Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

A Dairy Queen Blizzard with Oreos was the first time I tried the mix, @itsfi. Itโ€™s a great combo but it is hard to finish because it gets so sweet towards the end! 200 different flavors?! I had to peek and yes, I see soy sauce listed ๐Ÿ˜ณ The Scotch whiskey sounds interesting, too. I think!

@itsfi  Mmm, delicious! Is it just me or does Dragon Fruit look like white kiwis?

Love this line of masks! There hasn't been one I haven't liked yet! Glad you enjoyed this one too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

White kiwis is a good way to describe them @Shosh85 - supersized white kiwis. As far as I know, there are 3 different kinds of dragon fruit, though completely possible there are more - 2 white fleshed types - one with a pink skin, like this one and another with a yellow skin. My preference is for the yellow skin varietal but I didn't see that at the market the day I went. The third is a pink fleshed pink skin variety; I'm wondering if that's what's used for pitaya bowls or pitaya smoothies, to give it that bright, hot pink color. Hmmm... More research to do. 

Agree; this line of masks is really good. All the Papa Recipe sheet masks that I've used have been ones I'd happily use again and/or repurchase. I don't think I've tried all the ones from this particular fruitables line, but of the ones I've tried so far, I think the orange version has been my favorite - you gifted me that one! ๐Ÿค— Do you have a favorite from this line? (I mean, you know I had to ask, right? I've probably asked that one before; sorry if that's the case.)

@itsfi  I lost my notes on two of them, but I'm almost positive the orange version has been my favorite as well! The scent on that one reminds me of tang ๐Ÿ˜‹๐ŸŠ

Maybe that's what it was @Shosh85. Tang!!! I have that it's a familiar scent but that I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. Then I have notes to the side like "not Orange Julius, not an orange creamsicle, not an orange tic tac...." Hahaha! Tang could most definitely be the scent. I think I've tried all but the pineapple / yellow one.

Good enough to eat ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ“

IMG_20210218_110822518.jpg

• โ€ƒthis was a white medium thickness sheet that fit really well, maybe a tad long at the chin
  • The scent was fruity, not the strawberry scent I remembered it to be, I have had this mask for a couple years ๐Ÿฅบ so I'm assuming the scent has toned down some
  • There was a small amount of extra clear serum in the package
  • Wear time was 20 minutes, it did start to absorb and dry the sheet out around the chin area after 10 minutes
  • I massaged the remaining serum into my skin and it did feel a bit tacky for a few minutes
  • My skin did feel refreshed and a touch more hydrated with a subtle glow
  • If I seen these again, I would repurchaseIMG_20210218_110830095.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster  Mmmmmm now Iโ€™m craving a big bowl of strawberries. Or the strawberry loaf I made last week. ๐Ÿคค

Ohhhhh strawberry loaf @ather Killin me ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  It was sooo yummy!!! I put strawberry icing on it too!! 

Offffff course you did!! @ather drooling over here ๐Ÿ˜‹

@lmaster  okay thats an interesting combo.  Why do I feel like it would taste like fruity tic tacs?  Why do I want to taste it at all?  Iโ€™m not a fan of minty fruit flavours so I donโ€™t know why this intrigues me so much.  
Where did you pick this one up?  

@heartsmyface there honestly was no minty scent, just fruity, I bought them in a 3 pack at least a year ago,, probably longer actually. At a store called dollar general, but I googled them and did find some on ebay as well, I think amazon too

@lmaster, this is the first time Iโ€™ve seen the combination of strawberry and tea tree oil. Did you find it helped with controlling oil as it claimed? 

Yes @itsfi it absolutely did!! My skin did feel extra clean after using it, not drying to my skin at all

Oooouh!! That sounds lovely @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜ I also really liked hearing that it smelled like strawberry, even if only faintly. That's a scent that's preferred over the smell of tea tree oil. 

@itsfi no tea tree scent ๐Ÿ˜‰

Wow @lmaster, sounds like you have been cleaning out your mask stash ๐Ÿ™‚ This reminds me that I bought some strawberry extract to try to make gummy bears ๐Ÿ˜„ 

A subtle glow is always nice, plus a fruity scent, yum:)

Ohhh yum!! @eshoe that's so cool you make gummies!!

Weโ€™ll see how they turn out, @lmaster...it will be my first attempt. Could be delicious and could be a disaster ๐Ÿ˜„

@lmaster  I've never seen/heard of this brand before - it sounds great! The packaging sure looks refreshing! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ“

I seen them in a 3 pack at the dollar general store @Shosh85 have not seen them since ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

testing