Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Samtian Love it! It may have been just okay, but at least you look super cute! The scent is probably my favorite part about this one ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฏ

@Shosh85 Thank you! I wish I could have smelt it full strength. I have the phantom smells now, and all I smell 24/7 is smoke so I am happy with the .2 seconds of honey smell haha.

Is that 5 nights?? @Samtian you look adorbs!!

@lmaster Yep! And thank you!

Freddy Fazbear?! Blast from the past @Samtian! I didn't play it, but had friends who did. The design on this one is cute and I like that it smells like honey, but I agree with you - not good, not bad!

@itsfi Yep!! My brother and I did until he got married and moved out, boo, haha. 

@Samtian   These masks were a cute bundle of sugar coated disappointment. Theyโ€™re slightly better if you cut the ears and half an inch off each side ๐Ÿ˜‰  Why were they so big?  

@heartsmyface I was looking up info on the mask and no one except like influencers had a 5 star review haha everyone was let down. 

@Samtian   Wow.  5 stars is very generous!  I would give it 3 stars max for scent and cuteness and thatโ€™s only if i remembered to cut the ears off before getting the serum in my hair. 

@heartsmyface yeah 2-3 was the norm.

@Samtian  Ahhh itโ€™s so cute!!! I love the bear ears on it!!

@ather I think so too!

H is for Holika Holika and Hallyu....... and one of them smells Good Enough to Eat

46379480-E28B-4193-954A-465B05152904.jpeg

Spoiler

Holika Holika Watermelon vs Hallyu Watermelon

Material:

Holika Holika: Thin, sort of meshy, cotton that had a light pink hue

Hallyu: What they refer to as a "jelly" mask - basically a thin hydrogel. It's a two piece and was transparent but with a pearly sheen. SUPER fragile. It seriously ripped all over the place just trying to place/adjust.

Serum:

Holika Holika: Clear, watery. A little extra in pouch.

Hallyu: Clear, watery. No extra.

Scent:

Holika Holika: Artificial watermelon - like a jolly rancher ๐Ÿ˜‹

Hallyu: Meh. A light, sort of plastic-y scent. I maay have got some very brief and very faint whiffs of watermelon - but it was really very faint and could mostly just smell that plastic-y scent

Fit:

Holika Holika: Tiny bit too wide and too long at the chin/jawline

Hallyu: Too short at the forehead and not wide enough by the ears

Wear Time:

Holika Holika: Half hour

Hallyu: 25 minutes

Tack:

Both had light tack, that stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

Holika Holika: Soft and smooth, lightly hydrated skin

Hallyu: Soft and smooth, lightly hydrated and plumped skin

Who wins?

I would have to say Holika Holika wins this round. It was just an overall more enjoyable experience.

Repurchase?

I wouldn't repurchase the Hallyu one but I might repurchase the Holika Holika one, just wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
Holika Holika:
96D850A4-8A46-4EB8-9B1D-095AC6C8131F.jpeg

Hallyu:
B1F0D10F-E549-4ECF-87BF-5A55FBAB3182.jpeg

I did like this one @Shosh85 they all can't be the best though

@Shosh85 did you ever try the Glow Recipe hydro gel? The scent on that was Jolly Rancher goodness, too! I will keep the Holika Holika in mind for a good scented mask. Hmmm, I guess there is the Aโ€™Pieu, as well. That one is yummy!

@eshoe  Yup, it definitely smelled very similar to the GR mask! The scent was probably the best part about this one! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‰

@Shosh85  ouhhh a mask off!!  
Oh I hate it when masks rip!  I know they work just as well with a tear or two but it drives me insane! 

@heartsmyface   The material felt nice, but it was pretty annoying that I couldn't even adjust it a smidge without it ripping on me. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

@Shosh85 ooh how fun to compare them!

@Samtian  Definitely seemed like a perfect pair to duel, but even better that it fit the theme! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85  You had me a jolly rancher scent!

3 Replies
testing