Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather  Right?! It smelled delicious! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‰

Love the comparison @Shosh85! I didn't know Holika Holika had this watermelon mask. Taking notes ... Mmmm, watermelon jolly rancher; love that scent! 

@itsfi  I know it's not duel week, but I am constantly getting these two confused with each other (mostly because of the packaging) and thought it was time to duel them out. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Masking duels really are great @Shosh85! They make it easier to highlight the differences in masks. It would be so easy to confuse these two. 

@itsfi  The jolly rancher scent got me too. I feel like it brings me back to my junior high days!

Itโ€™s been a while.  I have been masking I swear.  I donโ€™t know why itโ€™s been such a challenge getting myself to sign in and post. 
I found these under masks at Winners.  Theyโ€™re sticker style and are the weirdest shape . They donโ€™t hide well under a medical grade disposable mask so it just looks like im wearing two masks.  They are hydrating and they do cut back on protective mask friction, but hereโ€™s the thing, they donโ€™t stick to the places I actually get mask irritation which is the inner cheeks and near my nostrils.  Why didnโ€™t they just shape them like every other lower face mask?  I suppose I could cut them and stick em where i need them. I like the idea of these though and am watching for other brands to release their own versions.   

CCEA5B0F-B087-4815-A72B-B08EA6E1761D.jpeg

โ€ƒ

E9B6C1A2-BB9C-4533-855F-278FD502FF3A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@heartsmyface I'm all about a chin lift mask!! 

This is..interesting @heartsmyface! It looks like a supersize version of the Skyn eye gels. I really feel for everyone who has to wear a mask all day and/or night. Maybe this will be a good vaulting point for other companies to come up with something more feasible.

@heartsmyface Huh that's a cool idea for a mask. I love your hair!!

@Samtian  thank you,  my bangs are an awkward length right now so Iโ€™m forced to go with a side swoosh even though itโ€™s not cut to sit that way.  Itโ€™s working for now but Iโ€™m going to need to get them trimmed soon. 

@heartsmyface  I picked these up as well. I havenโ€™t tried it yet but I think I was most disappointed that they arenโ€™t individually wrapped. I was going to bring mine to work and share. One of the girls I work with had a really bad reaction the other day from her mask and I thought this would be more soothing for her. But silly me opened it and I didnโ€™t think it would be good to share since itโ€™s open. 

@ather   Right!?  It kinda starts a timer on how fast you have to use them up as well.  I suppose we can individually wrap them ourselves but theyโ€™re not really sterile for sharing during a pandemic.  Who knows, maybe she might appreciate the offer. 

i canโ€™t help but feel like bacteria from our mouths and noses is getting trapped all over our faces when weโ€™re breathing in them for extended periods of time and the friction from the masks is wearing away at our skin barriers making people more susceptible to breakouts, so I like the idea of this extra layer of protection even if itโ€™s only for twenty minutes. 

@heartsmyface  Good idea! I could wear gloves put it in a ziploc bag lol. Maybe if I see them again Iโ€™ll get her a set! 

My entire chin has been broken out since the pandemic started. Iโ€™ve been wearing no makeup. Nothing helps it. Itโ€™s like a constant breakout. I wash my masks after every use. I canโ€™t use the disposable ones they kill my skin and I get so itchy and red and rashy. Only good thing no one sees my break outs cause they are under my mask.  Funny story I was using my pore vacuum the other weekend and I barely went over a spot and got a huge bruise. But no one seen it cause it was on my chin ๐Ÿคฃ

@ather   Are bamboo masks a thing yet?  Or something silky?  I know bamboo has antibacterial properties.  May be something to look into.  And polysporin gel around my nostrils has become a part of my premask routine.  Not pretty but it keeps things hydrated and protected.  Maybe that could help you? 

@heartsmyface  Good idea with the bamboo masks Iโ€™ll check into it. I know slip has a silk one I keep looking for them I need to search harder I think. I also did the DDG webinar and he has this acne cream I am going to try once mine is done. Hoping it will help too. I think your right the extra moisture and trapped bacteria are causing my breakouts. 

@heartsmyface  Oooh, genius! I love the idea of wearing a beauty mask under a mask! ๐Ÿ™Œ

@Shosh85 @Yeah i really feel if they fine tuned these to cover the more sensitive areas that need extra help theyโ€™d be better.  Iโ€™m going to try using a cut up one tomorrow.  

Oh my goodness @heartsmyface! These look super helpful! I could also use ones that cover the other areas you mentioned. I have some that are on backorder and have found some that I need to do more research on to see if they are what I need / am looking for. 

@itsfi  I really think theyโ€™re onto something here cause my skin felt much better without the friction and hydration wins over breath moisture any day.   What brands have you looked at?  I bought three packs of four of these so Iโ€™ll have to whip out the scissors and experiment with different shapes.  

@heartsmyface, I looked at ones from Skin, Inc. and Masque Bar. I saw another one, but it was a little different; it was more a liner, but without the ear loops. I can't remember the site where I found it. If I see it again, I'll let you know. 

H is for hydration, Hylocereus undatus (aka dragon fruit aka pitaya), healthy, and hurry up! (it's expired - eek!

H - dragonfruit good 2 eat.jpg
I spied dragon fruit at the market the other day, so naturally, into my cart it went and this was my breakfast this morning. Yum! ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Spoiler
Material; Fit & Essence:   
This Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Pink Squeeze Vitality Mask, like the other sheet masks in this collection is a very thin cotton sheet. It adheres wonderfully, wears comfortably for the entire half hour I had on the mask, and fit can be made to work with some adjustments to the usual suspects (corners of eyes, nose and mouth and length at the chin and jawline). The clear, slightly viscous, watery essence and has a deliciously refreshing sweet and fruity scent, good enough to eat, you might say. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹ The theme of the week has been a lot of fun @heartsmyface, and tasty! ๐Ÿ˜‹ From the listed ingredients, I pick up the peach and lychee scents in this one.

Claims, Performance & Results:  
The mask claims to soothe and vitalize irritated skin, which sounds wonderful. My skin wasn't particularly irritated the morning I reached for this one so I can't really speak to how well it met its claim. What I can say is that this mask imparted a nice dose of much needed hydration to my skin, leaving it looking and feeling refreshed and lightly brightened, glowy. There's a slight bounce to my skin as well, which is nice. This is one I'd be happy to use again - I'd be particularly interested in seeing how this mask performs (and whether it lives up to its claims) when my skin is irritated. 

1 Reply
testing