one!

The mask:

Spoiler
56DAC1FC-0B08-4768-B093-9D22CAC971D5.jpeg

@Shosh85  This sounds pretty good! I was surprised to see Sephora carry this brand but they havenโ€™t stocked any sheet masks! 

@ather It was really great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'd be interested to know if Sephora has any future plans to sell sheet masks - I was actually a little surprised they started carrying the brand too!

Yaaaaaaay great news when a brand can redeem themselves @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster  It's definitely been my favorite one so far! Love that milky serum! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 I'm glad to hear you like this one!! I think I have one in the stash. 

@Samtian  It was really nice! I'm a big sucker for milky serum! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85   Oh yes!!  This mask looks so very pleasant!   This brand hasnโ€™t disappointed me yet.  Which ones didnโ€™t you like?  

@heartsmyface  I wouldn't say I didn't like them, more like I just didn't love them. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I'd happily use them again, I just don't think they've amazed me enough to make me want to repurchase. There's also a couple that not only had alcohol, but also smelled like alcohol and that just kinda annoys me ๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

I remember you sharing that you liked this one @Shosh85! Love a good fruity scent! The sheet masks in this collection with the milky serums are great. ๐Ÿ˜ I think the sheet masks from this line would be good for daily masking.

@itsfi  Yup, I would definitely consider these good filler/eveyday masks.... except for the ones that have alcohol- couldn't do that daily ๐Ÿ˜‰

Funny enough I almost used this one last night, @Shosh85 - but it was snubbed over once again๐Ÿ˜† I am more inclined to use it now that I know it has a milky serum. Go figure! More and more, it seems like the ones that get picked over are the ones that should  be used.

@eshoe  I agree! More than half the time the ones I snub are ones I end up liking! Milky serum is always a big selling point for me too ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I is for โ€˜I didnโ€™t know this was an overnight maskโ€™. Iโ€™ve had this Etude House Body Spot Patch pack for a while and decided to see what the deal was with it.  It comes with two packs of three different sized bandaid looking patches.  
from the website:

This soothing spot patch provides you with intensive care for problem skin areas of your whole body at any time. The product has a mild analgesic effect.

Etude House Body Spot Patch contains arginine, salicylic acid, Baikal skullcap (scutellaria baicalensis) extract, peony root extract, licorice extract, madecassoside, and more.

One of the productโ€™s key ingredients, madecassoside, helps to restore the synthesis of collagen and elastic fibers. Known for its depigmenting, regenerating and softening properties, madecassoside facilitates the healing and regeneration processes in your skin due to the regulation of keratinocytes. Because of this fiber-regenerating ability, madecassoside is capable of reducing deep wrinkles and providing a medium-term lifting effect.

The package contains 3 sets of spot patch of different sizes.

HOW TO USE

Remove the protective film from the patch and attach the patch onto a problem area for 12 hours. Use the spot patch both during the day and at night.

yeah I wish I had of read it was an overnight commitment before placing the bandages randomly all over the place but okay Iโ€™m willing to stick it out.  Iโ€™ve got two small ones on my knuckles (for wrinkle science) and the rest are on my chest and dry areas of my face. 
i love the cute design on thรฉ patches.  They smell mรฉdicinal - like a doctors office.  I suppose Iโ€™ll report back in the morning:) 

A76E9602-EF26-4769-8EEC-745D80AB58ED.jpeg

โ€ƒ

9B5C6D39-D65A-4B13-A2CB-C502050A1B05.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface  Love you put them on your knuckles for wrinkle science. 

Update- overnight a few of the patches came off but where they stayed on my face feels the most hydrated itโ€™s ever felt and the discomfort around my nose is gone!  They werenโ€™t kidding when they said there was a gentle analgesic effect.  I have no discomfort but Iโ€™m not numb. I would completely believe there was lidocaine in these if I hadnโ€™t already read the ingredients.
Where I was wearing the patches there was definitely brightening.  Thereโ€™s a rectangle of lighter skin on my chest.  I hope itโ€™s temporary. I like these!!! The inside completely melted down with my body heat and absorbed overnight.  Theyโ€™re much thinner this morning.   Iโ€™m feeling like these may have been made for fading scars or something and I have been interpreting โ€˜spotsโ€™ as dry patches.  That may explain all the mini ones!  Theyโ€™d perhaps be excellent for acne scarring.  Or maybe itโ€™s for both scarring and wrinkles.   I have to hunt more of these down if I can cause I want to try them out on my husband.  
Edit- I thiiink these are now either rebranded as  hydrocolloid trouble patches or theyโ€™re not available for export? I just made an  Etude house order to find out. They seem to have redesigned the packaging on everything I love anyway so an order was due.  

1 Reply
testing